SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-09-09, 03:50 PM   #46
suchka
Nub

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Can anyone please help me with how to add Iowa to US campaign please? I dont know the ID for the ship when i type into CareerStart.upc (in iowa mod folder) something like F1Iowa ... it just doesent work... crashes ingame when i click campaign.

Please help!
Thanks
suchka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 04:04 PM   #47
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchka
Can anyone please help me with how to add Iowa to US campaign please? I dont know the ID for the ship when i type into CareerStart.upc (in iowa mod folder) something like F1Iowa ... it just doesent work... crashes ingame when i click campaign.

Please help!
Thanks
I built five ships intending for them to be used in the single mission not Campaign Mode. I did not realize it would become so popular and I am busy with the Japanese Campaign MOD and did not have time to go back and fix them.

Now the surface warfare mod team is going to make so many ships playable, I didn't bother to fix it.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 06:02 PM   #48
suchka
Nub

ohh... Btw is it hard to change the ship/sub spawn on the surface? Cuz there is alot of missions (even MP :P) where u start submerged. How to fix that then? (if u know)

Thanks anyway
Old 01-09-09, 06:44 PM   #49
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

i would check in the Single Missions in the Data folder, start flicking through the files in there thru notepad, and see if you can find something like Startdepth in those lines of coding
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 06:47 PM   #50
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchka
ohh... Btw is it hard to change the ship/sub spawn on the surface? Cuz there is alot of missions (even MP :P) where u start submerged. How to fix that then? (if u know)

Thanks anyway
That is very simple.

I don't know if you have used the Mission Editor, you will find it in the main SH4 folder. Open it and go to the Single mission folder and open a mission. Then find the playable sub (it will be a circle, the other ships are squares)

On the toolbar click the hand to move around the map, you can zoom in/out with the mouse wheel. When you find the sub, click again on the hand so it is NOT selected and do a RIGHT mouse click on the sub and select Properties. A window will pop up and look for "Height (m) and a box beside it. If it is submerged it will have a minus sign and a depth, like -16. Just make it 0 and hit enter. Now save it and you will be on the surface.
While you are in there you may want to repostion the ship if you are too close to the enemy. Remember you were submerged, now you are on the surface being shot at, you may not want to be that close.
Make sure when you save the dropdown box has the right mission in it. It will be either .mis for US or .misge for Uboat. Make sure it is the same as the mission you loaded.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention, if you use any of the ships from my filefront files (link in signature below) they are built using US Fleet Boat and work in US/Japan missions as Japanese ships (.mis file). Most of the other Japanese ships you find will be built on German Uboats and will only work in Uboat missions (or .misge)

If you want to use Sledgehammers idea and use notepad, then go to the Single Mission folder, find the mission you want, open the folder, then using notepad open the .mis or .misge file. Go to Edit/Find. In the find box put "Type=200" without the quotes. That will find only submarines (the playable ships are submarines) That will be the playable unit UNLESS it is Multiplayer, then there will be more than one type 200 OR they have put some non-playable submarines in the mission, then it may not be the playable one. You will see something like this:

[Unit 3]
Name=USS S-42
Class=SSPorpoise
Type=200
Origin=American
Side=0
Commander=1
CargoExt=-1
CargoInt=-1
CfgDate=19380101
DeleteOnLastWaypoint=false
DockedShip=false
GameEntryDate=19380101
GameEntryTime=0
GameExitDate=19451115
GameExitTime=0
EvolveFromEntryDate=false
Long=18715396.000000
Lat=-1467340.000000
Height=-16.000000
Heading=29.797600
Speed=5.000000
CrewRating=3
DelayMin=0
ReportPosMin=-1
ReportPosProbability=100
RandStartRadius=0.000000
NextWP=0

Now the type=200 means a submarine or a playable surface ship (which is made from a submarine)

I think Commander=1 means "human controlled" (I could be wrong on that one)

Now look for "Height=" and set it to 0.

Save and play.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 01-09-09 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-10-09, 08:02 AM   #51
suchka
Nub

Thanks! It works Made some great missions for me and my friend to play via MP -BB vs BB
Old 01-10-09, 08:49 AM   #52
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Interesting nick-name ...

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 03-28-09 at 09:12 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 10:25 AM   #53
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 15

Indeed. Sometimes ppl are too hard on themselves.
Old 01-11-09, 02:16 PM   #54
clayp
The Old Man

Downloads: 340
Peabody!!!!!!!!! Hey bud just got my system running AGAIN!! and see this..I'm going to try and run it in my SH4 this week...

clayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-09, 05:41 AM   #55
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Downloads: 19

My friend just asked me for a SH4 Iowa MOD,and I get it here.Thank you for your work
Old 02-07-09, 05:19 AM   #56
Alex_SoboL
Seaman

Downloads: 7
Default :wah:

UZO in Iova don’t work (like in playable Yamato ship - same bag ). Please correct this bag. (I am sorry for my bad English)
Alex_SoboL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 08:03 PM   #57
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_SoboL
UZO in Iova don’t work (like in playable Yamato ship - same bag ). Please correct this bag. (I am sorry for my bad English)
That is not a bug, I left it out on purpose. If you fire that torpedo while underway you will blow yourself up.

Peabody

Old 02-08-09, 01:06 AM   #58
Alex_SoboL
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:
That is not a bug, I left it out on purpose. If you fire that torpedo while underway you will blow yourself up.

Peabody
OK! So how I can quickly define distance to the target for manual gun firing without UZO and Periscope?
Old 02-08-09, 05:01 AM   #59
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Peabody
OK! So how I can quickly define distance to the target for manual gun firing without UZO and Periscope?
I didn't say you could, I just explained why there is no UZO.

Here is a link to the Iowa with the UZO.

http://files.filefront.com/USA+Iowa+.../fileinfo.html

Peabody

Old 02-09-09, 11:08 AM   #60
Alex_SoboL
Seaman

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Peabody
I didn't say you could, I just explained why there is no UZO.

Here is a link to the Iowa with the UZO.

http://files.filefront.com/USA+Iowa+.../fileinfo.html

Peabody
OOO I LOVE YOU !!!