SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-09-09, 04:00 PM   #16
Red Heat
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 243
Uploads: 0

This is outstanding...Ubisoft sell with the sh3 millions of copy in this world, and even today they still want recebe more money for a game from 2005 witch is value is 10 euros! I have a the original game...and i cant play the game in my new os, if want to i must buy a new version clear of starforce with 1.4 patch with a bonus of sh2 (witch i have a long time a go). Why they dont release a tool to clean this ****? for those witch they able to prove witch they have the original game and key? ****!

Even the stock game i cant play anymore because the starforce dont allow me to play!

´´There is three kinds of man: the living, the death,
and those who are at Sea.´´

Plato
Red Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-09, 04:11 PM   #17
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Heat View Post
This is outstanding...Ubisoft sell with the sh3 millions of copy in this world, and even today they still want recebe more money for a game from 2005 witch is value is 10 euros! I have a the original game...and i cant play the game in my new os, if want to i must buy a new version clear of starforce with 1.4 patch with a bonus of sh2 (witch i have a long time a go). Why they dont release a tool to clean this ****? for those witch they able to prove witch they have the original game and key? ****!

Even the stock game i cant play anymore because the starforce dont allow me to play!
I agree, Ubisoft is screwing those who paid full price for the orginal game; the only solution is to purchase the new version sine starforce and patched to v 1.4b.
Old 11-10-09, 04:01 AM   #18
Red Heat
Ace of the Deep

Hiii

I wont "crack" my head any more because im not able to put my sh3 game working in my new os or wasting my time searching for hipotetical solutions witch they are only in the hands of the ubisoft because they have the tools to solve this situation witch they created and they dont wont to share with us for free (for those witch have the original game) because to maintain the business and greed.

I will put my copy from the sh3 in the same box with other games such destroyer command, silent hunter 1 and 2 and make a small museum!

For me personaly this question means the end of a era and the begining of a new one, THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH... to the GWX team for the huge work, and for share with us...personaly thanks for all adventures, happy times, dangers, and all so for the my success in my war patrols in this game and this "virtual Battle of the Atlantic"!

Now as a war veteran i will be send to a desk in the H.Q. serving as a war advisor of Döenitz and his staff or training and teaching the new officiers and crews for the next war call, witch i think its very close (we hope lol) the new silent hunter 5!

Wish me luck!

Kaleu "Red Heat"
2 Unterseeboots Flotilla

Plato
Old 11-10-09, 06:37 AM   #19
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Heat View Post
Hiii

I wont "crack" my head any more because im not able to put my sh3 game working in my new os or wasting my time searching for hipotetical solutions witch they are only in the hands of the ubisoft because they have the tools to solve this situation witch they created and they dont wont to share with us for free (for those witch have the original game) because to maintain the business and greed.

I will put my copy from the sh3 in the same box with other games such destroyer command, silent hunter 1 and 2 and make a small museum!

For me personaly this question means the end of a era and the begining of a new one, THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH... to the GWX team for the huge work, and for share with us...personaly thanks for all adventures, happy times, dangers, and all so for the my success in my war patrols in this game and this "virtual Battle of the Atlantic"!

Now as a war veteran i will be send to a desk in the H.Q. serving as a war advisor of Döenitz and his staff or training and teaching the new officiers and crews for the next war call, witch i think its very close (we hope lol) the new silent hunter 5!

Wish me luck!

Kaleu "Red Heat"
2 Unterseeboots Flotilla
I think that Jimbuna has a help file available to download that will help with this problem maybe you would be advised to P.M. him and ask about it.
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 07:48 PM   #20
Red Heat
Ace of the Deep

Thank you, SeaWolf U-57 i will do that...
Herr Jimbuna, your presence its need it in the dockyard, ASAP! lol

Plato
Old 11-13-09, 10:30 AM   #21
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Any chance of doing a sticky in the forum for all the SHIII issues with win7 like there is with vista. (I know there is the hardware forum but that is less specific)
Old 11-13-09, 04:15 PM   #22
nikbear
Sea Lord

Downloads: 86

I'm seriously thinking of moving to Win7,but......these problems that some people are having are putting me off I mean,SH3/GWX/SH3Cmdr is a life saver! without that I'd go insane So is the problem to do with old versions that need to be patched and have S/F
Also,what is the correct procedure to install SH3/GWX using Win7
Those who are running it successfully would they mind giving us all who wish to follow the same route the benefit of there experience?
Any help or guidance greatly appreciated
Old 11-13-09, 08:10 PM   #23
Talyllyn
Watch

Downloads: 28
Default Can not initialize 3D engine

I get the same problem with SH3 on my new Window 7 system.
AMD Phenom II Quad core 3.2Ghz
ATI graphics 5750 1Gb
Windows 7 Home Premium

The problem occurs at the full resolution (1920 x 1080) but if i crank it down a notch to 1776 x 1000 it seems to work fine.

I have only tried the standard patched version so far, on to GWX3 next!

There is a link somewhere in the forum to a Microsoft page to download a patch to run virtual XP but it only applies to the higher versions of Windows 7.
Talyllyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 06:27 PM   #24
nikbear
Sea Lord

I'm wondering if its worth sticking with XP for the time being,then when SH5 comes out upgrade to Win7 then Does anybody have an idea when SH5's eta is?
Old 11-22-09, 01:00 PM   #25
Greytop
Nub

Downloads: 4

Glad it's not just me
I've got the same problem with Windows 7 (64bit) & SH3 GW3.0+screen res fix.
i.e difficulty initialising 3D graphics unless I reset my desktop res to 1600x1200 or lower (Dell 24" 1920x1200).
Radeon 4870 with latest drivers, P5Q-DeluxeMB and Quad 6600.
Greytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-09, 04:50 PM   #26
Red Heat
Ace of the Deep

Hello

My solution was simple and fast...one computer two os...in the sata2 (1TB) hard disc i install the win7 64 bits...and in the another hard disc ide (80GB) i install the winxp 32 bits. In the startup the computer asks wich one i want to use...the games wich dont run in the win7 i install in the winxp those witch dont run in the xp or for beter performance needs more i...install in the win7!

What can i say...for me its the best of two Worlds!
and no more problems to run my dear SH3 GWX 3.0 Gold... lol

Plato

Last edited by Red Heat; 11-23-09 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-24-09, 04:06 AM   #27
nikbear
Sea Lord

I think I'm leaning towards a dual boot setup as well,at least until SH5 comes out
Old 11-24-09, 02:52 PM   #28
Red Heat
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbear View Post
I think I'm leaning towards a dual boot setup as well,at least until SH5 comes out

Hello

Of course mate , its a fast solution...at least untill sh5 see the day light...i think for sure the new sh5 it will prepared to run under win7 32 bits and 64 bits as well...but i think the win7 dont like very mutch about patchs and mods...its too much elitist to my taste!
We like it or not the old winxp its a true 4x4 of the os looks like the type VII to me...the true "warhorse"!

Plato
Old 11-27-09, 11:33 PM   #29
dbf574
Mate

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopcatWA View Post
I'm now running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit & all I did to get SHIV to run smootlhy was to do a complete clean install, setup the options of my
previous saved games & transpose the SH4 (saved games) into My Documents folder & that completed the installation apart from reloading
my mods back on via JSGME.

All my drivers are what I have had installed on my previos O/S WinXP Pro
64-Bit.

Cheers
Hey shipmate, unless you originally mis-keyed and placed a 4 instead of a 3 after the SH (which I hope is the case) since the forum is about SH III, could you post the steps you took in installing and whether your DVD was the original or the one without starforce. Thank you, in advance
Old 11-28-09, 12:28 AM   #30
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

I'm about to buy a new machine. Two 1TB hard drives (partitioned). Win7 on one and WinXP on the other. Best of both worlds.

In a year or so I'll reformat the WinXP HDD and have it as a second HDD to Win7.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote