SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-12-09, 01:23 PM   #1
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4
Default Stuttering Sound issue

Hi. I'm running vista 32 on my brand new laptop (Toshiba P300-28H) and i experience the following problem. Whenever i play a CD or listen to music the computer makes the sound to stutter periodically. The sound will stutter for 1sec and it will do it again after 15min max. I've been searching a lot around, did some quite a googling but i couldn't find a solution. It seems that this is an old issue and unfortunately it also seems that it has to do a compatibility issue between vista drivers and the hard disk's drivers. Pretty ugly if you ask me cause i wonder why the heck Toshiba would deliver a laptop with an issue like that. Anyway, all my drivers are up to date and the only solution i have found is to switch my hard disk drivers from AHCI to Compatibility mode. This has elliminated the problem. Have you guys heard/experienced this problem? Any ideas, at all?

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote