SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-14-09, 01:41 AM   #3031
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Ships Log
SS-157
Patrol 1
June 17, 1942

10:37 Radar reported two contacts bearing 080,081 heading west. 10:39 Ordered all ahead flank, course change by 025 degrees to intercept contacts. 10:41 Visual contact made, contacts two DDs. Sounded battle stations, made for periscope depth. 10:45 Contacts closing, first DD in zig-zag pattern, second DD not changing course. 10:47 Tube one flooded and outer door opened. 10:49 Tube one fired, torpedo run time 15 seconds. 10:47 Number one torpedo detenated on the port side of first DD in the engine compartment, sonar reports port screw on first DD is stopped.Captian reports first DD sinking by the stern. Tube two is flooded. 10:49 Outer door on tube two opened, torpedo fired. Torpedo run time 30 seconds. 10:50 Torpedo number two detenated, sonar reports large explosion coming from target. Cheif of Boat confirms explosion sourse as ammuntion magazine. Sonar reports both targets are sinking. 10:51 Two DDs sunk for 2,430 tons.

Screenshots are here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...08977&page=113.
Old 08-14-09, 02:17 AM   #3032
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Default Inside the tower

Here's a look inside the tower of TMO1.8. Basically the same, officer in shorts. Good thing is most of the dials are clickable and you can drive and dive the sub just using the dials inside the sub without the game icons. The diving angle is improved, really tilts better. I'm headed up now..Just took my Gar down to 600 ft.

Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 10:28 PM   #3033
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

If any of all of you wish to use some of your screenshots for some contest in SHMF, you're more than welcome...
The board with rules, and the two entry threads:
http://www.silenthuntermods.com/foru...php?board=37.0

Notice that you can compete with both SH3 and SH4 screens.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-09, 04:43 PM   #3034
Undefined
Gunner

Downloads: 5

Abandon Sh.. boat!

Underwater

Japs ****ting on me.

Mwuahaha.

Last edited by Undefined; 08-16-09 at 09:50 PM.
Undefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-09, 10:20 AM   #3035
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Nice shots, Flegmatica. Did you know that if you pause it right when you want take the shot, then hit NumLock and then the Del key on the numpad it will remove all of the guages and stuff, plus the 'Game Paused' sign, and let you make a clean picture?
Old 08-17-09, 12:24 PM   #3036
Undefined
Gunner

Downloads: 5

Now i know! Thanks!

E:

One question tough, i would really want to get camera closer to the ships, like through 3D model etc to get nice shots, is this somehow possible?

Last edited by Undefined; 08-18-09 at 12:56 PM.
Undefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-09, 02:08 PM   #3037
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flegmatica View Post
Abandon Sh.. boat!

Underwater

Japs ****ting on me.

Mwuahaha.
Just a reminder, from the first post in this thread:

Quote:
Maximum image size 1024x786, JPG format only.
Thanks

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-09, 04:12 PM   #3038
InFlames666
Watch

Downloads: 14

i don't rember where i was at the time, but i decided to sneek into the enemy's port to shoot some fish in a barrel (i always love to see T3 tankers just sitting still) as i get closer to the port sonar picks up one contact, warship and is was darting all over the place. i pop up the scope to see who is in the port and who the little speed racer is. the port only had 2 good targets(a T3 and a good sized warship) and the warship that is flying around the port keeping uboat at bay turns out to be a PT boat. so i sit a wait too see how the PT runs around untill i find a good little gap i can sneek thou without being heard. so i take it and sneek right past the PT. as i enter the port i pop up my scope once more to see who is in town for the night. when i was all ready i fire 2 sets of 2, one set for each of my targets. as soon as the fish hit the water the larger warship starts ping me but that last for a very short time before he is hit and sinks. so i did take too much time to care about it. both targets are hit and down, but when i last had my scope my up i saw that there was a smaller ship off to the side of the port. so i slowly start turning my sub to line up for a shot from my rear. i come to a stop and pop up the scope to confirm all the numbers and she is all ready to fire with my scope blacked out. i was destoryed. so i go to the other scope and move it up just so i can see under water, and there she is, the PT sitting right over my bow. she was just sitting there, not moveing, nothing. so i fire of one fish to the target i had locked in and it whent down with a perfect keel snapper. so i go to look back to by buddy who seems to be having a BBQ one the back of his boat, he has moved a bit and dosn't seem to care that i fired from right under him. so i start trying to think of a way to get rid of him, running away probly would not work and trying to take him with the gun would not work cuz my gun is on the rear and he is over my bow. so i think back to a time were i was taking a DD on with my main gun, we end up running into eachother and the DD whent up in smoke and split in 2 were i was all fine besided a few hit from the DD guns. so i have a plan. i lower my uboat down a few to the bottom. i look up and he still has not moved at all. so i blow ballast and go ahead flank. SMACK! the side of her hall hits the tower and the bottom lands right on the bow. it sits there for a few short seconds then slides off and keeps going down. i head back to port with the best kill in my book to date.
Old 08-21-09, 04:33 PM   #3039
Raven08
Seaman

Downloads: 80
Default Cruiser

Naka light Cruiser

Seek and Destroy

Waiting Game

Pacific Envrionments

Last edited by Raven08; 08-25-09 at 12:39 PM.
Raven08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 12:43 PM   #3040
ReFaN
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 101

Patrol Log USS Pike

Patrol started at 13th December

Current Date 13th of January, after some rather boring weeks we finally come over our first Merchant, a Small freighter.

18:44 Sonarman Detects a ship going towards us.

19:12 range 1230 speed 12 kts AoB 60 degrees port, fired three torpedoes 1 hit in the Bow, 1 dud and 1 passed under the ship.

23:21 ship still not sunk, surfacing to take care of it.

00:32 Shes finally starting to crack, going down quite fast.

01:12 *Contact with USS Pike lost, captain reported Co2 Buildup due to hatch not opening.*

Love that bug, havent happened it a while tho

Over and Out.

Liverpool is my relegion, Anfield is my church. True believers never walk alone.
ReFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 02:02 PM   #3041
timwatson
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Default floating drydocks

Would any one out there be interested in this topic?

There is a way to reliably gain access to a 33,200 ton naval unit in Scapa Flow....

o. b. Rolfe Hass
timwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 02:54 PM   #3042
timwatson
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Default floating drydocks

If there is a better place to post this topic, please advise....

Or, how does one start a new thread on gaining access to the western approaches to Scapa Flow, and to Loch Ewe?

These are the two locations known to have floating docks, at least during the first 15 months of the war....
timwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 02:59 PM   #3043
ReFaN
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwatson View Post
If there is a better place to post this topic, please advise....

Or, how does one start a new thread on gaining access to the western approaches to Scapa Flow, and to Loch Ewe?

These are the two locations known to have floating docks, at least during the first 15 months of the war....
Are you talking about Silent Hunter 3 ? cause SH4 is about the Pacific submarine war, not the atlantic one, head over to the SH3 Forums and ask there, im sure someone will help ya out.

Liverpool is my relegion, Anfield is my church. True believers never walk alone.
ReFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 01:20 PM   #3044
Gunfighter
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 133
Default Silent Hunter V

The Battle For The Atlantic is About to Begin
Old 08-27-09, 12:20 PM   #3045
Raven08
Seaman

Downloads: 80
Default Pac Environments

Really dig the Pacific Environments 4 Mod...

Tags
screenshots