SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-18, 03:41 PM   #1
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi schlechter pfennig,

I'm examining your mod and if I see it correctly you have the explosion effect twice: Once as "@DepthCharge_main_explosion" and a second time as "eject_effect". Is there a reason why you did this?

Best, LGN1

PS: I have seen that you use the same IDs for your 'subnodes' in your copy of the depth-charge effect as in the original effect. I'm not sure but this might be problematic.
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 10:31 PM   #2
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi schlechter pfennig,

I'm examining your mod and if I see it correctly you have the explosion effect twice: Once as "@DepthCharge_main_explosion" and a second time as "eject_effect". Is there a reason why you did this?

Best, LGN1
That is an error. I think that occurred when I ported over clusters to make the release versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post

PS: I have seen that you use the same IDs for your 'subnodes' in your copy of the depth-charge effect as in the original effect. I'm not sure but this might be problematic.
Could you be more specific? I tried very hard to avoid that, since duplicated IDs are a definite recipe for crashes.
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-18, 02:55 PM   #3
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi schlechter pfennig,

I have only looked at the GWX version. There, e.g., Node 6 - 12 (2x ParticleGenerator, VisibleUnderWater, and Fog) have the same Id as the corresponding nodes in particles.dat.

Best, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-18, 11:02 PM   #4
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Default New and Improved release!

A new and improved, Rev. A, mod has been released. I have extensively tested it for the save-and-load-CTD bug and (so far at least) I haven't had a CTD. I have only tested that so far using WAC 5.0.

The revised file(s) are located at http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5340

Thanks to everyone that has provided input, especially LGN1 for pointing out ID errors.
Old 03-17-18, 11:17 AM   #5
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 848
Uploads: 0

"Hunted"
Briefing = Attack with conventional depth charges required a direct passage of the ship over the target. The old deep-seated bombs were first dropped on the simplest principle: "roll the barrel." Dropped from the stern of the destroyer, they began to somersault in a wake. This "underwater acrobatics" reduced the rate of immersion of the bomb and could take it away. Depending on the speed of the ship, the type of bomb and the depth of immersing the submarine, it took time to submerge deep-sea bombs at a given depth. During this time the submarine could significantly change its course, speed and depth of immersion. Moreover, the thunder of ruptures of deep-seated bombs was temporarily deafened by the receivers, and the water vortices created by them helped the submarine hide. In such conditions, contact could be lost completely. In addition, the U-boat can use its own sonar for detection on the surface of the ship, which hunts for it. Therefore, the game of cat and mouse does not always end in favor of the hunter. Good luck, Herr Kaleun!

Last edited by Anvar1061; 03-17-18 at 11:27 AM.
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-18, 01:54 PM   #6
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
"Hunted"
Briefing = Attack with conventional depth charges required a direct passage of the ship over the target. The old deep-seated bombs were first dropped on the simplest principle: "roll the barrel." Dropped from the stern of the destroyer, they began to somersault in a wake. This "underwater acrobatics" reduced the rate of immersion of the bomb and could take it away. Depending on the speed of the ship, the type of bomb and the depth of immersing the submarine, it took time to submerge deep-sea bombs at a given depth. During this time the submarine could significantly change its course, speed and depth of immersion. Moreover, the thunder of ruptures of deep-seated bombs was temporarily deafened by the receivers, and the water vortices created by them helped the submarine hide. In such conditions, contact could be lost completely. In addition, the U-boat can use its own sonar for detection on the surface of the ship, which hunts for it. Therefore, the game of cat and mouse does not always end in favor of the hunter. Good luck, Herr Kaleun!
I like it!
Old 03-18-18, 02:00 PM   #7
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 848
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig View Post
I like it!
Sorry for my bad english.
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote