SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-30-09, 03:03 AM   #16
Apocal
Navy Dude

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Between Real Fleetboat and Trigger Maru Overhaul, how do they compare? What are the differences between the two?
Apocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 05:49 AM   #17
Starforce2
Planesman

Downloads: 25

REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul --D/L Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OKA4IYO9

did that ever get posted?
Old 11-30-09, 06:45 AM   #18
beartooth91
Loader

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starforce2 View Post
REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul --D/L Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OKA4IYO9

did that ever get posted?
If you mean at silenthunter.filefront - yes, its the one linked to the link in your post above:

Quote:
Ok, a couple of recent submissions to update this thread list are:

RFB for 1.4=
http://silenthunter.filefront.com/fi...for_v14;106569

Trigger maru overhaul for 1.4=
http://silenthunter.filefront.com/fi...for_v14;106567
Quote:
Between Real Fleetboat and Trigger Maru Overhaul, how do they compare? What are the differences between the two?
TMO has lots of changes to the AI for more realistic play (Jap sensors, visual detection, etc.). Also has some creative license - the addition of Bungo Pete - being the primary one which comes to mind.

I don't know how to describe that RFB version.

I played TMO - with RSRDC - in my 1.4 days. Now, I'm playing RFB-1.52 with RSRDC now that I'm running 1.5. Note the 1.5 version of RFB has lots and lots more changes from the 1.4 version - damage model, crew management, etc.
beartooth91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 04:05 PM   #19
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocal View Post

TMO was about being realistic but the main goal was going for increased difficulty even if that changed the realism of it so it "feels" more real. in TMO sometimes realism was sacraficed for the sake of making the game more difficult.

RFB was about being realistic as much as possible while it increased difficulty in the goal of being realistic but realism wasnt sacraficed for the sake of making the game more difficult.

both mods have individual "style" differences mainly in the HUD and i think the keyboard controls are a little different too.

both mods have environmental mods built into them, one mod uses the ENV or ROW mod and the other uses the PE mod, these have differences in how fires, explosions, and smoke look.
Old 11-30-09, 04:41 PM   #20
WitoldGritz
Sailor man

I tried both Mods TMO and RFB, and my Opinion they - useless.
Its my opinion, its gratin of many mods that make playing unnecesary heavy and unpleasant, adding many unrelistic aspects and futures that are useless and - stupid.

After long time searching i would say all you need for proper gaming are good Ploting tools for navogation and calculations, 360 compass, Nomograph, some Mods which fix some minor issues such as raising antenas and etc., some sound mod that simulates realistic sounds inside the sub (if you want) and offcourse "live event" Radio with original war stuff.

Im crazy about Simulator games, it can be Air(LoMac), Ground combat(ArmA) or Water(SH)
sorry, but then i Dloaded Super Mods i was shocked! thy in Recicle bin now
WitoldGritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 12:36 PM   #21
beartooth91
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitoldGritz View Post
I tried both Mods TMO and RFB, and my Opinion they - useless.
Its my opinion, its gratin of many mods that make playing unnecesary heavy and unpleasant, adding many unrelistic aspects and futures that are useless and - stupid.
Care to provide some specific data/experiences to support the above ?

As a former (cold war era) submariner and amateur submarine historian; I think TMO + RSRDC is realistic, from a gameplay perspective. Many boats were lost to aircraft and daily aircraft avoidance crash dives were commonplace during the war. And while Bungo Pete may not be historically realistic; it was part of the submarine service lore at the time.
beartooth91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 05:11 PM   #22
WitoldGritz
Sailor man

If TMO used only basic stuff that required to hail realism - im for that!!! but its over spiced, all hood tweaks i mean what their're for?
i tried version for 1.4
The thing that spooked me of was "airplains can spot you at any deep" i mean sorry for my french, how can i play it?
Old 12-05-09, 11:22 PM   #23
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

well TMO and RFB modders were bored with the stock game in its original form and decided to change the "feel" of the game for a realistic feeling of immersion.

TMO decided to make you sweat it out and fear death the way real subs did in the war so he went for that feeling. TMO didnt mind stretching reality if need be to keep the white knucle feeling of danger and immersion. if you are an advanced player looking to be challenged this is a great mod to use.

RFB guys went for it to feel real as much as possible by making things as hard as they could in the name of realistic settings, times, and look. but they decided not to stretch reality just to try and get a real immersion feeling out of something. if you want a more realistic feel to your game than stock and you want it harder than stock but not way too hard then RFB is a good mod for you.

if you like the stock game feel but want to get the bugs and errors fixed as much as possible then my GFO mod will give you the stock feel with almost all of the fixes found in the TMO and RFB mods
Old 12-06-09, 04:30 AM   #24
WitoldGritz
Sailor man

yay!!! is it compatible with RSRD??
does it has all futures, like ploting tools, nomographs, extended HUD options, like ship identification, extended Sonar options, realistic masts, drafts, speeds, sinking mechanics, crew management and etc??

First of all it SImulator, so it shouldnt go beyond Reality, with my Sub im fighting Japanes Navy of mid of last century, not Aliens invaders from outer space, you know what i mean..

P.S. damn i have SH4-1.4 so cant use it.

BTW whats the point of weather report if it doesnt say.. ummm how u call it, hight of waves?
Old 12-20-09, 02:30 PM   #25
Apocal
Navy Dude

Downloads: 18

Is RSRD supposed to remove map contacts? I'm playing with the version posted here, without any supermods installed, only a few radar mods and I'm not getting map contacts. I read through the documentation for the mod, didn't see anything relevant to map contact updates being removed or modified.
Apocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-10, 05:01 PM   #26
HeinzMcDurgen
Watch

Default TMO 1.4

After spending some time playing 1.4 stock I decided to step up into the world of Mega-Mods. I had heard that most people start with TMO and after a while go on to play another one (name escapes me now). So I decided that this seemed to be a pretty viable route and give it a go.

I like TMO. A lot. Going from playing with no mods to all the stuff that TMO has tweaked is awesome. I did tack on some other flare that I've wanted for a while (baring plotter, maxoptics, etc) and it all works great. Now I'm all ready to hit the high seas and unleash hell upon the Empire of Japan...

only I can't find them to save my life.

Any words of wisdom to help find the elusive fleets of the Japanese Navy? How about a merchant ship in the wrong place at the wrong time?

That reminds me; I just completed a patrol mission (icon grayed out) and when I sent the message back saying I had done it to get another one nothing happened. It says my mission is complete, but won't issue me orders for another one. Glitch? Do I have to go back to port for some reason?

I appreciate any help in advance. Thanks guys.
-Heinz
HeinzMcDurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 01:04 PM   #27
HeinzMcDurgen
Watch

There isn't anyone that can help me out here?
HeinzMcDurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 01:24 PM   #28
Jurgens
Swabbie

Downloads: 66

downloaded the tmo 1.76 and the RSRDC_TMOv14_v370,the RSRDC_V370_Patch1, and the RSRDC_SHV14_CTDFIX, loaded them with JGME and only TMO_1.7.6 works if i load any of the RSRDC mods the game crashes when i try and enter the muesuem, any ideas?
Jurgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 02:39 PM   #29
aapje88
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

ive got a problem evry time i fire up SH4 with RFB it stops loading and gives a error

file not found: data/menu/gui/strategicered.dds

HELP PLZ????
Old 02-21-12, 10:04 AM   #30
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapje88 View Post
ive got a problem evry time i fire up SH4 with RFB it stops loading and gives a error

file not found: data/menu/gui/strategicered.dds

HELP PLZ????
So you found a thread almost two years old!?! Good huntin' aapje!!

The "strategicered.dds" file is some kind of an image file. When the game loads itself there's a "call" for this image file coming from a data or .cfg/.sim type file. The game can't find it.

I have to assume a couple of things.

That you're using an SH4 game that's patched only to 1.4. You don't have the 1.5 version that comes with the U-Boat Missions, or the Gold Edition. Both of these have the 1.5 patch included. AND, that you're not using the RFB 2.0 version. The RFB 2.0 mod is only good for the 1.5 version of SH4. It won't work with the SH4 1.4 version. When you play the stock game, the version of your game is found on the bottom right of the main menu screen.

For those that only have the SH4 1.4 game, the proper version of RFB 1.4 can be found HERE. It's hard to find it, but it's still around.

For those that have the 1.4 version of SH4, may I suggest you try the "Optical Targeting Correction" mod compatible for the stock SH4 1.4 game found HERE. As you read down through the thread you'll see what the OTC mod does and why it's important to use it when using manual targeting as an option.

As you find the link for the 1.4 version, you'll also see a compatible version of OTC for an RFB 1.4 mod. I was a long ago member of the RFB Team, and still have the idea that those that have SH4 patched only to 1.4 should not be left out of playing an improved game.

Best regards.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote