SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-20, 03:19 PM   #1
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4
Default Single missions & unit types

[Moderator please move this in the SH4 mod section, thanks very much !)

Hi,
what can cause a mod soup to cause CTD when hitting 'Single Missions' in the main menu?
Also is there are single cfg or tsr file in the game which lists all Type and Class ID's for sea units (and other units) ?

I'm currently trying to adapt a playable ship package to work with different mods, only clash possibilities I can see are badly referenced unit types which are different than those defined in the single mission *.mis files, for example if a single mission contains

(...)
[Group 1.Unit 1]
Name=_JP Fast Merchant#1
Class=NACA3
Type=102

I understand that the unit '_JP Fast Merchant#1' must be present in the Sea folder and exactly referenced as Type=102, if the number is different then it could crash the game. But what can cause a crash when hitting a menu section like 'Single Missions', I don't see the relation here ?

Problem is also I don't want to browse all unit cfg files to see if there are some 'doubles' that cause a crash (how could I do this anyway...) Is there a single file somewhere listing these ID's ?

Thanks,
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote