SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-20-14, 04:17 PM   #1
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Delete mission objectives sofar...

I want to start with a complete empty mission objectives, so like a new installed game.

Where can I delete my mission objectives sofar?

Thank you,
Eric
Old 10-20-14, 07:31 PM   #2
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

I'm not really sure what your asking, but if I'm following you....you want to erase your previously played/stored patrol missions.

Depending on your Operating System version, you will find your saved games in the "SH4" folder somewhere in your "My Documents" or "Documents" folder. This folder is recreated to a default setting every time you delete it....once you restart the game. It holds all your game options like screen resolutions; specific sound setups; saved game points; etc. By deleting the "SH4" folder, you'll need to reset your options as you like, with the knowledge that any previously saved game efforts are erased as well.

The "SH4" folder IS NOT the default "UbiSoft/Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific" folder that holds the primary game files.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 04:34 AM   #3
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

OK, thank you CapnScurvy for your fast reply! Let me be clear...
When I look at the captains log, I can read: Primary Objectives, Reach the marked zone, incomplete.

Ok I now that because I'm just trying, looking, feeling and try to feel what the whole thing is.

I'm not yet really on school but only seeing.

So I like to ger rid of that INCOMPLETE!

Or is it absolute unimportant?

Thanks in advance,

Eric
Old 10-21-14, 09:45 AM   #4
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

So, you're just wanting to look around, without having to complete the mission objective?

It doesn't matter what the game thinks of your "incomplete", or "failed" mission..... just ignore the Captain's Log and go exploring, take a trip around the world if you want! You can always restart a new Campaign, keeping your same name etc., and start over. Past history will make no difference.

As I pointed out, after a while those different starts/restarts will fill up the SH4 folder....along with any saved game points you may make. Just delete the folder. As I said, it will be remade using the default options erasing all other past history.

Happy hunting!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 03:33 PM   #5
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

It's all about points, just sink ships. Most of us don't do the patrol objectives, rather go to where we think shipping or battles are..

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 03:21 PM   #6
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks, thanks, Ok, I will try agin...

I like to follow the things as a complete beginner.
I like to start with the submarine school misions or objectives, however we call it.

The first one for example I must go a certain marked area.

BUT WHERE CAN I READ WHERE THAT MARKED IS????

For example in 688(i) was a radioroom, I could read there what my mission was...

Am I clear?

Thank you,
Eric

Last edited by easy; 10-22-14 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-22-14, 08:30 PM   #7
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Go to the map view and zoom out, there will be some kind of marker showing the location of the objective. For the yellow star shaped ones you sometimes get a message "destroy merchant shipping" after reaching the star, for other missions you have to stop within a mile of the star and wait 48 hours.

EXAMPLE:

Mission says to "patrol" this area, I navigate from Brisbane to where that yellow star is, then wait 48 hours.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-14, 09:22 AM   #8
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

OK Sniper, thank you, you are clear, now I sart with my first mission!

Reaching that area dosn't like me too difficult, waiting somewhere for 48 hours looks easy also.

But after that....

Thank you,
Eric