Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-17, 07:57 PM   #3391
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would want the job of WH press secretary
Old 07-22-17, 10:17 PM   #3392
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Especially for this President.
Old 07-22-17, 10:36 PM   #3393
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103

damn, man, he was my favourite comedian.. RiP Sean Spicer, we hardly knew him..
Old 07-22-17, 10:42 PM   #3394
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Don't worry plenty of scandle, rumor, leaks, headlines filled with hyberbole and investigators just digging up dirt will continue until November 2018. IMO Americans are being played like a fiddle.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 07-23-17, 02:12 AM   #3395
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

An interesting op-ed analysis of Scaramucci in the New York Times:

The Mooch and the Mogul --

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/o...och-trump.html

Anybody else, besides me, see this guy's name and think:

Scaramucci, Scaramucci, will you do the fandango...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 07-23-17 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-23-17, 06:39 AM   #3396
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Quote:
Mr Trump says he has "complete power to pardon"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40693249

Nothing beats being the actual jury at your own trial

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 07-23-17, 07:57 AM   #3397
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

There has been no crime, no trial, no conviction therefore there is absolutely no need to pardon anyone. Why then is the media and the sheep even bleating on about pardons?

Rockstar is online  
Old 07-23-17, 08:02 AM   #3398
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Anybody else, besides me, see this guy's name and think:

Scaramucci, Scaramucci, will you do the fandango...

<O>

Probably not.

Rockstar is online  
Old 07-23-17, 08:39 AM   #3399
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
There has been no crime, no trial, no conviction therefore there is absolutely no need to pardon anyone. Why then is the media and the sheep even bleating on about pardons?
Oh, I don't know why...

Maybe it all has to do with the Bleater-In-Chief tweet-bleating all about how he has the "complete power to pardon"; could that be the reason?. The really interesting thing about the whole pardon issue is when the press started to report about Trump seeking to determine the extent of his pardon powers, even to the extent of being able to pardon himself, he really hasn't denied doing so; Trump just trotted out his old bleating about "fake news" in a tweet-bleat in which he tacitly admitted to the reported stories of his seeking legal info on pardon power, so basically he was saying 'It's fake news, but, yeah I have been looking into pardons". In the same tweet he alludes to leaks he described as 'crimes'. If he is trying to say the press has committed a crime by reporting information, he is way, way off base. The press gets whatever info it reports from those who may actually be criminally releasing info and those persons are most very likely inhabitants of the West Wing or other offices of Trump's administration. Consider this: Trump Jr. released the content of his email regarding his contacts with Russians only after The New York Times told him they had copies of the messages, were going to publish them, and wanted to give Trump Jr. the opportunity to comment on the record. The Times did not steal those messages, they were given to The Times. Now, given that those were emails to and from Jr., personally, the only other persons, other than Jr., who would have copies of the messages and replies are those who either sent or received those emails to or from Jr. and those who were cc'd or bcc'd. Also given is those persons are very much likely to be rather high up in the Trump administration hierarchy, the leaks have been coming from well within the administration. In trying to lay false blame on the press, Trump is trying to deflect from the fact his Oval Office and environs are leaking like sieves and he is apparently either absolutely powerless to stop the leaks or unwilling to admit he and his minions are the problem, not the press. If he really wants to stop the leaks that get his Pampers in such a bunch, he should start by seeking out those in his circle who are 'betraying' him and file charges against them. It really is the most obvious and logical solution, one wonders why it hasn't already happened; maybe its because his inability to govern his own administration is very close to his inability to govern this nation...

Quote:
There has been no crime, no trial, no conviction therefore there is absolutely no need to pardon anyone.
That's a good point. Since there "has been no crime, no trial, no conviction", why then is Trump so fired up about the pardon process; if the is nothing to be guilty about, why has he fixated on finding ways to avoid possible punishment(s)? He's kind of like a kid who knows he gonna get a whupping and is grasping around to find some way of hiding the birch switch. For a guy who isn't guilty of anything, he sure acts guilty...

<O>
Old 07-23-17, 08:45 AM   #3400
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Damn good questions Vienna what is anyone guilty of, who needs a Presidential pardon? Please do tell.

So he makes a tweet that says he, just like every other chief executive, has the power to pardon. Then watch the media frenzy ensue over absolutely nothing. Go ahead and spin it anyway you like. But whats to pardon when there has been no crime, no trial, no conviction?

Watching some get their panties in a wad over it and the spin being spewed. Now thats funny.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-23-17 at 09:33 AM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 07-23-17, 09:00 AM   #3401
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Oh, I don't know why...

<O>
Exactly

Rockstar is online  
Old 07-23-17, 09:03 AM   #3402
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

That is the cogent question.

What has Trump done that is illegal?

Immoral, stupid, illogical, short-sighted, mean, (add a yugely list of other words) are all a matter of interpretation, opinion, and viewpoint and none of them are impeachable offenses.

Just like with Bush Jr and Obama, Trump needs to actually do something illegal before any charges can be levied against him. Illegal means being able to cite a specific law that was broken.

And that has not, at this time, been demonstrated.
Old 07-23-17, 09:16 AM   #3403
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

I've said it before, "Someone on the inside of this investigation is feeding information straight to the WH" That is why Trump is worried ... he has inside information on what they are doing and what they are after.

Faith and fear are a lot alike, especially in the small amount of time that they take to replace each other ... then they are just alike.

Trump will make a deal to save his family and his company and his honor, but first the un-affordable health care plan will have to fail and his budget plan to give the rich 35% more tax monies back to them will have to fail (you can't tell me they will spend that money to hire more people that pay more taxes) all of his failures will start to drag the GOP down with him. A point in time will be reached that enough is enough with Trump and the GOP Senators and Congress will turn on him.

I still like him better than Hillary that's for sure, but this is my day of rest and now my blood pressure is rising and I will take my leave of absence.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 07-23-17, 09:23 AM   #3404
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
That is the cogent question.

What has Trump done that is illegal?

Immoral, stupid, illogical, short-sighted, mean, (add a yugely list of other words) are all a matter of interpretation, opinion, and viewpoint and none of them are impeachable offenses.

Just like with Bush Jr and Obama, Trump needs to actually do something illegal before any charges can be levied against him. Illegal means being able to cite a specific law that was broken.

And that has not, at this time, been demonstrated.
Thats right.

"Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) says that Democrats, not Russia, are to blame for Hillary Clinton’s loss to President Trump.

“When you lose to somebody who has 40 percent popularity, you don’t blame other things - [James] Comey, Russia - you blame yourself,” Schumer said in an interview Saturday with The Washington Post.

I see it like the Senator from NY does too. However rest assured the dirt digging.. err I mean investigation, headlines filled with hyberbole, doubt, presumption of guilt, what ifs and maybes will most likely keep chipping away until the mid-terms. People with no life love that stuff and it sells papers. Such reporting may very well do the same thing the Russians are accused of and sway an election. Its what they do.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-23-17 at 09:39 AM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 07-23-17, 09:27 AM   #3405
vienna
Navy Seal

Please note that I never said he has committed a crime or that he is guilty of anything; I merely stated his actions really do make him look guilty and "stupid, illogical, short-sighted" as he is, he seems to be incapable of grasping even that simplest of concepts. I have long maintained and noted in more than a few of my previous posts that I do not believe (yet) Trump personally colluded with Russian individuals or entities during the Presidential campaign. I have also stated he would have been far better off to have just kept his mouth shut and his thumbs still and stayed above the fray as his predecessors have done in the past...

Quote:

So he makes a tweet that says he, just like every other chief executive, has the power to pardon. Then watch the media frenzy ensue over absolutely nothing. Go ahead and spin anyway you like but whats to pardon when there has been no crime, no trial, no conviction?
Amazingly disingenuous. So, Trump made his tweet-bleat just out of the blue, with no other context or provocation? It had noting, at all, to do with the reports of him seeking legal counsel on the very subject of pardons? He just woke up that morning with a start, bleated out "Pardons!" and jumped on Twitter to share his sudden revelation with world... Yeah, right...

Not a very convincing explanation ...

However, watching some get their Pampers in a wad trying to explain the inexplicable... now that's funny.

<O>

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter