SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-08-17, 01:27 AM   #706
sagelink
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default CTD

Hello everyone, I just had a quick question in regards to a CTD I've been experiencing and I'm not sure how to reverse.

I installed everything by the book, and was able to play for several days without an issue, with only these mods installed:

_LSH3-2015__FULLVERSION
_LSH3-2015__HistoricalMessages
_LSH3-2015__NoFatigue-NoSleepCrew
_LSH3-2015__GUI_WIDESCREEN
_LSH3-2015__SLS_SpecialEffects
_LSH3-2015____Patch_HSIE-V16B1

Earlier today I decided I wanted to try the Type VII/42 so I went into Commander and started a new file with the year and sub type I wanted. After playing for about an hour, I experienced a CTD doing nothing in particular except cruising towards a waypoint. After trying to reload the save with constant CTD upon load, I decided to just delete that save and go back to playing my main career. However now, whenever I load up that save, I also get CTD. I've tried disabling all of the mods I was using and reloading them one by one to see if a particular mod was causing an issue, but I got nothing. Aside from completely deleting and reinstalling everything, I'm not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated!

I should note, my main career was never handled by Commander at all, just the new one I wanted to play around with before deleting. My computer specs are as follows:

Windows 10 Home x64
MSI Z87-G45 GAMING
Intel Core i5 4670k @ 4.0GHz
EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked 8GB VRAM
2x8, 2x16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600 RAM (total 24GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
sagelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-17, 02:26 AM   #707
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

sagelink! a bit late; forgive our manners.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-17, 03:55 PM   #708
JazzJR
Lieutenant

Downloads: 98

Hi,

I don't know if it is a common problem and it is already fixed or if there is a reason for it, but if i try to equip G7e Torpedos and start a Patrol i get a CTD in the loading screen.
Old 01-14-17, 04:49 PM   #709
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJR View Post
Hi,

I don't know if it is a common problem and it is already fixed or if there is a reason for it, but if i try to equip G7e Torpedos and start a Patrol i get a CTD in the loading screen.
Do not make any changes to any of your new boats. 1st patrol with new vessel always without any changes to torpedo load or 'gruppenhorchgerät' et cetera. Once 1st patrol is finished, restart game. Now you are free to edit your boat.
ValoWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-17, 06:08 PM   #710
JazzJR
Lieutenant

Downloads: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValoWay View Post
Do not make any changes to any of your new boats. 1st patrol with new vessel always without any changes to torpedo load or 'gruppenhorchgerät' et cetera. Once 1st patrol is finished, restart game. Now you are free to edit your boat.
Ok did that, started at the Erprobungsstelle sunk the 2 ships - returned to Stralsund abd got transfered to Wilhelmshafen. From what i read i had to save the game restart it and load the game "before patrol". So did i and set up my Boat with the G7e Torpedos. First time i got the CTD in the loading screen. I tried to load it again, set up the G7e Torpedos and it worked...Guess it was a random CTD then?
Old 01-14-17, 06:21 PM   #711
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Jazz
Your problem seems a bit unusual as LSH3 is 99.99% stable.
I have done over 70 game saves and many upgrades in different boats without any problems.
Check out my tutorials and see if you followed my instructions.
It will be interesting on your next mission if you get the same problem again.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-17, 04:35 AM   #712
Croshy
Watch

Downloads: 45

Ahoi!!! Now i got the proper Thread

I have a question, isnt the Mod setable to a resolution of 1920x1080 ? Because i got problems with that (UI is not correct displayed, see picture on my homepage, link below), only the preset Resolution of the widescreen Mod works but thats not native for me and when i tried out the grey Wolves and used another Resolution Mod 1920x1080 was running without problems. So i wonder if i did something wrong and you could maybe help me.

I allready did/checked the following:
This link leads to pictures of my Problem on my Homepage
http://www.pieperswelt.de/interner-bereich/downloads/

1. Before i posted here i allready did the Nvidia settings
2. i installed the widescreen Mod of the LSH Mod
3. i set the resolution in the d3d9.cfg to 1920x1080 (Native
4. the result is a not correctly scaled ingame UI so the 3d engine is fine but the ui is too small for the screen

Cheers for any Help or Info!!!!!
Croshy

Last edited by Croshy; 01-21-17 at 04:49 AM.
Croshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-17, 11:44 AM   #713
THEBERBSTER

Hi Croshy
Your gpu settings are correct so there is an issue elsewhere.
Notice the settings in my d3d9 have not been changed from the default settings.

The other place to look is in the picture below.
Main Menu > Options > Video
Full screen must be showing ticked.

Your original Game Option Graphic Settings should be set to 1920 x 1080 60HZ when you first loaded the game before the game loads to the Command Room.

The best time to make these Graphic changes is after installing the game and before entering the Naval Academy to set up your V15 save game folder.
Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 01-23-17 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-21-17, 12:18 PM   #714
Croshy
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Your original Game Option Graphic Settings should be set to 1920 x 1080 60HZ when you first loaded the game before the game loads to the Command Room.

The best time to make these Graphic changes is after installing the game and before entering the Naval Academy to set up your V15 save game folder.
Peter
but where do i set the Resolution ?! is set the Resolution in main.cfg in SH3\MODS\_LSH3-2015___FULLVERSION\data\Cfg and in SH3\data\Cfg now and reactivated the mod files now. the UI is correct but i can not see any visual enhancement. when making the changes in the d3d9.cfg to 1920x1080 from default DisplayWidth=1360
DisplayHeight=768 i can see a change but the UI was not correct. But when using the 1360x768 the inage is not sharp as it is not the native Resolution and Full HD...

Last edited by Croshy; 01-21-17 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-22-17, 03:30 AM   #715
Croshy
Watch

I allow myself to post your reply from the old forum tread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...44#post2459344 to quote it and center the discussion in one thread:

Quote:
When _LSH3-2015_GUI_WIDESCREEN is added it knows it has to go from 4.3 to 16.9
In theory this setting should also be replicated in the LSH3-2015 Option Graphic Setting screen 1920 x 1080 although it may not show the correct HZ rate.
The correct setting can be applied from the settings showing in the drop down box.

"The correct setting can be applied from the settings showing in the drop down box."
but where is that drop down. i do not understand where you make theese settings, ingame? isthere a settings manager or something ? do you maybe have a screenshot ? i am too blind it seems
Old 01-22-17, 05:12 AM   #716
THEBERBSTER

Hi Croshy
My sincere apologies I mixed up SH3 and SH4.
The only video option is the Full screen tick box as I described before.

Hopefully you made a copy of your last SH3 install.
Make another copy of it, install JSGME and try running an un-modded SH3 game with just the Ahnenerbe's 1920 x 1080 Wide Gui Final mod in JSGME.
Enter one of the Naval Academy's options and see if you get a full screen.
Your Video Option should be showing a tick in the Full Screen recognizing that you have the mod enabled.
Download Link.
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final

Peter
Old 01-22-17, 05:40 AM   #717
Carolus Magnus
Nub

Downloads: 1

I have been playing Silent Hunter IV for a while but could never get quite warm with the pacific campaign. Then I saw Silent Hunter III on a steam sale and jumped on the boat.

I searched in the internet for a mod to fix the resolution and maybe add some antialiasing and then found this mod which is more then I ever wanted.

Problem is. The last two days were a nightmare.

I used the complete installer package. The installer told me I couldn't install the mod in my SH3 folder. Took me hours to find out that the installer doesn't like the "Programms (x86)" folder. Great start...

Anyways. I copied the game to another folder and the installer worked.
I added the main mod file (LSH3 2015 Fullversion) and the GUI widescreen mod. I started up the game and half of the buttons were all over the place. I couldn't start a campaign because the start button was missing.
Great again...

I deactivated the widescreen mod and all buttons were accessable.
I started a new campaign and the loading screen got stuck very close at the end. It would load for ever but nothing would happen. Exiting the game impossible. I had to turn off the computer.
One time it worked. After 10 minutes of loading the game went to a black screen telling me something like "good hunt". (I don't remember) However nothing happend afterwards. Me clicking on the screen and hammering buttons caused the game to crash to desktop eventually.
Since then the campaign does load to 3/4 (taking very very long) and then crashes to desktop.

No hope in sight.

I searched the entire internet for a solution. But the myths have it that LSH3 is unsinkable and no such things as crashes exist.

Btw: I didn't use an old savegame. My PC specs are allright and my screenresolution really is 1920x1080
Carolus Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 06:01 AM   #718
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Carolus Magnus
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Steam Conversion SH3 Installation Instructions By BL!ITZKR!EG

Quote:
Then I saw Silent Hunter III on a steam sale and jumped on the boat.
LSH3-2015 is not compatible with Steam.

Quote:
I started a new campaign and the loading screen got stuck very close at the end.
It
appears that you have a compatibility with the Windows version you are using.
Quote:
Since then the campaign does load to 3/4 (taking very very long) and then crashes to desktop.
LSH3 does not like Windows 10 and needs to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7.
SH3.exe > SH3Commander > JSGME, run all these as administrator's.

Quote:
Btw: I didn't use an old savegame
What old save game?
The only saved games you can use are the ones you will create in LSH3-2015
Your first instruction is to go to the Naval Academy and setup the V15 save game folder.
Follow my LSH3-2015 Tutorial instructions and you will be heading in the right direction and save yourself a lot of wasted time.
Peter
Old 01-22-17, 07:29 AM   #719
Croshy
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Croshy
My sincere apologies I mixed up SH3 and SH4.
The only video option is the Full screen tick box as I described before.

Hopefully you made a copy of your last SH3 install.
Make another copy of it, install JSGME and try running an un-modded SH3 game with just the Ahnenerbe's 1920 x 1080 Wide Gui Final mod in JSGME.
Enter one of the Naval Academy's options and see if you get a full screen.
Your Video Option should be showing a tick in the Full Screen recognizing that you have the mod enabled.
Download Link.
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final

Peter
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final works fine and brings the Game correctly to 1920x1080.
But it doesnt work together with LSH3, then there is the same problem, game is 1920x1080 but the GUI of LSH3 is not correct as you can see when you look through the binoculars, see Comparison Pictures i added on my Homepage http://www.pieperswelt.de/interner-bereich/downloads/ the lowest 4

So there is still the question is this mod really playable in 1920x1080 as it seems just playable in 1360x768 (Stock if Widescreen Mod)

Last edited by Croshy; 01-22-17 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-22-17, 09:05 AM   #720
Carolus Magnus
Nub

Downloads: 1

Thank you Theberbster!

I used the compatibility mode for both jgsme and the game istself and now it works. Loading does take forever though and I haven't tried widescreen yet.

I can confirm it does work with the steam version. You have to copy the game folder to another directory for the mod to install though.
Carolus Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote