Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-28-17, 02:38 PM   #886
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgard View Post
The Huffington Post is not a self-developing news agency. They accept bloggers and news from other agencies. The owners and programmers look for news that fits their agenda.

I never use them for anything.
I learned my lesson the hard way when I got rebuked for using them too ... they are in the news business for the click bait money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
North Korea has fired a ballistic missile, South Korean media say, quoting military officials.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42160227
The news was reporting a possible nuclear test too with activity at it nuclear test site ... that was before this happened that spells they are not backing down. Trump is not a paper tiger ...

This former seal team man has the right answer: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/forme...172753217.html

Quote:
People ask me if I'm worried about the threat, a nuclear threat from North Korea, and I think it is something you have to be concerned about. Obviously, they have the weapons. They have the technology. It may not be perfect, but it doesn't have to be perfect for them to do some real damage. So it’s something we have to be very cautious of — we have to pay attention to. And we need to be careful.

One of my most popular tweets that I have put out was, surprisingly — it was a remark that I made about someone asked me about what to do in North Korea. I replied that the thing to do would be to drop 25 million iPhones into North Korea and then give them free Wi-Fi satellite coverage. And of course, you know, some people came back and said, “Well, how would they get power for the phones?” And people broke down the strategic plan.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-17, 04:22 PM   #887
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgard View Post
The Huffington Post is not a self-developing news agency. They accept bloggers and news from other agencies. The owners and programmers look for news that fits their agenda.

I never use them for anything.
They may not necessarily be "self-developing" ('Polaroid news'?), but that does not diminish the sources they use; for the most part, the sources are major, reputable news agencies. This is a practice used by many of the other news outlets such as when they cite, say, the AP as a source. THP also provides links to the sources in the text of their news articles, so the provenance of the reportage is traceable; they are not passing off other's reportage as being from their own "whole cloth'; THP is often a place where one can read about a news subject and find, in an article, links to further info instead of having to plow through a slew of same-same reportage. In the case of the link I posted, it is not a straight news article, but, rather, a sort of op-ed piece (the author is a law professor with knowledge of and experience with war morality issues) and is intended to be so taken. There are a number of posts based on opinion in this thread and I posted that one as either another view or clarification of previous views.

As far as the owners and programmers looking for news that fits their agenda, the same can be said of any of the "owners and programmers" of any other news outlets; it is up to the reader(s) to look beyond the "owners and programmers"'s narrowness and seek the actual truth of the facts...

BTW, I would be interested if you had any info on any news outlet(s) that is/are unflinchingly fair and unbiased and do not have 'an axe to grind'...

<O>
Old 11-28-17, 05:18 PM   #888
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
They may not necessarily be "self-developing" ('Polaroid news'?), but that does not diminish the sources they use; for the most part, the sources are major, reputable news agencies. This is a practice used by many of the other news outlets such as when they cite, say, the AP as a source. THP also provides links to the sources in the text of their news articles, so the provenance of the reportage is traceable; they are not passing off other's reportage as being from their own "whole cloth'; THP is often a place where one can read about a news subject and find, in an article, links to further info instead of having to plow through a slew of same-same reportage. In the case of the link I posted, it is not a straight news article, but, rather, a sort of op-ed piece (the author is a law professor with knowledge of and experience with war morality issues) and is intended to be so taken. There are a number of posts based on opinion in this thread and I posted that one as either another view or clarification of previous views.

As far as the owners and programmers looking for news that fits their agenda, the same can be said of any of the "owners and programmers" of any other news outlets; it is up to the reader(s) to look beyond the "owners and programmers"'s narrowness and seek the actual truth of the facts...

BTW, I would be interested if you had any info on any news outlet(s) that is/are unflinchingly fair and unbiased and do not have 'an axe to grind'...

<O>
they are in the news business for the click bait money plus why are they always near the top when researching the news? Payola ?
or achievement

Old 11-28-17, 05:24 PM   #889
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
North Korea has fired a ballistic missile, South Korean media say, quoting military officials.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42160227
http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=51437178

Quote:
Trump later addressed the launch in an appearance before reporters at the White House, pledging: "We will take care of it... it is a situation that we will handle."
or achievement

Old 11-28-17, 06:44 PM   #890
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I guess it will be another liftet finger towards KJU.

I hardly doubt we will wake up to the news US strike on North Korea.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 05:30 PM   #891
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

I think Putin and Trump are getting along with each other more than the news reports: https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-m...112001189.html

Quote:
Russian marines have practiced landing operations at its border with North Korea, following Pyongyang’s controversial missile launch test this week, the military said. Russian naval infantry servicemen and the crews of Russia’s Pacific Fleet ships Admiral Nevelskoy and Peresvet, carried out a swift, amphibious charge on a beachhead in the Primorye region, Russia’s only one to border North Korea.
The rest of the article leads me to believe that the Russians want a piece of whatever is going to happen to North Korea.
or achievement

Old 11-30-17, 06:05 PM   #892
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Well, Russia (then the USSR) started buddy-buddy relations almost since the inception of NK as a country; the USSR was the principal backer and main trade partner of NK from the beginning until the fall of the USSR. For the USSR, cozying up to NK accomplished having their mutual border stretch secured and was a thumbing of the nose to Red China during the Cold War; the only reason China moved into NK during the Korean Was was China's fear NK would fall and China would have a unified, US-backed Korea right on its border; China went in, made their point, and moved out once the ceasefire was in place, leaving the USSR to resume theri sponsorship of NK...

A lot of people seem to believe China has a great deal of influence with NK and nothing could be further than the truth. There is no love lost between China nad NK and that has been a fact throughout the long history of Asia. Just because the various nations are all Asian does not mean there is any ethnic closeness between them. The people of NK hate China almost as much as they hate the US and the Japanese. The Chinese have a great deal of disdain, if not outright hatred of NK. Its like the situation in SE Asia: the people of Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, etc. have long-standing disdain for each other and tend to view their particular cultures as somewhat superior to the each other. It is somewhat analogous to the sort of patronizing attitude of US citizens towards the country of Canada, but with the added baggage of centuries of historical conflict the US/Canada don't have; another analogy would be South and Central America: a common language (exception: Brazil), common foods, common general religion, even a somewhat equivalent cultural genesis, but the nations in SA/CA have a general animus toward each other...

China might move into NK if it appears the end result of a US-NK conflict were to be a pro-US government on their southern border, something they would be loathe to have happen. But, other than that, China has a very strong border security setup to keep North Koreans out of China and would not welcome any refugees if there was a war; China only cares about what happens to NK only inasmuch as it affects their own interests; they are not inclined to spend Chinese blood or resources to blithely defend what they have historically consider an inferior nation...

<O>
Old 12-01-17, 04:27 AM   #893
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
The rest of the article leads me to believe that the Russians want a piece of whatever is going to happen to North Korea.
Actually buisness as usual, that is where Russian Naval Infantry regional unit is stationed and where their normal training area is.
Old 12-01-17, 08:22 PM   #894
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
Actually buisness as usual, that is where Russian Naval Infantry regional unit is stationed and where their normal training area is.

Here's another clue: https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-pr...115055861.html

Russia Is Preparing for North Korea War as Tensions Rise, Says Putin's Top Security Adviser
Damien Sharkov,Newsweek 13 hours ago

Quote:
Russia is making preparations in case the diplomatic crisis around North Korea’s nuclear testing escalates into
a fully fledged armed conflict, the head of Moscow’s Security Council said on Friday.

North Korea and the U.S. have threatened one another with war over Pyongyang’s decision to defy international
appeals and continue developing nuclear weapons. Russia and China, who have provided
trade lifelines to a globally isolated regime in North Korea, have also opposed its weapons programme
but have been reluctant to back either side in the war posturing.
or achievement

Old 12-02-17, 05:26 AM   #895
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Yet the RIA original (https://ria.ru/world/20171201/1509978423.html), referenced in that story as a source tells a different story.

That narrative (based on the quotes) being that Russia is prepared for eventualities of 3rd parties invading DPRK and thus generating a threat to Russia because DPRK is on Russian border.

Morever, that sort of resolution is viewed as undesirable, when compated to a political or a diplomatical one.

So now DPRK has a full size ICBM, capable of delivering proper sized nuclear weapons to CONUS. What a time to live in.
Old 12-02-17, 05:48 AM   #896
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
What a time to live in
or die in!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 08:17 AM   #897
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

https://rg.ru/2017/12/02/ekspert-knd...rammy.html?tgm
More on the DPRK ICBM tech story.

In short, a Russian expert (head desighner of SLBMs/ICBMs) talks about Ukrainian tech transfer to DPRK.
Old 12-02-17, 09:05 AM   #898
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

On exercises, Far East is the major area of operations, with a major joint command (ОСК Восток) and as a part of it the Pacific Fleet.

This leads to all sorts of interesting exercises being conducted in the area next to Russia/DPRK border, such as this sub on sub one:
https://function.mil.ru/news_page/co...2142335@egNews
(Akula-II vs Delta-III, 3 practical torps launched, Akula-II "won")
Old 12-04-17, 05:35 AM   #899
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1DY0QX

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 08:14 AM   #900
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior