SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-15-11, 07:58 PM   #1
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0
Proper torpedo Plane behavior

I decided on a single mission build the other day.
First ... I sure do wish you could delete items once placed, I am not sure why they didn't put that in the editor.

I have three groups of air planes. Two dive bombers and one group of torpedo bombers. They each have their proper load outs, they are set in groups with waypoints and radius small so they do not go flying after every little thing they may see.

What happens is that they seem to come in like a bunch of stragglers. Maybe it's one, a group of three but they never come in as a total group or anything close to the formation they start in.

The second issue I have with them is the torpedo planes even when their approach waypoint to target is set to 100 feet never make torpedo runs. They dive bomb just like every other plane in the bomber group.

My question is:

Is there a way to get the air craft to fly in a formation? If they are 5 abreast and 7 deep all 100 meters apart can they stay that way?

Can the torpedo planes actualy behave as torpedo planes and make torpedo runs that launch the fish?

Mark
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-11, 12:49 PM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

to delete an object just click on it then hit the delete key on your keyboard, its as simple as that but if you delete the group leader befor unattaching the others in the group then they all go away so keep that in mind.

as to the rest, i havent done anything with mission editor in ages but i think there was always issues getting planes to fly in groups. its like the game doesnt want more then just a few planes at a time but im sure theres a way to figure it out. i never had the patience but maybe forget the groups and set then up as all seperate planes might allow a large group to fly but just keep trying things till you get something your happy with and when your done please post it for downloading so we can enjoy it too
Old 10-27-11, 03:53 PM   #3
wevbarker2011
Mate

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

You probably can't delete as your stuck on the hand tool; it took me a while to spot, but at the top left you can take off the hand tool and use the arrow tool to select and delete.
As for formation flying, you can't keep an air group in formation if the group does any manouvering; the game engine treats each unit seperately. The nicest way to use torpedo bombers is to set up a single column, because that loses its integrity the least and they come in of torpedo runs consecutively and neatly.
wevbarker2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, formation, launch, plane, torpedo