SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-08, 01:37 AM   #226
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuppes
OK I also have the Problems with OLCE2 and the flat sun when Anti aliasing is enabled....
Even with the flat sun fix modlet enabled? :hmm:
Are you enabling them in the right order?
(OLCE2 first, Flat Sun Fix second)
Old 04-24-08, 03:07 AM   #227
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
OK I also have the Problems with OLCE2 and the flat sun when Anti aliasing is enabled....
Even with the flat sun fix modlet enabled? :hmm:
Are you enabling them in the right order?
(OLCE2 first, Flat Sun Fix second)
Hi Mr. onelifecrisis!

Yes had enabled the FlatSunFix in the right order aswell... to no avail.
I'll post some screenies... see what you think.

Do you have any idea regarding those little black artifacts I'm getting?
I'll see if I can make a screenshot of them... they only pop up for a fraction of a second every now and then.... so it might be a bit tricky for me to capture one.
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 03:13 AM   #228
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have a similar spec PC to you mate and the same GFX card. I also had the artifacts, its all to do with how yer card is set up. There's a thread somewhere which reccomends using nHancer and supplies some values. I did this and it seemed to work for the most part, did a little bit extra tweaking and hardly ever get them at all now. Not sure what I tweaked but I'll export the settings and post them here if you like.
Old 04-24-08, 03:53 AM   #229
Marko_Ramius
Frogman

Downloads: 109

The artefacts are there because in OLCE, the value for "Horizon" is 2000 ; I think GWX 2.1 fixed this by making this value to 2100, which i do in OLCE for my 8800.

There is not really issues doing this so, you should try it. No more artefacts at all after that.

Hi again OLC, just one word on sea color on heavy weather :

I tried quickly the single mission "Bismarck" and i think the sea is a little bit too dark ( no more grey). Maybe it is my LCD though, but ..well i'm not sure of that

Other than that, the overall is seems absolutely great ! I love new sea foam
Marko_Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 03:54 AM   #230
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Yes, the black triangles issue is as old as the 16km mod itself. It only affects nVidia cards. There is a very simple way to fix it in the mod (and the fix is actually included in the GWX 2.1 16km Atmosphere mod) but I didn't include the fix in OLCE2 because when I combine it with the other changes in OLCE2 it could have adverse effects on sensors. The only way to know for sure would be to do a lot of testing, and frankly, since I have an ATI card, right now I'm just enjoying my mod and taking a break.

In all likelyhood, the only effect will be to boost all visual ranges a bit (effectively making OLCE2 into a 16km atmosphere again, instead of 15km as it is now) but until I've made sure of this, I'd rather have people complaining about some black triangles that have been there for years (even if they try to pretend that it only just appeared, Schwuppes ) than complaining about broken sensors which are my fault.

Edit: I cross posted with you, Marko. Yes, that's the fix. But it's simply not true to say there is no issue doing it. That setting directly affects all visual sensors.
Old 04-24-08, 04:06 AM   #231
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Quote:
(even if they try to pretend that it only just appeared, Schwuppes )

E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Old 04-24-08, 04:10 AM   #232
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Quote:
(even if they try to pretend that it only just appeared, Schwuppes )

Now go to your room and don't come out until you're really, really sorry.
Old 04-24-08, 04:49 AM   #233
NAZ2222
Seaman

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Yes, the black triangles issue...itself. It only affects nVidia cards.
Sorry but this is not true. I have a HD3850 and I have that issue too, maybe it's because Vista, I dont know. I havent tried OLCE2, still havent got the time to download GWX 2.1, but I will try to get this fantastic combo this weekend!

Great work OLC, as always...
NAZ2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 04:49 AM   #234
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Default Announcement

Having noticed that night time surface attacks seemed easier in the Ubermod, I did some checking... and they are much easier, it turns out. All that careful manouvering in the 'Ubermod Surface Attack' video was totally unnecessary; at the darkest time of the night, ships in OLCE2 are completely blind.

From a modding point of view this creates interesting possibilities, but for the moment I'll say this: while I think that blinder ships at night is a good thing, I think totally blind ships is a bad thing, so I'll be fixing it (now that I know what actually causes it).

Apologies for the bug.

OLC

Edit:

Actually the ships are not totally blind at night, but it's close. It turns out that the colours directly affect the visual sensors of enemy ships. This is quite good news in a way, because it means the visual ability of enemy ships at night (or during the day, for that matter) can be fine-tuned as accurately as I want, from totally blind to full visibility and everything in-between. Bye bye vampire night vision, hello realistic surface attacks.

Of course, the colours also affect how things look graphically, and I'm rather fond of the dark nights, so I'm looking at one other variable which might allow me to tune things a different way...

Last edited by onelifecrisis; 04-24-08 at 05:59 AM.
onelifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 04:50 AM   #235
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZ2222
Quote:
Yes, the black triangles issue...itself. It only affects nVidia cards.
Sorry but this is not true. I have a HD3850 and I have that issue too, maybe it's because Vista, I dont know. I havent tried OLCE2, still havent got the time to download GWX 2.1, but I will try to get this fantastic combo this weekend!

Great work OLC, as always...
Oh okay, good to know, thanks.
Old 04-24-08, 06:00 AM   #236
Schwuppes
中国水兵

[url=http://imageshack.us]#

So this is what it looks like for me... is this normal? (this is with GWX 16km atmosphere btw)

Before when I still had my ATi card the sun was a bit bigger with a huge corona and very bright.

Oh and I am not getting the black triangles with GWX 16km atmosphere... go figure. :hmm:

Old 04-24-08, 06:03 AM   #237
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Oh and I am not getting the black triangles with GWX 16km atmosphere... go figure. :hmm:
Er, maybe you should read my previous reply again.
Here, let me help you.
Quote:
Yes, the black triangles issue is as old as the 16km mod itself. It only affects nVidia cards. There is a very simple way to fix it in the mod (and the fix is actually included in the GWX 2.1 16km Atmosphere mod) but I didn't include the fix in OLCE2 because...
Old 04-24-08, 06:16 AM   #238
Schwuppes
中国水兵

lol sorry

Old 04-24-08, 06:19 AM   #239
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
So this is what it looks like for me... is this normal? (this is with GWX 16km atmosphere btw)

Before when I still had my ATi card the sun was a bit bigger with a huge corona and very bright.
The bright shiny sun is how it's supposed to look. That screenshot is a problem a lot of people seem to have (with or without the Ubermod). If you read the last few pages of this thread you'll find a great deal of discussion on the matter and lots of different solutions that have worked for different people.
Old 04-24-08, 07:20 AM   #240
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
It turns out that the colours directly affect the visual sensors of enemy ships.
Cool....we could have red for really nasty agressive enemies and pink for really cute 'n cuddly ones. We could call it the "pink 'n fluffy uber mod"......