SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-13-08, 02:07 PM   #61
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

Please i PM you my e mail with many many thanks KGV fine ship would be great to have.
Old 11-19-08, 07:59 AM   #62
Rene
Sailor man

Downloads: 40

how do i add the japanese flag to the ship? i think it makes the ship more realistic.
or what about the sign on the bow of the yamato does anyone have an idea to put it on?
Or does anyone know a mod that has such a skin for the yamato?

Last edited by Rene; 11-19-08 at 03:36 PM.
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 06:56 PM   #63
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40

Tom - great work, downloaded this and am enjoying using it. I have also downloaded many of the other playable surface ship mods. I have extensive modding experience with Freelancer, and am trying to learn how to contribute to SH mods. I've been looking at how you got the damage models working (which I have to say works really well compared to the other BB's I've downloaded).

From what I can figure, you added some custom zones in zones.cfg ? And the index number of these zones is assigned to boxes in yamato.zon ? For example Box 50 is type 113 which is KeelBB ?
What I'm trying to work out is how these match up to entries in yamato.dat (or dop they ?). I'm guessing the only way to match things up is to extract the 3d model into a 3d tool ?

I'm either looking in the wrong places, or there is much less online information about how to get into the more detailed modding of SH than Freelancer. I'd love to be able to take some of the 3D work people do and finish it off in the way you have done so well. Any chance of any pointers as to how you've done it ??

Before you reply I'll point out my 3D skills are awfull (limited to creating cutom .SUR files for freelancer ships, roughly drawn around the 3D shape of the ship ... essentially just providing a collision object which matches the shape of ships). I've also had some success in touching up FL textures (speciality was creating illuminated textures). I really want to contribute but am struggling to learn.... any answers / help greatfully received
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 07:37 PM   #64
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

@ Rene,
i have made a pair of skins for the yamato, as you can probably see, but unfortunately i cannot find where to place the Crysanthemum on the lightmap
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-08, 10:24 AM   #65
tomhugill
Planesman

Downloads: 23

The crysanthnum cant be put on as the piece that is uses is use in several place apparently. The dat file doesnt really have anything to do with damage modeling , what you need is in the .upc or .upcger file , each damage box corisponds to a system added there. For example a bulk head id 198 in the upc file corisponds so the damage box with the same id in the zone file. The real trick with damage models is balancing the sinking aspect to be realistic and also balance how each system takes damage.
For the yamato I spent days sitting on a custom mission taking damage from 3 bbs observing till i sunk , then adjusting values till they felt right. At the moment I have a KGV with a working damage model which hasnt been balanced yet
tomhugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-08, 01:38 AM   #66
mickey117
Gunner

Downloads: 85
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhugill
Hey folks , here for your surface ship playing pleasure is a fully functioning fully damage modeled (almost ) playable version of the IJN Yamato.

First off I take no credit for getting her initially playable , I have mearly alltered the systems and given her a working damage model , with out further ado!

Damage screen all working

As this is a beta there are afew small niggles:

. I cant get the radar working for some reason , I 99% sure all the systems are there for it to work but for some reason it wont.
. When your engines get destroyed your top speed will decrease but you can still move
. Finally ive been having issues with flotation , Ive found that if you get much flooding you send to list more than I think you should. Anyone with expertise in this area and is willing to help let me know.

Anyway Have fun with her and please PM me or reply here with any feed back , ideas etc. Cheers Tom

Download linkage:

http://files.filefront.com/Yamatozip.../fileinfo.html

Version 1.1!

Hey guys ive been doing alot of testing and with help for the guys here on the sub sim forums (esp. Mikyal) Ive managed to get a much more realistic flooding mechanic.

You sink much more slowly.
Flooding times have been increased and will affect you less than before (fixing the if you flood you sink issue)
Ive changed the zone file to flooding is only effected by the 3 compartments that you can see , engine room , lower decks and radio room. Hopefully this should give you a better idea of how badly your flooding.
The radar issue has now been fixed!

I have changed the way you take damage trying to make the ships eventual demise based on sinking rather than loss of hull hp , to this end i have made the hull hp very large and made the crush depth low, so once you sink you will die quickly

Planned changes:

Im hoping to add more compartments to the ship so an even better flooding representation can be achived , as well as more realistic systems and things such as damageable fuel tanks , and possibly magazines

Version 1.1 linky: http://files.filefront.com/Yamato11z.../fileinfo.html

Version 1.15!

Hey folks , new version out with a couple of tweaks:

Firstly ive made it so it should be RFB friendly (ish) Ive been playing and not had problems ... yet :p. I recomend you play with RFB actually as the improved visual and sounds effects really add to things.

Secondly ive rebalanced the compartment flooding , I was having a problem where if the radio room flooded at the rear you when down like a tonne of bricks. Hopefully this has fixed that so you will list abit but not go down to the degree of before. Now flooding in any one compartment wont sink you but any more and you could be in for prblems unless its fixed fast!

v1.15 linky: http://files.filefront.com/Yamato115.../fileinfo.html

Ps Ive been having alot of fun with this http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=137015 mission , I really really recomend you dl it!

NEW VERSION! :

1.2 , Updated with miners fantastic skin! Also included are some improved BB damaged models for ai (I think all the allied ones) Using higher Hp and lower armor for more spectacular and longer lasting bb fights

Linkage: http://files.filefront.com/Yamato12z.../fileinfo.html
(What game is this for???):hmm:
mickey117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-08, 03:04 AM   #67
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey117
Where the *ell are you then browsing these mods, this is for 1.5 since it is based on the German campaign... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-08, 11:04 PM   #68
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Join date Dec 2008, posts: 1 and already a "" Gee, come on in, I'm sure these guys will be happy to help you, any questions? Just ask! Now let me see:The forum you entered is "SH4 Fleet Boat Mods Workshop", I would guess probably this is for "Microsoft Flight Simulator"....wait...where you going?.....come back.......oh darn he's gone. Bummer:hmm:.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-08, 04:25 PM   #69
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

*whistles*
a little harsh dudes...
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Old 12-15-08, 12:23 AM   #70
mickey117
Gunner

well wat ever then your skins looks pretty sweat sledgehammer good stuff!

Last edited by mickey117; 12-21-08 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-15-08, 07:44 AM   #71
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

It isn't my mod, I'm not THAT great, the credit goes to Tomhugill, a fellow modder who is on the Surface Warfare Super-Mod Team along with myself. All I have done is make a couple skins for the Yamato because I got bored.
Old 12-21-08, 06:44 AM   #72
mickey117
Gunner

kk

well my congrats goes tom then good stuff:rotfl:

PART OF SUPER SURFACE WARFARE MOD
> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144946

{FIGHT TO THE LAST SHELL}
Old 12-21-08, 07:40 AM   #73
mickey117
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:
Join date Dec 2008, posts: 1 and already a "" Gee, come on in, I'm sure these guys will be happy to help you, any questions? Just ask! Now let me see:The forum you entered is "SH4 Fleet Boat Mods Workshop", I would guess probably this is for "Microsoft Flight Simulator"....wait...where you going?.....come back.......oh darn he's gone. Bummer:hmm:.

Peabody
oh yer i with i only put that there cause i asked on a few different forums not subsim and the other guys just baged me and called a dumb sh*t and i only wanted to know

PART OF SUPER SURFACE WARFARE MOD
> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144946

{FIGHT TO THE LAST SHELL}
Old 02-06-09, 01:55 PM   #74
Alex_SoboL
Seaman

Downloads: 7

Somebody FIX a UZO Please!!!!
Alex_SoboL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 03:36 AM   #75
Alex_SoboL
Seaman

Downloads: 7

OK. How I can add UZO on this ship myself?
Alex_SoboL is offline   Reply With Quote