SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-21-12, 09:15 AM   #1081
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
I just playing DW with LwAmi less then a month and so far I've been using otto (autocrew) for most part (I still try to understand all FFG-7 stations functions), then I decide to drive sub again without otto, but I found something strange that I can't assign a sonar tracker on Narrowband since I have to switch back to Broadband and assign the tracker there sometime is get worse I can't assign sonar tracker on both the broadband and narrowband despite there's 2 line of frequency on narrowband.
Is this a problem on the sim engine or is has something to do with the mod
Posting this in two threads?

As I alluded to in the other thread, a not-so-common user error is to try to assign narrowband trackers by selecting only a bearing instead of a frequency at a bearing. This has nothing to do with the mod, it's just a difference between DW and SC.

With the mod, due to the increased spherical/cylindrical array sensitivity, the broadband will sometimes display a contact that is too weak to assign a tracker in either NB/BB--but this would never be a contact so strong that produced two narrowband lines.
Old 10-12-12, 06:37 PM   #1082
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0
Default Modified platform weapon loadout

Got questions ;
1. How do I modified a platform (Non-playable) weapons load-out
2. How do I modified playable platform capability (ex; increasing Seawolf class depth rating)

Thank's beforehand
arief.satriyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-12, 12:29 AM   #1083
To be
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arief.satriyo View Post
Got questions ;
1. How do I modified a platform (Non-playable) weapons load-out
2. How do I modified playable platform capability (ex; increasing Seawolf class depth rating)

Thank's beforehand
You'll want DWedit, which is available on subguru.com.

http://subguru.com/DW_missions/DWEdit1_7_4_1.zip

You may want to backup your database before editing it, and of course by editing the DB you break compatibility if you were to try to play multiplayer.
To be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-12, 05:54 PM   #1084
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Downloads: 34
DW Edit Manual..??

I'm quite aware of DW Edit function.
Actually I 'm looking for some kind of Manual (user guide) of DW Edit, for example what are all those numbers in those dialog box governs or/and what kind of effect they do in gameplay.
arief.satriyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 08:50 AM   #1085
red2112
Watch

Downloads: 25
Default DW LWami changes in range request

Greetings folks,

I would like to know if posible, if any changes have been made regarding range in LWami Mod?

I mean is the Towed Array range still the same as stock DW, or any other sonar, torp, depth and speed changes in this mod?

Sorry but aim old school and plot by hand with pencil and paper , so I really need this info.

I did read the included manual in the mod, but besides some speed changes I dont see much other info regarding the above, or I could have overlooked it, my bad!

Your help will save this old school diver

Thanks so much for reading...
red2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 01:19 PM   #1086
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Sonar sensitivity and the amount of noise generated by contacts have both changed, so in-game detection ranges could vary significantly from the stock game, depending on the target and the target's speed.
Old 02-09-13, 02:11 PM   #1087
red2112
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
Sonar sensitivity and the amount of noise generated by contacts have both changed, so in-game detection ranges could vary significantly from the stock game, depending on the target and the target's speed.
Thank you so much Molon for your promt reply!

Yes I realise that a change has been made in this sence, but are the sonar detection ranges (depending on sea state, layers etc) still the same as stock? I mean what are the new ranges on the mod? The same goes for adquisition cones on torps, any change? Is there fuel range still the same etc. Its hard for me to make a tactical picture without these values.

Thanks again Molon for your help.

Red2112
Old 02-09-13, 06:03 PM   #1088
red2112
Watch

Well, I just wanted to say sorry, I dont want to seem stuck-up about this. It´s just that we/I had all this info when I was in the Seawolves.org back in the days of 688i/HK.

20,000yds for Towed Array (aprox.), adquisition cone range and diameter of cone, fuel for 50,000yds at 55 knots. Active ping max 80,000yds and etc.

The "Bluebook" is updated up to Sub Command and I doubt it´s updated to DW, so along with the stock DW changes and now that I installed the LWami 3.11 mod with it´s changes, Iam made a mess

A rule of thumb is know your own ship capabilities as well as your enemy´s capabilities. It all has to do with stealth and plannig your tactic. Without this info, you don´t know how far or close you can get to your CNT regardles of weather for example.

Any how, this old diver will just have to live with it, but I was planning to do a trainig course over at my virtual squadron and this Info was of great value as it was for me over at Seawolves.org.

Fish give me a hand! (deep2112)

Thanks everyone!

Red2112
Old 02-09-13, 08:08 PM   #1089
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

I've held contacts in the 3rd convergence zone (90nmi) before, had direct path contacts beyond 30nmi, and had other targets undetectable at .5nmi. LWAMI removed the hard-capped ranges for passive sensors, so there really isn't any sort of generic rule that is going to give you a range.

Torpedo acquisition cones... that's a little more predictable... I think we left the angle at +/-45 degrees. Expect 2nmi-1.5nmi for modern HWTs vs large targets, but less than 1nmi if the target is very small or you're using an older, cheaper weapon.
Old 02-09-13, 11:06 PM   #1090
red2112
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
I've held contacts in the 3rd convergence zone (90nmi) before, had direct path contacts beyond 30nmi, and had other targets undetectable at .5nmi. LWAMI removed the hard-capped ranges for passive sensors, so there really isn't any sort of generic rule that is going to give you a range.

Torpedo acquisition cones... that's a little more predictable... I think we left the angle at +/-45 degrees. Expect 2nmi-1.5nmi for modern HWTs vs large targets, but less than 1nmi if the target is very small or you're using an older, cheaper weapon.
Thank you Molon!

Regarding sonar range, I understand you perfectly. I did assume this as there are to many variables involved. Generic is fine, just a guideline so to speak for new divers. Torp cone info is of great help, thank´s for that one! Hmm... evading torps is gona be challenging from now on

Thank you Molon and your team for this great mod, aim enjoying it in every dive and has got me back at sea after a ten year leave or more

Thank you.

Good care,

Red2112

Last edited by red2112; 02-09-13 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-08-14, 07:41 PM   #1091
Pilot_76
Chief

Downloads: 427

To know the ranges I think by enabling them from the contact menu in the mission editor gives a good number.
Pilot_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-14, 06:22 PM   #1092
alfagolf
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

I'm experiencing several CTDs
alfagolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-14, 05:20 PM   #1093
Rex Ursus
Sailor man

Downloads: 131
Default Which is better LwAmi or RA mod?

I am trying out the new RA mod and don't know enough about it yet to make a determination comparing it to LwAmi. Does anyone know enough about both to draw distinctions?
Rex Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 03:51 AM   #1094
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Ursus View Post
I am trying out the new RA mod and don't know enough about it yet to make a determination comparing it to LwAmi. Does anyone know enough about both to draw distinctions?
I do not know RA but one very good thing (among many) about LWAMI is that it is shipped with a very comprehensive manual.
So you can easly answer your own question: just download LWAMI and read the pdf manual, and compare that information with your own experience of RA
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 04:32 AM   #1095
in_vino_vomitus
XO

Downloads: 137

There realistically isn't any way to say which is best - It's a game, so what makes it good is the experience of playing it, which will be different for each of us. RA has a lot of platforms that aren't in LWAMI, so if variety is your thing then that might be an issue. Remaining undetected in LWAMI is certainly challenging [for me at least]. Really it all depends on how you play and what floats your boat.

Easy answer to the "Which one is best?" conundrum - multi-install and have both.
1.5 Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5
1.5 OTC Realistic Scopes for TMO
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4
Improved Stock environment v3_TMO&RFB
TMO_Alt_engine-sounds
TMO_Alternate_JS_Radar_performance
TMO17_19_different_smoke
in_vino_vomitus is offline   Reply With Quote