SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-15, 08:25 PM   #556
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby View Post
Great idea, Sober!

I'd like to know how did you make the water invisible?

Let's test this...
There must be a Seawater Pump Mod here on subsim
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 08:54 PM   #557
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
There must be a Seawater Pump Mod here on subsim
Climate change .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 12:02 AM   #558
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Removed shallow waters from
Memel
The Baltic ports area
Kiel
The entire Kiel canal
The area west of the Kiel canal
Wilhelmshaven
Scapa flow
Stornoway
Loch Ewe
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4704

Last edited by THE_MASK; 07-15-15 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-15-15, 11:33 AM   #559
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Removed shallow waters from
Memel
The Baltic ports area
Kiel
The entire Kiel canal
The area west of the Kiel canal
Wilhelmshaven
Scapa flow
Stornoway
Loch Ewe
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4704
Old 07-15-15, 11:50 AM   #560
gap
Navy Seal

@ sober

can you place a terrain object on an exact coordinate on the world map, or is there an high degree of approximation involved? Similarly, can you rotate terrain objects, making them to face a certain direction, or not? Do you get any information on height amsl from terrain editor, when placing an object on a certain spot?

each pair of leading lights require a wise placing and alignment, if we want them to bring us in the right direction rather than on land. Not the NASA level of accuracy indeed...
Old 07-15-15, 01:05 PM   #561
Oby
Medic

Downloads: 458
Uploads: 0

Well, I'm dissapointed...I tested Breaking the Fortress campaign mission in different ways:

1. Vanilla AI scripts
2. Vanilla with Haramirs AI
3. Vanilla with Uboot Killer AI
4. IRAI 0.0.30
5. IRAI 0.0.37
6. IRAI 0.0.41

Tested both with shallow waters and deepened Scapa region...
Conclusion(nothing new):
- destroyers get stuck(as VDR said- they lost connection) as soon as they lost contact with player sub...
- I can surface the sub in front of totaly defensless destroyer and proceed without any ASW action against my sub...
- I can even attack and sunk stucked destroyers and they don't react...
- don't know for sure but it seems that there is sort of radius around ports in which the DDs get stuck- around 30 to 40km...

- what works as it should are(after loosing contact):

1. Searchlights
2. Radio(reinforcements came as they should)

It seems that this is one of that hardcoded bugs and the only one who can help us is TDW, but he lost interest long ago...

There is only one way to play missions like that(house rule): don't ever get detected by enemy forces around ports...Try to avoid and sneak past them undetected...Like Prien...And when the searchlights and starshells go on, surrender,quit the mission and try again from your last save....

Last edited by Oby; 07-15-15 at 01:18 PM.
Oby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 02:03 PM   #562
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby View Post
It seems that this is one of that hardcoded bugs and the only one who can help us is TDW, but he lost interest long ago...
Give him time guys. Someone like him, with several years of experience in modding SH games, and many top mods and modding tools released on his name, doesn't loose interest suddenly. He keeping quiet for quite a long time had already happened in the past. At least twice to my knowledge. Maybe he is busy with his private life, or maybe someone/something pissed him off, but he will be back, I am sure about that... In the meanwhile we should prepare a detailed report of the current issues relative to IRAI, and post them in the proper thread instead of dispersing the information over many non-relevant threads.
Old 07-15-15, 04:54 PM   #563
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

What about trying it with unpatched 1.05 .
What TDW exe patches do you have enabled ?
I still don't know what the exact problem is btw .
Old 07-15-15, 05:22 PM   #564
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
@ sober

can you place a terrain object on an exact coordinate on the world map, or is there an high degree of approximation involved? Similarly, can you rotate terrain objects, making them to face a certain direction, or not? Do you get any information on height amsl from terrain editor, when placing an object on a certain spot?

each pair of leading lights require a wise placing and alignment, if we want them to bring us in the right direction rather than on land. Not the NASA level of accuracy indeed...
Yes you can turn an object . Not sure about the other questions , don't know what you want . Because the object is linked to the terrain there is no way to adjust height afaik .
Lighthouse in the Baltic .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 07-15-15 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-15-15, 06:08 PM   #565
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Something I need fixing is the distance you can see TDW light house flashing light . It isn't any where near far enough . In this photo I can see the light house flash if I use the binos . I need to see it from this far out without binos . Its hopeless , the file must be hex edited or something . I can open it with goblin but cannot save a dat file . S3D wont open it up .
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Library\TDW_ FXU_Lighthouse_flare.dat (omg , its not this file) anyone know what file adjusts the lighthouse flare in FX Update ?

