SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-24-12, 10:02 PM   #3181
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

So that's how they ended the Libyan civil war!
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-12, 08:44 AM   #3182
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Well, you just send in the British Boss with the Moustache
Moar Dudley

Take that FeiLong (Bruce Lee Tribute)

Like a Boss

HunterICX
Old 12-25-12, 10:28 AM   #3183
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Nooo! Not you too, Hunter. I see enough of that game from my wife. Sigh......
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-12, 10:31 AM   #3184
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Nooo! Not you too, Hunter. I see enough of that game from my wife. Sigh......

but care to explain why steam sais you have the game too!

HunterICX
Old 12-25-12, 10:33 AM   #3185
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post

but care to explain why steam sais you have the game too!

HunterICX
I bought the game on Steam when I was trying to convince my wife to play it via PC so that we wouldn't have to buy a console. I even went out and bought a controller for it. She didn't like it; she wanted to sit back on the couch and play it on the big screen TV so I was ultimately forced to sully my home with a gaming console.
Old 12-25-12, 10:50 AM   #3186
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Ouch, sometimes it aint bad to still be single

Actually I've played fighting games over the years but most of them where at friends places like Streetfighter and Mortal Kombat on the SNES or my younger brother's Playstation with its library of fighting games.
on the PC you had little apart from horrible&clunky ports of Mortal Kombat or you had to make your own game with the Open source fighting game platform M.u.g.e.n.

Recently bought myself a gamepad and saw this Game for a steal on Steam this sale so next to my library of Strategy games, sims and some rpg's it's nice to actually lean back again with my gamepad and beat the living out of the opponent (helps as a nice relief after a bad day in the GT too!!! )
or be beaten by your younger sister....

HunterICX
Old 12-25-12, 11:01 AM   #3187
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

No worries, Hunter. You won't get any ribbing or stigma from me. To be honest, I do play it sometimes with Street Fighter my wife, and she destroys me. I've never been any good at fighting games, even back to the vanilla Street Fighter II in the arcade when I was 12.

She also plays Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, which I refuse to even watch. That game looks like it was designed by a 10-year-old with severe ADHD, with the ridiculous number of cutscenes, massive flashes on the screen and words popping up everywhere. I usually leave the room when she plays it; it just gives me a headache. So, I go and play my 'boring' Kerbal Space Program and Skyrim.
Old 12-25-12, 11:22 AM   #3188
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Heh, I remember playing Tekken 3 against my Mum, the button bashing did her joints in after a while, but it was good fun. We even had nicknames for all the characters, Yoshimitsu became Mitsubishi, Heihachi became Hitachi.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-12, 04:51 PM   #3189
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
No worries, Hunter. You won't get any ribbing or stigma from me. To be honest, I do play it sometimes with Street Fighter my wife, and she destroys me. I've never been any good at fighting games, even back to the vanilla Street Fighter II in the arcade when I was 12.

She also plays Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, which I refuse to even watch. That game looks like it was designed by a 10-year-old with severe ADHD, with the ridiculous number of cutscenes, massive flashes on the screen and words popping up everywhere. I usually leave the room when she plays it; it just gives me a headache. So, I go and play my 'boring' Kerbal Space Program and Skyrim.
I honestly prefer MK9 myself.. Takes me back to the good old days when MK was considered super violent. Heck the old ones still are, but 9 just takes it to a whole new level. Some of those fatalities make me cringe
Old 12-25-12, 08:06 PM   #3190
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

Not that I own this game(yet), but I just have to share these two new GTA V screens.

I really hope that submarine is an actual vehicle and not a prop.

They've said that you can put on scuba gear and explore the sea, so maybe you can get in the submarine. Drive by shootings via submersible?
Old 12-26-12, 04:20 AM   #3191
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
She also plays Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, which I refuse to even watch. That game looks like it was designed by a 10-year-old with severe ADHD, with the ridiculous number of cutscenes, massive flashes on the screen and words popping up everywhere.
Aye can't stand them either.
too many things that distract from the fight and having it all done flashy which could cause you to have a seizure doesn't make it any good at all.
Key to it all is gameplay imo which is focused on the fighting not having it to be a interactive movie.

HunterICX
Old 12-26-12, 12:08 PM   #3192
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Egan's British troops blasting the bejesus out of some French farm.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 01:41 PM   #3193
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

Sweeeet. That shot makes it look like my guys are doing something useful. Make a nice change from mortaring my own troops.....
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 02:47 PM   #3194
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

The MG gunner's last stand...

This SS machinegunner was left in a trench alone after an artillery bombardment killed the rest of his team. He managed to shoot several British soldiers before he got his head blown off by a tank shell

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 12:32 AM   #3195
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Some stuff from Race 07(GTR Evolution,Race On) I really like this game best racing game hands down really a true sim.I use an XBOX 360 controller so it took me lots of tweaking to get the buttons responsive enough.I use left and right trigger for up shift/downshift A is acceleration X is pedal brakes B is the hand brake left analog is steering and i had to really tweak this so that I hold my thumb as I turn and not have the wheel snap back instantly tricky to do but it makes for precise steering and is more realistic.Another very nice feature with this game you can adjust your seat height up and down forwards and backwards and this can make a difference in driving.

Aston Martin DB9 at Laguna SECA

I like this car a lot it handles much to my liking very good grip and steering very bouncy ride though.

Audi R8 on the Nurburgring 15 miles of pure bliss This car I don't like so much too much power really and the steering is just squirmy. I was able to put the DB9 through this same spot at the same speed and the DB9 has less power.The Sting says the DB9 is better.

Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote