SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-21-07, 03:54 AM   #916
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

LuftWolf what about limited guidance wire?

Is there a way to hide the torpedo in the weapon control station once the wire has been cut? This was an issue back then with Sub Command. They still haven't changed it in DW.
Old 05-21-07, 04:57 AM   #917
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout

Is there a way to hide the torpedo in the weapon control station once the wire has been cut? This was an issue back then with Sub Command. They still haven't changed it in DW.
Wirebreaks have been implemented in the Advanced Torpedo Control Mod... of which I made a working Alpha with complete torpedo individualization for DW 1.03. I hope to someday soon have the time to work on LWAMI 4.xx which will feature this weapon individualization with complete weapon physics, unique speed vs. range vs. depth curves for all weapons, fully 3-d limited seeker cones, vertical search patterns, multiple wire-control settings, etc.

In terms of eliminating weapon truth... nope, unfortunately this would have to be done by SCS.

Cheers,
David
Old 05-21-07, 05:43 AM   #918
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout

Wirebreaks have been implemented in the Advanced Torpedo Control Mod... of which I made a working Alpha with complete torpedo individualization for DW 1.03. I hope to someday soon have the time to work on LWAMI 4.xx which will feature this weapon individualization with complete weapon physics, unique speed vs. range vs. depth curves for all weapons, fully 3-d limited seeker cones, vertical search patterns, multiple wire-control settings, etc.

In terms of eliminating weapon truth... nope, unfortunately this would have to be done by SCS.

Cheers,
David
Great news. Abt eliminating weapon truth, i'll go nag sonalyst:rotfl:

@Molon Labe: Thx for the table.
Old 05-21-07, 02:46 PM   #919
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacho
Can the P-100 Oniks SSN-22 Sunburn Encapsulated folding-fin version
launched from 65 cm torpedo tubes on SSN's. Associated with Rim Hat FCS.
industrial code 3K-55

or
SS-N-21 Sampson

be launched in the akula

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/akula/?
I'd have to sacrific some weapon or another... most likely the 65-76 since it's no longer actually carried on Russian submarines (reportedly...), but I'm sure that most players would not be in favor of this change, also I'm not sure any version of the Sunburn is carried on the Akula... I've never heard this before.

So, thank you for the idea, but I'm not sure it'd be a popular decision to go in that direction, or necessarily good from a gameplay/simulation stand point.

Cheers,
David
It looks like the Moskit is too big for the 650mm tubes anyways.
http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/moskitm.htm and http://www.missilethreat.com/cruise/...ise_detail.asp report diameter at 760mm.

The Sampson is just a Russian TASM. AEGIS will smack it down without breaking a sweat.
Old 05-21-07, 02:56 PM   #920
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29

The only submarine with the N-22 to my knowlage was a modified Victor III the K-292. It launched them with a specal launcher forward of the Sail.

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-07, 06:16 PM   #921
Zacho
Watch

Downloads: 39

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WMRUS_ASHmis.htm

for the Encapsulated folding-fin version

or the

3M55 Oniks
P-800 Yakhont
P-800 Bolid
SSN-X-26

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/m...ow/ss-n-26.htm

the 65-76 sucks need a new 650mm tube Weapon
Zacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-07, 11:45 PM   #922
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Quote:
http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WMRUS_ASHmis.htm

for the Encapsulated folding-fin version

or the

3M55 Oniks
P-800 Yakhont
P-800 Bolid
SSN-X-26

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/m...ow/ss-n-26.htm

the 65-76 sucks need a new 650mm tube Weapon
From the FAS link: "The supersonic P-800 Yakhont (Gem) is a ramjet version of P-80 Zubr [SS-N-7 Starbright]. The ship, submarine and coastal-launched Yakhont is launched from the unified ampoule-shaped transport-launching container (TLC). The container is 9 m long, is 0.71 m in diameter."

Still too big for a 650mm. TLAM might be onto something about the special launcher.

EDIT: It looks like this was an experimental weapon that never fully entered service, but became the basis for the BrahMos project.

EDIT 2: And the Lada class SSKs will include a VLS launcher for anti-ship missiles, which could include the BrahMos. http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/li...anovosti01.htm

I think what's probably going on here is someone, somewhere heard about encapsulated -26's and immediately thought 650mm tubes without giving it much thought, and some websites have been repeating it. But what was really going on was development for either custom launchers (like TLAM reported) or with the new VLS system.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 05-22-07 at 12:34 AM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-07, 12:38 AM   #923
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Speaking of BrahMos, it's operational on surface ships and coastal batteries in India already.

Quote:
The first BrahMos missile was test-fired from a coastal launcher on June 12, 2001 and was subsequently installed on Indian warships. The Indian Navy's destroyer Rajput, a revamped Soviet-made anti-submarine warfare (ASW) ship [Project 61ME], was the first to receive these missiles. Two of the Rajput's obsolete Termit anti-ship missile systems in her bow section were dismantled at the Mumbai shipyard and replaced with two twin-mounted BrahMos missile systems. All tests carried out with these launchers and the new missile system proved successful. Consequently, the Indian Defense Ministry decided to equip all five destroyers of Project 61ME with these missiles. Brahmos missiles will also be installed on Project 15A Bangalore-class guided-missile destroyers and Project 17 guided-missile frigates, which are larger versions of Project 11356 Talvar-class frigates, and which are to be constructed at Mazagon Dock Limited, India 's best shipbuilder. Conventional Amur-class submarines being offered by Russia to India may also be used as BrahMos missile platforms.
Current loadouts:
Kashin (61ME): 4 SS-N-2 Styx
Delhi DDG (project 15): 8 SS-N-25
--Project 15A Bangalore is a modified Delhi.
Krivak III: [no offensive missiles]
--Project 17 is a modified Krivak III.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 05-22-07 at 12:59 AM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-07, 05:34 AM   #924
Zacho
Watch

is thare some thing we can replace the 65-76 with it is no longer in the RN?
Old 05-22-07, 06:59 AM   #925
Kazuaki Shimazaki II
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Yeah, you could replace it with the stock torpedo. If the Russians don't eventually just reallow the 65-76 back into the fleet, they'd eventually build a new torpedo, presumably with monopropellant, and it'd probably have similar coefficients to the stock DW uber-65.
Kazuaki Shimazaki II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-07, 04:34 PM   #926
GrayOwl
Soundman

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuaki Shimazaki II
Quote:
Yeah, you could replace it with the stock torpedo. If the Russians don't eventually just reallow the 65-76 back into the fleet, they'd eventually build a new torpedo, presumably with monopropellant, and it'd probably have similar coefficients to the stock DW uber-65.
Very well that is possible to test a different type of the weapon on Akulas - if in them it is possible to load 65-75 torpedo - and to shoot her.

65-75 torpedoes lay in Russian warehouses - from boats them have removed there. If war tomorrow will begin, this weapon again will return on boats.

So, guys, try this weapon - it still "alive".
Old 05-27-07, 04:04 AM   #927
Zacho
Watch

Type 65 torpedo

Homing: active/passive and wake homing

Variants
  • 65-73 Entered service 1973, unguided torpedo. 20 kt Nuclear.
  • 65-76 Kit (Russian: Кит, Whale) Entered service 1976, wake homing.
    • DT Length 11 m. Weight 4,500 kg. Warhead 450 kg.
    • DST92 Length 11 m. Weight 4,750 kg. Warhead 557 kg. Wake homing anti-ship weapon. Operates at 20 m depth. Sensor points upwards to detect the ships wake, the torpedo sweeps from side to side to find the edges of the wake.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_65_torpedo
http://milit.ru/torpedoes.htm

In 1956 the SET-65 new generation of active/passive homing torpedo system was put into service and in the 1960-1970s the first telecontrolled torpedoes, TEST-68 and TEST-71, appeared.

can it have
active/passive and wake homing?

http://www.subsim.com/ssr/akula2.html

Both the SET 53 and SET 65 torpedoes are wireguided and possess active, passive, and wake-homing capabilities. The SET 65 pack a 900kg punch, enough to take out a carrier with one unit.
Old 05-29-07, 04:34 PM   #928
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Quote:
Both the SET 53 and SET 65 torpedoes are wireguided and possess active, passive, and wake-homing capabilities. The SET 65 pack a 900kg punch, enough to take out a carrier with one unit.
The SET 65 has a 205 kg warhead and is ment for ASW work...

http://navweaps.com/Weapons/WTRussian_post-WWII.htm

Old 05-30-07, 01:58 AM   #929
Zacho
Watch

so hard to git good information on Russian subs
Old 06-09-07, 01:16 PM   #930
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

I was expermenting with the CAPTOR Mines (in part to see if their doctrine would support Cluster Gulf/Bay type weapons) and I found that some of the time the Torpedoes launched would just drive in to the seafloor. I think that there should be something in the doctrine that will shoot the torpedo a hundred feet up first then have it proceed to target.