August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Probably took advantage of his seamans excess baggage weight allowance
Smart boy, are you sure he's yours?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 03-17-17, 10:27 AM   #2327
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Smart boy, are you sure he's yours?
Cheeky bugga

Come to think of it, I've only got his moms word on that

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-17-17, 03:54 PM   #2328
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ man i really missed you all

On topic:
About Merkel's visit to the USA, "Die Welt" (a german newspaper) titled
„Die Anführerin der freien Welt trifft auf Trump“
~= "The archon of the free world meets Donald Trump"
Of course they meant it ironically, but when i first heard that

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 03-17-17 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-17-17, 05:58 PM   #2329
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Was just watching the news; said the meeting with Merkle was at best contentious Trump pressing hard for NATO members to pay their fair share "and yes we are going to paying our fair share". Doubt they'll let it slide this time.

There was also talk about equiping South Korea and Japan with nuclear weapons in repsonse to North Korea temper tantrums and of course to impress China that they would get on board and finally put an end to the war . I like this guy.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-17-17 at 06:07 PM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 03-17-17, 06:06 PM   #2330
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ I would have been disappointed, had they shown any love for each other.

Quote:
There was also talk about equiping South Korea and Japan with nuclear weapons
Did not hear that, but of course possible.
I'm sure they could build those themselves, if not in a short time. But would this make it all safer, or does Trump want to find a way to stay out in case of a local exchange of blows?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-17-17, 06:11 PM   #2331
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I had to chuckle hearing about the meeting with Merkel hope we hold NATO members feet to the fire and they pay up. But that interview with Tillerson letting the world know we are willing to weaponize the Asian region with nukes, that got the heart pumping a little faster, seems patience with N. Korea has finallly run its course and we're putting our foot down. Hes on his way now to China to shares those ideas.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-17-17 at 06:22 PM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 03-17-17, 06:18 PM   #2332
August
Wayfaring Stranger

CNN really seems determined to destroy any remaining shreds of their own credibility.

https://www.boston.com/news/media/20...ams-on-fox-set

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — Sean Hannity says he never pointed a gun at Fox News colleague Juan Williams, despite a CNN report to the contrary. CNN reported Thursday that Hannity pointed a gun directly at Williams and turned on the laser sight off-air following a heated segment last year.
In a statement, Hannity said he was showing ‘‘my good friend Juan Williams my unloaded firearm in a professional and safe manner for educational purposes only.’’
Williams said on Twitter that he and Hannity are ‘‘great friends’’ and the ‘‘incident is being sensationalized.’’ He says ‘‘everything was under total control throughout and I never felt like I was put in harm’s way.’’

CNN claims to get the story from the usual anonymous sources but it's just another political hit piece.

Old 03-17-17, 06:55 PM   #2333
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
CNN claims to get the story from the usual anonymous sources but it's just another political hit piece.
Aka, you cannot verify the source as legit or not - but you just know it's bogus?

Old 03-17-17, 09:02 PM   #2334
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Nice to see Trump switch the wire tapping blame from Obama to the Brits now,lol

Al Capone
Old 03-17-17, 10:41 PM   #2335
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Aka, you cannot verify the source as legit or not - but you just know it's bogus?
Well considering that both parties involved strenuously deny the incident i'm strongly leaning in that direction. How about you?

Old 03-17-17, 10:43 PM   #2336
August
Wayfaring Stranger

oh and:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...nton-camp.html

Quote:
Former interim Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile admitted Friday that she forwarded Democratic primary town hall questions to members of Hillary Clinton's campaign – something she had previously denied.

Old 03-18-17, 07:45 AM   #2337
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I was rather shocked at the POTUS body language in front of the world press and his ignoring of Merkels offer to shake hands.

I wonder what so-called psychologists etc. would make of this body language as well as wondering if Merkel might face criticism in her own country for not leaving the meeting pronto.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-18-17, 09:02 AM   #2338
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

She should have turned her back on him and left Jim!

August, you have been on my ignore list for a while now, don't have to read anything by you anymore,lol

Al Capone
Old 03-18-17, 09:05 AM   #2339
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

@Jimbuna Yeah, I found that a bit strange, and he seems to just ignore whatever Merkel said to him.

Didn't the Japanese PM also have to "school" him a bit? As they shook hands, Trump kept staring at the PM who said to trump "Look at the cameras" or something to that effect?
Old 03-18-17, 09:37 AM   #2340
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I wonder what so-called psychologists etc. would make of this body language
This:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/newr...eply&p=2473468

Not just the refused gesture, but his complete appearance. Trump to me, before anything else, is a blender. He is by far not as self-convinced as he poses at. His rude behavior is over-compensation. He feels uncertain due to the deficits he probably has started to realise in his political understanding of things and proceedings. Thats why he explodes so easily when slamming his head against a wall and being perplexed afterwards that the wall did not fall down, but still stands. He thought this job to be much easier and solutions much more simple. With Merkel now he meets somebody who is more at home in the White House than he is himself. In other words: Merkel knows how the game is being played. Trump does not, and thought he could just easily play his own, more simple, game. Easier said than done.

Also, Germany is a heavy weight economic opponent the US cannot just push aside. If Germany moves, the EU would follow - and then any trade wars launched by Trump would dramatically backfire against the US as well. Somebody must have told him that . Thats why he does not feel well in Merkel's presence. In business and economics, she met him at least as an equal, if not slightly superior. German budget last year was scoring a plus, while the US again made new debts.

Posing men loving to get things done by slamming fists on the table often feel handicapped in such situations, not just Trump. Typically this is a very male thing, females' ways to react in such a situation when being in Trump's role, would look different.

As they say: men murder with firearms, females with poison.

BTW, you have seen Trumps pose and behavbior before, this taken-back, somewhat ciontracted body expression of his: that was when he first met Obama in the White House aftewr he got elected: the old routinier knowing all the ins and outs of WH proceedings, and the greenhorn knowing nothing and having no clue what was about to come down on him now.

If Trump realises he cannot blend his vis-a-vis opposition, and realises further he does not fully control the situation, he "contracts". The result is the body posture you saw. The refused gesture was an attenpt to regain cointrol over the situation by demonstrating: "Look, I must not do that if I do not want to do that. That shows how much in control I am of this." Well, leave a child its illusions, I say. It plays with itself that way.

All this is no new or special psychology, its all pretty old stuff. I wonder why Trump'S fans still celebrate him for that, at least do not notice it. His noise is by far not always self-assurance and self-certainty, but a very solid dose of kind of helplessness. A poser, a blender, a bluffer.

I am extremely certain that Merkel has read him like an openj book. I am sure she looked right through him. You cannot impress her with behavior like Trump's, she is immune to it, she has too much experience with blokeheads like him. Sometimes this soberness works against Merkel, especially in domestic politics over here. But in that situation with trump, it worked in her favour.

Quote:
as well as wondering if Merkel might face criticism in her own country for not leaving the meeting pronto.
No, it is seen as kind of a point socred by Merkel, because all the world saw what happened, and blame Trump. And the internatiuonal presds is repeating up and down the American'S reporters praise for their German colleagues who really caught Trump off guard. I am a bit pouzzled there, since in germany journalists have become extremely tame and loyal to the poltical line. Trump just is a very much accepted Feindbild over here, and so they forgot their inhibitions for a short while.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-18-17 at 10:07 AM.
Skybird is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter