Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-11, 06:04 PM   #76
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo8993 View Post
i think hes onto something, tactics simulator? fleet command 2? carrier battlegroup commander? surface action group commander?
Hoping for a sub simulator, but I'd be down with any of that too.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 06:31 PM   #77
tommo8993
Helmsman

Downloads: 17

i'd personally prefer fleet command 2 (better graphics) but i'd still buy any of the games i suggested.
tommo8993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 08:18 PM   #78
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Better yet, let them license an off-the-shelf one (instead of self-developed) and focus on the core simulation. More time for patches.
Agree.
Old 01-11-11, 05:54 AM   #79
JamesT73J
Medic

Downloads: 9

I'd like to see the same engineering-led approach that works well with 688i and SC. DW got spread a little thin for my liking.

I'd like to stick with the mission approach: DC's are incredibly difficult to do right. That one product has even approached this in the last thirteen years - and still is far from perfect - is warning enough.

Open and extendable architecture is a great asset these days. The engine should offer all parameters for output and allow manipulation via plugins, likewise the interface should be extendable by plugins.

Charging wise, but the game module and platforms (from Sonalysts) would be paid for / subscription. Perhaps a Sonalysts marketplace with freeware & payware additions from the community / third party?
"My advice - buy the damn game and play the arse off it. It's not all there yet but it's still a damn good game, and we all know it'll be even better once the community is done crawling all over it." User 'Sideways' 08th March 2010.
JamesT73J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 10:10 AM   #80
tonibamestre
中国水兵

Downloads: 82

Yeah!! Third party developers could implement new Naval designs,stealh technology and new detection-weapon systems, all these to bring to seas a wide range of multinational platforms.
tonibamestre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 11:50 AM   #81
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

What i would like to see is dangerous waters with upgrade grafics and a 3-d intereur for the sub(s) and possibly ships. It just takes away alot of immersion looking at a 90,s style 2-d screen all the time. But i must confess i would also like to see some sort of carrier sim where you could command the fleet , sail the carrier and plan stikes and even fly the aircraft so some extent.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 11:59 AM   #82
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
I don't know where you have been, but the SCS devs have been on this forum, with this comminity ever since the release of 688(i). Frying Tiger has been here to field questions and give advice, despite the fact that the company has not been involved in the consumer market since that time. Fusoya, a new dev, has come on to this board to interact with this community in the past few months. Back when they were under the Janes label, Kim Castro and company were very receptive to the needs of the consumer, and SubSim, specifically. If anything, I think that they have bent over backward to provide this community with respect. SCS is a class act.

Their code is their code, and they can release or retain it as they see fit.
I have no problem with their property, except that the patching was stopped quite soon after relase, letting a lot of bugs unattended. I fully respect their decision to move out of the segment due to lack of resources / profit, but when you see the efforts that the community has done since, a little bit of support would maybe not hurt them and would cement the community around their core sim like it has happened for the SH series (maybe not SH5).
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 12:58 PM   #83
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39
Default New SCS title

I would be happy with just about anything at this stage. I do hope if it is more Fleet Command than Dangerous Waters that they go more in the Harpoon direction rather than spending too much resources on cute 3rd person graphics.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 01:05 PM   #84
Kaye T. Bai
Samurai Navy

Location: Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GrayOwl- View Post
Also do not forget about kitchen, with the ship cook.
CSCS (SW/AW) Jane Doe: "Hey CAPT, want to try my soup?" (for the tenth time)

CAPT Player: Senior Chief, if you ask me about that damned soup one more time, I'll have you:

- NJP'd
- Have the Master-at-Arms throw your ass in the brig.
- Sent to mast.
- Keelhauled
- Shot.
- All of the above.

---

In all seriousness, I'd pay full price just for the old DW updated with new graphics.

Last edited by Kaye T. Bai; 01-11-11 at 02:06 PM.
Kaye T. Bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 01:05 PM   #85
tonibamestre
中国水兵

Downloads: 82

Yes but,a more accurate ports and vessels should be needed,and GLOBAL covering of course,not just single maps.So, a start into the Cold War would be ok,managing full CBGs for later make expansions......decade by decade?
tonibamestre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 01:20 PM   #86
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye T. Bai View Post

In all seriousness, I'd pay full price just for the old DW updated with new graphics.
OK, the same, a DW with updated graphics is a great option.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 03:21 PM   #87
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183
Default Wishes

1) Vital (absolute bottom line, could be partly done by community if source made available )
- Refine the bugs of core game
- More stable multiplayer structure (seems possible based on RA achievements)
- Lwami/RA like database (enriched and community maintainable)
- Refined doctrines based on community development
- Open to developers in order to increase lifetime and enrich the basic game (database structure, game engine maybe some modules only, doctrines) including availability of some extent of documentation
- database/mission editing tools upgrade

2) Icing on the cake (but nice to have and probably a must for commercial success)
- Detailed maps
- Updated graphics (hopefully not jeopardizing model development by community)
- Cold war scenarios / campaign / latest naval hotspots , Korea, Narcos Pirates (can be developed by community)
- Dynamic campaigns

3) Optional (more work involved obviously: why not expansion pack in 2nd step)
- management of additional surface platforms incl carriers and carrier based aircrafts for fleet command enthusiasts

It is a dream but the activity on this thread shows that still a lot of us have interest
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 03:44 PM   #88
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I would be happy with just about anything at this stage. I do hope if it is more Fleet Command than Dangerous Waters that they go more in the Harpoon direction rather than spending too much resources on cute 3rd person graphics.
I understand you are fed-up with *real hardcore* LA-class experience, but I for one would love to see another sub-simulator . An updated DW with better graphics (Not necessarily SH5 standards, but at least no more 256 colours please ...), open to add lots of stuff, and with dynamic campaigns for better replayability would be good enough for me
Old 01-11-11, 05:08 PM   #89
Bartolomeus
Planesman

Downloads: 33

A new DW in the Cold War Era would be nice.

- with new (and modern DX10/11) graphic engine
- walkable subs and ships (Control Rom, Bridge)
- Dynamic Campaign (large environment as in Silent Hunter
- Multiplayer Campaign
Old 01-11-11, 06:17 PM   #90
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I understand you are fed-up with *real hardcore* LA-class experience, but I for one would love to see another sub-simulator . An updated DW with better graphics (Not necessarily SH5 standards, but at least no more 256 colours please ...), open to add lots of stuff, and with dynamic campaigns for better replayability would be good enough for me
Yeah I'd love another submarine simulator too. An updated DW with new engine.

DW was a vast improvement to SC too in respect that DW now has playable platforms other than submarine(FFG, Plane and helo). It makes great multiplayer game in that way. Just that they provided only blue FFG, blue plane and blue helo and none to play the adversary but submarines. Imagine if they'd give us playable Kirov CG, Ticonderago CG, Japanese Kongo CG, etc too.

Please geeky DW fans you must stop playing alone and start playing online a lot to make this idea feasible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolomeus View Post
A new DW in the Cold War Era would be nice.

- walkable subs and ships (Control Rom, Bridge)
That would scare Sonalysts from attempting anything