Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-19, 07:52 AM   #6391
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

I think some of the media and politicians are handling this poorly.

When dealing with an emotional petulant child like Trump, when he makes a concession, don't rub it in. You encourage it by stoking his ego and letting him know what a good guy he was.

By throwing it in his face, like some of the reporting is, this will only serve to damage his already fragile ego and the next time he won't be motivated to make any concession. With Trump's ego, I have little doubt that he would now rather the entire country fall than back down again.

When dealing with the immature, the responsible adults need to think strategically. I don't see that happening.

I fear what might happen the next time we are extorted.
Old 01-26-19, 08:11 AM   #6392
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post

When dealing with an emotional petulant child like Trump, when he makes a concession, don't rub it in. You encourage it by stoking his ego and letting him know what a good guy he was.
Exactly.

If Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are what passes for leadership in the Democratic Congress it's time for a change. Is this bragging about a win a way of beating back a simmering revolt in the House Democrat caucus? Trump still holds a strong hand. Don't make him play it.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-26-19, 12:47 PM   #6393
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Exactly.

If Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are what passes for leadership in the Democratic Congress it's time for a change. Is this bragging about a win a way of beating back a simmering revolt in the House Democrat caucus? Trump still holds a strong hand. Don't make him play it.

Better tell the far right wing nuts like Coulter to shut up then, they all are saying Trump caved!! And what Trump got from this latest round concerning the wall, is the same thing they offered a month ago and he turned it down. So he takes it out on Govt Employees, what an complete POS he is too!!

Al Capone
Old 01-26-19, 01:28 PM   #6394
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Tick tock indeed.
That the investigation isn't over just means there's a lot of investigating to do.

Also, just because Mueller hasn't indicted Trump means nothing, it's a minefield. He probably just gives his report on Trump to the DOJ with his recommendation on whether to impeach or not.

As for the rest of your post, have you read the indictment document? It goes in quite a detail as to why Stone is being indicted.
Old 01-26-19, 10:06 PM   #6395
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post

By throwing it in his face, like some of the reporting is, this will only serve to damage his already fragile ego and the next time he won't be motivated to make any concession. With Trump's ego, I have little doubt that he would now rather the entire country fall than back down again.

When dealing with the immature, the responsible adults need to think strategically. I don't see that happening.

I fear what might happen the next time we are extorted.

Just remember that the political class, the so called responsible adults that you are beseeching are (still) so justifiably disliked by the American people that they knowingly elected this petulant child as a foil to their increasingly authoritarian power.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 01-27-19, 01:38 AM   #6396
chase749
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 44

Pelosi looks like a warlock lol idk how people see her fit to make choices for millions of people
Old 01-27-19, 02:11 AM   #6397
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

chase749!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 01-27-19, 03:37 AM   #6398
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase749 View Post
Pelosi looks like a warlock lol idk how people see her fit to make choices for millions of people

And he looks better,lol How can the country stand to have him making decisions for all of us!?!

Al Capone
Old 01-27-19, 03:41 AM   #6399
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Remember when he said he would have made a great General? Just a general screw up is all he is!

Nothing gets by this genius,lol

Al Capone
Old 01-27-19, 06:53 AM   #6400
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
"Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here...

like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks.

When I consider the idiotic, over the top, foolish and childish things said here its no wonder we have politician who say idiotic, over the top, foolish and childish things.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 01-27-19, 06:59 AM   #6401
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

I like Trump!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 01-27-19, 07:01 AM   #6402
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

If it wasn't for President Donald Trump we would all be making fun of two faced Hillary Clinton ... I much prefer Donald Trump over Hillary
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-27-19, 07:06 AM   #6403
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The question being, which one excels at providing the most ammunition.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-27-19, 10:54 AM   #6404
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
He probably just gives his report on Trump to the DOJ with his recommendation on whether to impeach or not.
Well that is where the law enforcement part conflicts with the political part. If Mueller has evidence to indict Trump then he would almost certainly do so. That is the end game of this whole process from Mueller's point of view. If he doesn't then and he recommends impeachment then Mueller becomes a political activist. Without an indictable offense impeachment would almost certainly fail. After all Republicans had Bill Clinton clearly guilty of lying under oath yet a Democratic controlled Senate acquitted him. Expect the same.

Quote:
As for the rest of your post, have you read the indictment document? It goes in quite a detail as to why Stone is being indicted.
Is Stone Mueller's slam dunk to get Trump? This is the most the most damaging part of the document.

Quote:
"[A] senior Trump campaign official was directed to contact Stone about any additional releases and what other damaging information Organization 1 [WikiLeaks] had regarding the Clinton Campaign."
A charge in an indictment document is not proof of anything. It is an allegation which has to be proved. The big question is whether or not that allegation is a crime. That's debatable and almost certainly will be the basis of Stone's defense. Is this not exactly the same thing that the Clinton Campaign did? Getting dirt on political opponents is a long way from collusion with a foreign power.

The Stone indictment does not allege involvement by Stone or the Trump campaign in Russia’s hacking. Is Stone guilty of some process crimes? Probably. Will that lead to inditing Trump? Some legal experts say probably not.

It is becoming more apparent that this whole process is politically motivated. Andrew C. McCarthy makes that point in this article in National Review.

Quote:
Not only was the suggestion of a Trump-Russia conspiracy not founded on fact. The officials calling the shots had reason to know that the premise was factually false. In truth, there was no evidence of Trump-campaign complicity in Russian espionage — nothing but the Clinton-campaign generated, unverified Steele dossier. The months-in-the-making Stone indictment is just the latest proof of that.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...ia-conspiracy/

Quote:
...in February 2017, Comey, then the FBI’s director, gave this astonishing public testimony at a House Intelligence Committee hearing:

Quote:
I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election and that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts. As with any counterintelligence investigation, this will also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed.

Understand:

1. It is standard government practice never to confirm or deny the existence of an investigation.

2. This is especially true of counterintelligence investigations, which target foreign powers, not individuals, and which are classified.

3. It violates Justice Department and FBI policy to identify a subject of any investigation if that subject has not been charged with a crime. This is especially true when the subject, whether a person or an entity (like the Trump campaign) is of interest to a counterintelligence investigation — again, such investigations are classified, and subjects whose suspected connections to foreign powers are being scrutinized should never be disclosed.

4. It is simply not true that, as a matter of course in a counterintelligence investigation, the Justice Department and FBI do an assessment of whether any prosecutable crimes have been committed. Instead, whenever agents happen to stumble upon evidence of a crime, they always consider whether to prosecute. This is not a routine aspect of counterintelligence investigations; it is an unremarkable fact applicable to all kinds of inquiries — even background investigations of applicants for government employment.

That is to say: It was wrong to acknowledge the existence of the classified Russia investigation, and it was egregiously wrong not only to name the Trump campaign as a subject but to do so in a manner that suggested criminal prosecution was foreseeable. Any thinking person would have taken Director Comey’s disclosure, in disregard of several law-enforcement and intelligence protocols, to signal that the new president could be conspiring with Russia in an espionage scheme, for which he — or at least officials in his campaign — might very well face criminal charges.

It has to have been obvious to investigators for months that this suggestion was misleading. Yet there has been no correction of the record. For month after month, the FBI, the Justice Department, and the special counsel have been content to allow the presidency to be enveloped in a cloud of suspicion that necessarily infects the administration’s capacity to govern, to conduct foreign relations, and to deal with Congress.

Why?

The Justice Department and the FBI went out of their way to portray Donald Trump as a suspect in what would have been the most abhorrent crime in the nation’s history. It has been more than two years. Is it too much to ask that the Justice Department withdraw its public suggestion that the president of the United States might be a clandestine agent of Russia?
The criminalization of political belief. Stalin would be so proud.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-27-19, 09:12 PM   #6405
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
He (August) winds like a worm...
It sticks with it - Trump is a traitor, racist, demagogue and cheater!
This fact has long been proven.
Strike 2.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter