SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
Mods and files for every subsim!

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Fleet Boat Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #1021
Radio
Planesman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 197
Downloads: 339
Uploads: 0
Default

Only the pipes in the 3d view. That is if I hadn't uploaded some wrong files

In the download only the U-IX interior was fixed, i had copied the wrong file for the XXI into the zip, sorry.

AND it seems that those fix ONLY the visual side of the leaking pipes, the hissing sound continued

<Sigh>

Anyway, it is rather easy to fix the leaking pipes all you have to do is to set some states to STOP instead of INFINITY in the *_CR* files, there are 4 nodes max per interior (with subnodes of course) that need hat simple change. About the sound... well no clue here yet, I checked the other files but could not find the problem. Maybe vickers or Webster can help?

Something completely different: You seem to be rather competent about the IJN and other naval Japanese WWII activities, so I have a question, maybe you have more info on that rather interesting (to me) topic.

I read in a book about german U-Boats in the pacific that the german sailors witnessed a deep and really (to them) confusing kind of hostility between the japanese navy and their groundforces (army) when anchored in a japanese harbour. In the book the german sailor described a japanese ship being bombed by US planes in the harbour, which burned and sank. The ship belonged to the groundforces. The IJN sailors refused to help the victims and even ordered the germans that wanted to help to stay back.

The author wrote "That was borderline-sabotage behaviour by the IJN" and that they were really surprised by that. As I read that I wondered about the background of that all, had it to do with archaic traditions or had something happened to explain that behaviour etc etc.

Do you have any explanation for that? I just have to know, hehe.
__________________

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #1022
Zheka
Bilge Rat
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default

Sorry for my stupid question.
Where it is possible to download Japanese Campaign mod?
Zheka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #1023
Radio
Planesman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 197
Downloads: 339
Uploads: 0
One more bug report:

-The AM has (in the harbour loadout screen) 2 guns. However once I upgraded both to dual 14.5s only the aft gun appeared. I did not check what happens with the regular guns equipped, though.

-I do not know fer sure but I think there's something fishy about the sensors aboard the AM, in my last campaign a plane suddenly appeared VERY short to my sub and sank it. Neither Radar or Watch crew saw it before it dropped a bomb directly on the subs aft, destroying both the fuel tank and the batteries, leaving me in the middle of nowhere with no way to go. The AA did not fire at the plane either, very VERY odd.

The metalic look of the AM's model is very good, btw.

I gonna try the AM again later, atm I am taking a break from the IJN and joined the USN (playing the SUBRON campaign).


Ah, one more thing: I would recommend to leave the sensors and other stuff of the surface ships unaltered (by your mod) completely, simply because that would allow the user to apply other mods like the SAP, sonar fixes, NSM etc etc.

That way you also would have less work to do and could concentrate on the campaign and subs solely. Right now the surface ship changes of the mod block all attempts of fixing known (and already corrected) problems that other mods already fixed.


About the difficulty in the mod: It is too low. The enemy does not see my snorkel on the surface, does not react to my radar, the planes are usually no threat at all, the enemy does not see me at periscope depth even if the water clearly allows it etc etc.

I could easily come to almost 300,000 tons in my campaign w/o any problem. That is until the bug/plane thing above ^ happened.

Maybe you could use parts of the OM mod's campaign (if they give you permission of course) to improve things here?

The mod as is, is fun x2 even though it isn't complete yet, but it seriously needs an update and what is more important: It needs a clearer direction (like focusing on subs and leaving the ships alone or doing both, but not half-heartedly like now).


I hope this does not sound negative, it is meant as constructive criticism on a very good mod.
__________________

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #1024
peabody
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York State, USA
Posts: 2,390
Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
One more bug report:

-The AM has (in the harbour loadout screen) 2 guns. However once I upgraded both to dual 14.5s only the aft gun appeared. I did not check what happens with the regular guns equipped, though.

-I do not know fer sure but I think there's something fishy about the sensors aboard the AM, in my last campaign a plane suddenly appeared VERY short to my sub and sank it. Neither Radar or Watch crew saw it before it dropped a bomb directly on the subs aft, destroying both the fuel tank and the batteries, leaving me in the middle of nowhere with no way to go. The AA did not fire at the plane either, very VERY odd.

The metalic look of the AM's model is very good, btw.

I gonna try the AM again later, atm I am taking a break from the IJN and joined the USN (playing the SUBRON campaign).


Ah, one more thing: I would recommend to leave the sensors and other stuff of the surface ships unaltered (by your mod) completely, simply because that would allow the user to apply other mods like the SAP, sonar fixes, NSM etc etc.

That way you also would have less work to do and could concentrate on the campaign and subs solely. Right now the surface ship changes of the mod block all attempts of fixing known (and already corrected) problems that other mods already fixed.


About the difficulty in the mod: It is too low. The enemy does not see my snorkel on the surface, does not react to my radar, the planes are usually no threat at all, the enemy does not see me at periscope depth even if the water clearly allows it etc etc.

I could easily come to almost 300,000 tons in my campaign w/o any problem. That is until the bug/plane thing above ^ happened.

Maybe you could use parts of the OM mod's campaign (if they give you permission of course) to improve things here?

The mod as is, is fun x2 even though it isn't complete yet, but it seriously needs an update and what is more important: It needs a clearer direction (like focusing on subs and leaving the ships alone or doing both, but not half-heartedly like now).


I hope this does not sound negative, it is meant as constructive criticism on a very good mod.
Thank you again for your input Radio. I want to point out one thing to start with, since you posted in the Japanese Campaign thread (which is fine) but just so you know, what you are using is only the IJN Sub MOD with the German Campaign. There is NO Japanese Campaign. That is my fault. I have had a long time of personal family problems (mostly medical) and attempting to take care of a parent with Alzheimers, and I have not had the time necessary to spend on that part of the MOD. It is in the works, but it has been for a long time. I have spent a lot of time helping Keltos with the subs (mostily with making guns playable after he did the 3D work.) And a lot of time just learning how to mod this game. We both came into this game with no modding experience and have had to learn every step of the way.
I am not making excuses only an explanation of what is happening. Due to lack of time for both me and Keltos, some things were "rushed", I agree there. And duing testing there were subs that became 'favorites' and the others just were not properly tested.

So that is why I take no offense to constructive criticism, I welcome it!!!

So to try to help with some of your issues:

1. Type AM guns. I just looked and yes there are two deckguns in the Am.upcge file. There should not be. (Keltos will correct me if I am wrong.) The AM as with many other IJN subs has a launch rail for search planes, and can NOT have a forward Deckgun. It is in the .upcge but NOT in the .dat file. That is why you see it in port but not at sea. It shouldn't be there. We will get it deleted. The AM (and Sen Toku) will have one aft deckgun, one foreward AA gun, one aft AA gun and one aft 'heavy' deckgun.

2. The sensor problem you encounter is not something I worked on so Keltos will have to help out there.

3. The difficulty is whatever the Uboat add on put in. I think that is the part of the game Keltos is using to test his subs since the IJN Campaign is not ready.

4. NSM or a version of it is in the game. Again Keltos will have to answer any questions about that. He was working with someone else on that. He told me but I forgot where it came from. Maybe if you read the Jyunsen B, Kaichu and kaidai IJN mod you may get more info.

5. They always detect my snorkel, so maybe it is the settings of the DDs in the stock campaign. A lot of the IJN DDs are set to 'expert' in the actual campaign, not all but enough to be more of a problem.

(I don't know why this suddenly changed to 'bold'. Bold is not selected. ??)

6. The subs were created mostly by Keltos with some help when he needed it by me. A couple subs were made by others. As for the ships changes, they were made in another mod, offered to Keltos and accepted. He has spent the majority of his time on building subs. And trust me none of it was done 'half-heartedly" as you suggest. Do not take that the wrong way, I can understand why you would think that. Plain and simple, if you are expecting a TMO or RFB, etc, you will not be getting that. We are beginners and simply do not know how a lot of the files work. We are definately doing the best we can.
We do need a LOT more testing. And simply trying all the subs to find the little mistakes that are getting overlooked as we try to work on other things.

There was a list of things that we needed to fix, but then I could not work on it for a long time, and then Keltos had the same problem and could not work on it for a long time.

We did spend a lot of time trying things that just did not work. And since there are only two of us, that does not leave a lot of time.

I hope that helps to explaing our situation, and we do appreciate your input. We have a lot of stuff to fix and anytime you can point out obvious mistakes it makes it a lot easier for us.

Thanks again, Radio.

Peabody

Edit: As I mentioned a verison of sinking mechanics is in there, but you commented on "sonar fixes' and SAP. I do not know what SAP is, so if you could be more specific maybe it is something that could be corrected. Unfortunately the way the game is made there are files we MUST change to get things to work and if the other mods change those same files then it is a problem.
We have have comments about other MODs in PMs and some are useless because they change the wrong side. Most Mods affect the IJN ships/planes, which does not help us at all.
__________________

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #1025
Vendor
SUBSIM Newsman
 
Vendor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bay area.
Posts: 22,215
Downloads: 505
Uploads: 0
@ Zheka! Welcome to SubSim,
__________________
Nothing in life is to be feard,it is only to be understood.

Marie Curie





Vendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #1026
peabody
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York State, USA
Posts: 2,390
Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheka View Post
Sorry for my stupid question.
Where it is possible to download Japanese Campaign mod?
Welcome Zheka. Unfortunately the Japanese Campaign is not done. It has been a long time and we had hoped to get it done long before this but Real Life has prevented that. You can play with the IJN subs by downloading Keltos' Jyunsen B sub MOD. version 3.9.9.9.9.3 which uses the German add on with Japanese subs.

Peabody
__________________

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #1027
Zheka
Bilge Rat
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
Welcome Zheka. Unfortunately the Japanese Campaign is not done. It has been a long time and we had hoped to get it done long before this but Real Life has prevented that. You can play with the IJN subs by downloading Keltos' Jyunsen B sub MOD. version 3.9.9.9.9.3 which uses the German add on with Japanese subs.

Peabody
Thank You for answer.
Yes, I know about Keltos' Jyunsen B sub MOD. But this MOD without campaign. I mean that Keltos' Jyunsen B sub MOD uses campaign wich was created for U-boat Mission.
Zheka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #1028
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Notify command we have entered the Grass Sea
Posts: 2,976
Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheka View Post
Sorry for my stupid question.
Where it is possible to download Japanese Campaign mod?
It's the mod that nobody, including myself, can find.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:12 AM   #1029
Radio
Planesman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 197
Downloads: 339
Uploads: 0
SAP means Ship Acceleration Physics, a mod that removes the ability of ships to accelerate from zero to topspeed in split-seconds. It does so by drastically decreasing the engine power in the ships file IIRC.
__________________

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #1030
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado and California
Posts: 717
Downloads: 356
Uploads: 0
Default

I'm Going Down, please be respectful about the Japanese Campaign, the team mostly Peabody and Keltos have done a HUGE effort on it and it is in the works, such projects take time and effort and cannot be rushed to be done right. We all support this wonderful project and totally understand the demands of life that delay and make such projects a labour of both love and time. It will come when it is possible.

The Subs that are released as a stand alone pack were developed for the Campaign and will be a feature of it once some bugs are worked out that appeared during development of the boats....which were conversions of various other subs ....but the problems that appeared dont prevent you from enjoying seeing those fine IJN boats in action.

As for the question about the rivalry between the IJN naval forces and the Imperial Army it had its roots in the history of the great families of Feudal Japan, some westerners call them clans, but such families were the main organizing structures in the life of the nation in the hundreds of years of wars that were a feature of pre Shogunate Japan. When Japan modernized, two families led the development of the land army and the Navy, two DIFFERENT families, one for each service branch. There was great rivalry between them, and it continued in various forms up to the modern era. It has a profound effect on the allocation of resources, the success or failure of various key projects including a plan by the Navy to bomb both the Panama Canal and the major West Coast Cities of the mainland USA, both projects failed because the IJN did not have the resources including fuel at a time when such attacks might have made a huge differnce. The Army which DID have those resources refused to work with the IJN.... so that was the source of that rivalry.

Best regards to you Peabody and I hope things are ok in your world, and hi to Keltos as well.
__________________
Erlaubnis an Bord zu kommen.
Admiral Von Gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:15 PM   #1031
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Notify command we have entered the Grass Sea
Posts: 2,976
Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default

Ha. Ha. I assumed it was done. I had no idea that it was not complete. Had I known it wasn't complete, I would not have commented. I think I posted some time ago, asking where the link to the mod was located, and no one responded. Anyway, good luck. (I thought I saw a link in the Popular Mods folder about either Japanese subs or a Japanese Campaign. And I remember being in a Japanese Captain's office. Maybe that was a prototype being tested. I must be imagining it.)
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:20 AM   #1032
peabody
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York State, USA
Posts: 2,390
Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
Ha. Ha. I assumed it was done. I had no idea that it was not complete. Had I known it wasn't complete, I would not have commented. I think I posted some time ago, asking where the link to the mod was located, and no one responded. Anyway, good luck. (I thought I saw a link in the Popular Mods folder about either Japanese subs or a Japanese Campaign. And I remember being in a Japanese Captain's office. Maybe that was a prototype being tested. I must be imagining it.)
No, sorry it is not done. The pictures you saw of the Captain's room are actually on the first page of this post.

I had Real Life issues that has prevented me from finishing this, I hope I will be able to release something before everyone puts the game away forever.

Thank you Admiral for the kind words. Sometimes things just don't go the way we want them to.

Peabody
__________________

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #1033
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Notify command we have entered the Grass Sea
Posts: 2,976
Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default

You are right! In the Popular Mods thread there is a link to "Japanese Campaign." That's why I assumed there was a mod up and running. That link connects one to this thread. The first post contains a picture of a "Captains Office." My mistake.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #1034
Radio
Planesman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 197
Downloads: 339
Uploads: 0
Just read that the IJN subs did not have a bathythermograph, this absolutely has to be disabled in the orderbar.cfg!!!

I made me a small addon for the IJN mod itself that makes the AI planes see subs at shallow depth and also adds the MK-24 Fido (copied from TMO) to their loadout (at the right historical date). Once I have finished my recent fleet-boat game (made me my own mega-mod with parts and fixes of all other mods + own stuff) I gonna return to the IJN again, so expect more reports and posts soon!

One more thing I read: The IJN subs did only start to have snorkels in 44, could they be be disabled before this date? Not sure if that's possible, just asking and giving ideas...

Oh and did you fix the (stock game) hydrophone/sonar bug mentioned in the OTC mod manual, the entries in the AIsensors.dat are switched so that the sensors behave wrong. A small thing but it could help to make the AI stronger.
__________________

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #1035
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Notify command we have entered the Grass Sea
Posts: 2,976
Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Just read that the IJN subs did not have a bathythermograph, this absolutely has to be disabled in the orderbar.cfg!!!

I made me a small addon for the IJN mod itself that makes the AI planes see subs at shallow depth and also adds the MK-24 Fido (copied from TMO) to their loadout (at the right historical date). Once I have finished my recent fleet-boat game (made me my own mega-mod with parts and fixes of all other mods + own stuff) I gonna return to the IJN again, so expect more reports and posts soon!

One more thing I read: The IJN subs did only start to have snorkels in 44, could they be be disabled before this date? Not sure if that's possible, just asking and giving ideas...

Oh and did you fix the (stock game) hydrophone/sonar bug mentioned in the OTC mod manual, the entries in the AIsensors.dat are switched so that the sensors behave wrong. A small thing but it could help to make the AI stronger.
"Just read that the IJN subs did not have a bathythermograph..." Oh, they don't, eh? We cannot sail without one by god. They are absolutely indispensible. Uh... what is it? What does a bathy...whatchamacallit...do? BTW, have you heard that great surf rock song by Scouting for Girls called "On the Radio?" It is a classic summer time song, and was the theme song for a video of the Rell Sunn kids' surfing competition in Makaha, a prime surfing beach in Hawaii known for its famous back wash. Here it is, just for you, Captain Radio, . IGD strikes again. "The moon in the sky and we partied all night long!"

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 11-05-2011 at 11:57 AM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997- 2017 Subsim