SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-08-16, 07:22 PM   #16
Larry
Watch

Downloads: 1133
Uploads: 0

Thank you for the replies. My apologies for all the confusion on my part. Will DL & try the TMOkey & then get use to using that key layout.

Again thank you for all the time & help given
Old 05-16-16, 03:09 AM   #17
Larry
Watch

Have SH4 1.5 installed only Mods installed are TMO 2.5 & TMOKeys. I have removed the ( ; ) from Cmd line 50 & 51 in Mods, TMO 2.5 Data, Command. Config to get the external view back. Have unchecked the No External View in Options, Main Menu (single mission) & in the Options (clock) in the office, (Pacific Submarine Campaign) & I still do not have the flyby view of units. Dose anyone have any other thoughts on how to get the flyby view back? As always thank you for any & all help.
Old 05-16-16, 12:42 PM   #18
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104

deleted

Last edited by Gray Lensman; 05-21-16 at 10:12 PM.
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-16, 05:20 PM   #19
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I still do not have the flyby view of units.
What exactly do you mean by "flyby view of units"?

From your earlier post:
Quote:
I get the external view of selected unit but it will not give me the 360 view as it dose in 1.5 and as I had in TMO 1.9 This is the external view I get (rotates 360 from that spot not on the unit as I am trying to get)
So you are getting the view focused on other units when pressing the keys?
When you go to that view, you are able to pan the camera, while it remains in the same spot relative to the unit?
Can you move the camera position relative to the unit using the arrow keys?
Old 05-17-16, 12:04 AM   #20
Larry
Watch

Gooday Razark, The view I get is the offset camera view that comes with TMO 2.5. after removing the ( ; ) on Cmd line 50 & 51.
To answer your questions (1. Yes I get the view of units when pressing the ( , and . ) keys. (2. No. The camera dose not pan around the selected unit.
Somehow in TMO 1.9 I got the view to center on the selected unit & can do a 360 pan around the unit using the arrow keys and the view will stay centered on the selected unit. This is what I am trying to get TMO 2.5 to do.
Old 05-17-16, 07:56 AM   #21
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

All the advice above about resetting the view command in TMO is correct. But I'm not sure just having the external view of other objects (ships) will answer your second issue.

To rotate 360 around your own boat or a different object, click the mouse so the cursor is gone, then use the < and > keys to rotate either way around the object. If you also use the shift key it will speed the movement around the object. You can also get closer or farther using the up or down arrows accordingly.

One other thing, I went into the TMO 2.5 that I downloaded and changed the CMD 50 and 51 per postings above in that "original" version instead of just doing it in the installed version. That way any time I have to reload TMO 2.5 the change is already there. Saves some work. But you will always have to change the Options in the Office Radio to allow external views regardless of the settings within TMO. Do this once at the start of a career. Good luck and good hunting!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 08:15 PM   #22
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Gooday Razark, The view I get is the offset camera view that comes with TMO 2.5. after removing the ( ; ) on Cmd line 50 & 51.
To answer your questions (1. Yes I get the view of units when pressing the ( , and . ) keys.
Ok, so that is working and people can stop telling you to read the manual...

Quote:
(2. No. The camera dose not pan around the selected unit.
Somehow in TMO 1.9 I got the view to center on the selected unit & can do a 360 pan around the unit using the arrow keys and the view will stay centered on the selected unit. This is what I am trying to get TMO 2.5 to do.
Honestly, I've been using TMO for a long time, and I don't remember the unit camera ever acting like that. If it is TMO affecting how the camera handles, it's going to take editing the files to undo whatever changes were made. Sorry to say, I don't know anything about that part.

Oooh! I found an unmodded stock version of SH4 on my system.

Ah. Wow. Ok, now I see what you're trying to do. Yeah, that's going to require editing some file to redefine the camera behavior.
Old 05-18-16, 07:31 AM   #23
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

[To answer your questions (1. Yes I get the view of units when pressing the ( , and . ) keys. (2. No. The camera dose not pan around the selected unit.
Somehow in TMO 1.9 I got the view to center on the selected unit & can do a 360 pan around the unit using the arrow keys and the view will stay centered on the selected unit. This is what I am trying to get TMO 2.5 to do.]

You are missing a simple point. You got it to pan around the unit in 1.9 when you left clicked the mouse. This released the fixed position of the camera and allows you to move it around the unit, or zoom in or out, using the regular keys for viewing. It works exactly the same in 2.5.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-16, 09:54 PM   #24
Larry
Watch

Icon14

Ok i found a solution to get what I was looking for. Downloaded & installed (Game Fixes Only Mod 1.1) I would like to thank all who have given their time and advice in this matter.