SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-08, 11:20 PM   #1
Kamikaze
A-ganger

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default XXI and Balkan Geralt?

OK . . I may have the name wrong for the sensor type. But I just got the sub upgrade and accepted it. But on my first mission I noticed that my sonar no longer seemed to be working. Is this correct? The needle will not rotate . . . nor do I seem to get contacts. I had a great situation where I got a T3 tanker in front of me. I could see it at periscope, but with scope lowered it was not there.

I went back to a previous save . . . and when I select that sensor at the hardware screen . . . it is listed as an option. So I went ahead and selected it. Absolutely no difference. It still did not seem to work. Am I missing something? Confused . . .
Old 03-06-08, 11:38 PM   #2
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Well first off, there's no Type XXI in the add-on, only the Type XVIII

Weird, I haven't got to the XVIII yet, but I sure had no problems with the Balkon Gerat on the IXD2 :hmm:

Do you have any special abilities enabled for the crew? Those sometimes mess things up a little. How about installed mods?

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 12:41 AM   #3
Kamikaze
A-ganger

Funny . . it shows up as a XXI. Ohwell. I just installed the new TMO MOD and on a quick test my sub ID'd a contact. So in my situation I think I'm good since that is the dominate mod I use. Since you had asked the MODs I had running were :

RSRDC V310 for 1.5
ClassicBetterScopes and Nomograph for 1.5
Enabling the XXIII in Career Start (not in my test scenario though)
Schnorkel

Thats all. As to special abilities I had one guy with RADAR capability.

Old 03-07-08, 12:58 AM   #4
Zantham
中国水兵

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1

The snorkel mod by Xantrokoles and Stuffer has a mod that changes the XVIII into an XXI if you so choose.
It is actually two mods: Snorkel Beta 1, and Snorkel Beta 1 with Type XXI conversion.
There is also a known issue some people are having with hydrophones not working with this mod just as you describe.
Zantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 04:31 AM   #5
Type941
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

what? the type XVIII never went to sea at all, it was never even completed, how can that be in the addon?!

Sink the Bismarck SH3 Movie
Type941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 10:21 AM   #6
Kamikaze
A-ganger

The schnorkel mod may be causing the bug?

OK . . I'll try removing it. Simple enough. Thanks for pointing this out Zantham!

Some threads start getting SOOOO long I loose patientence in looking at every friggin page.
Old 03-07-08, 12:56 PM   #7
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type941
what? the type XVIII never went to sea at all, it was never even completed, how can that be in the addon?!
Cause it's a game

The XVIII was a lot more possible than a lot of the units one might see in IL-2 1946 though, for example.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-08, 02:57 AM   #8
Stuffer
Watch

Downloads: 21

Actually, I've fixed the issue with the hydrophone not working correctly. The latest version of the snorkel mod is in my signature. It's still not bug free though. Some people are having issues with the Type IXD2 RWR attaching to the snorkel instead of the submarine. I haven't been able to reproduce the bug myself, so can't fix it for now. Also, the Type XXI seems to get better battery efficiency at 2/3 (or whatever throttle setting 2 is) rather than 1/3 (This bug does not affect the Type IX or Type XVIII). Still working that one out, but alot of the battery based parameters seem like they may be coded into the engine.

Besides those bugs though, it is definately much more playable now that the hydrophone works again...especially since the Type XXI is designed to operate almost entirely underwater where sonar is pretty important.

Oh, and I forgot to change the folder names in the .rar files so it would reflect the current version being Beta 2b and no longer Beta 1. I'll have to fix that issue in case it confuses anyone.
Stuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 09:58 AM   #9
Schnee
Engineer

Default Yeah

Copied the files over to the SH4 for Stuffers schnorkel mod, but what are the controls to activate it? I'm still at the stage in the game using the IXD2 and don't seem to see how it can be activated.

Do BOTH folders (along with data folder) get copied over? I seem to be missing something in the set up.
Schnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 09:18 AM   #10
Schnee
Engineer

Default Ha!

Presume I copied all the files over correctly but still haven't figured out the schnorkel command as to how to activate it...maybe I'll try hittng a few random buttons
Schnee is offline   Reply With Quote