Last edited by THE_MASK; 07-15-15 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-15-15, 09:34 PM   #566
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yes you can turn an object.

Quote:
Not sure about the other questions , don't know what you want .
Talking about leading lights, what is most important is their position relative to each other: the imaginary line passing through the two of them should correspond to the ideal route for approaching the entrance to a port or a canal. A few degree off, and you are either on land, or too far in open waters. I guess, after placing an object in TE, the output we get is an ASCII file where object's positon is expressed in SH coordinates. Isn't it? Converting from them to deg, min, sec and viceversa, is quite straightforward. If my guessing is true, after saving the project and closing the editor, we could adjust lights' position directly by editing the output file. We would only need a text editor and some trigs. What do you think?

Quote:
Because the object is linked to the terrain there is no way to adjust height afaik .
Height is of secondary importance, as far as the front light is lower than the rear light. Of course objects lie on the terrain or sea bottom. But terrain editor lets us to adjust terrain heights, so where needed we can create small hills/depressions so to lower/raise objects indirectly. Is this correct? My question was: do you get any information by TE on the height of the currently selected spot of land/sea bottom?

Quote:
Something I need fixing is the distance you can see TDW light house flashing light . It isn't any where near far enough . In this photo I can see the light house flash if I use the binos . I need to see it from this far out without binos .
It is my intention creating individual flashing light effects for each beacon, with customized ranges and flashing periods reflecting real lights. We should also consider that some lights can be seen only from certain angles, or their color changes depending on the angle they are seen from. I am not sure we can implement that in game, but we can try. We could create a table with lighthouse pictures and main characteristics, for making easier their identification in game. This table could be printed at home, or included among the other custom charts, if possible.

Quote:
Its hopeless , the file must be hex edited or something . I can open it with goblin but cannot save a dat file . S3D wont open it up .
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Library\TDW_ FXU_Lighthouse_flare.dat
I think I should still have somewhere in my old hard drive some tweaked files by privateer or skwas, allowing S3d to handle SH5's particle generators. If I manage finding them, I will send them your way. Alternatively, you have two options: hex editing the file, or using the following workaround:

- open any dat file in S3ditor, and copy the Id of a node it contains; no matter which one;
- open TDW_FXU_Lighthouse_flare.dat in S3ditor, select the node called Light_House_flare and change its parent Id to reflect the previously copied Id;
- save, close S3ditor, and change the extension of TDW_FXU_Lighthouse_flare.dat to any other extension Goblin Editor can save;
- open again the dat file you had previously chosen, and merge FXU_Lighthouse_flare.* in the project; at this point there shouldn't be lost controller issue, since we made the particle generator a child of a node in an already loaded dat file;
- make your changes, save when ready and close Goblin Editor;
- change again the extension of the saved file to dat;
- don't forget to set again the parent Id of the tweaked particle generator to 0, using S3ditor and voila, you are ready to test your changes in game!
- merge it to any dat/gr2 file

Quote:
I guess its the GlobalScaleFar ?
Possible, but I am not sure about that. It has been a long time since the last time I edited a particle generator, and those controllers have a whole lot of parameters within them
Old 07-15-15, 10:32 PM   #567
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Thanks for the most complete answer
Nope , too hard for me to do . I just cannot follow the instructions , sorry .
I am obviously doing something wrong . When I check the file it has lost controllers and no particle generator .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 07-16-15 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-17-15, 03:23 PM   #568
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thanks for the most complete answer
Nope , too hard for me to do . I just cannot follow the instructions , sorry .
I am obviously doing something wrong . When I check the file it has lost controllers and no particle generator .
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k2...H5_adjusted.7z
Old 07-17-15, 03:57 PM   #569
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

No , unfortunately it doesn't allow to adjust any TDW_FXU particles . Anyway I am over it . The lighthouses there now will have to do . I will just replace those with your ones if , when you get time to do them .
Old 07-17-15, 04:07 PM   #570
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
No , unfortunately it doesn't allow to adjust any TDW_FXU particles . Anyway I am over it . The lighthouses there now will have to do . I will just replace those with your ones if , when you get time to do them .
The first one is almost ready. I am now texturing its front light (i.e. the light on top of the pole in the middle of the sea, see the picture I posted a couple of days ago), then I will start importing the models with GR2 Editor. When I get them ready, I will pass them on you, for you tu put them in game while I work on the goodies (light effects, winter textures, maybe a coupkle of animated characters, i.e. the light keeper and a soldier guarding the door, etc.)

Tags
climate, dynamic environment, environment, environmental mod, fog, weather