SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-29-15, 01:08 AM   #1
AZTiger98
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default Medals are backwards?

Has anyone else noticed that on the screen where you select the medals to award crewmen, the list of medals earned by each crewman has the Bronze Star and Purple Heart swapped? After my first patrol, I was allowed to award 2 Bronze Stars and 1 Silver Star. When I awarded the Silver Star, it highlighted the correct medal on the crewman's dossier. But when I awarded the two Bronze Stars, instead of the Bronze Stars being highlighted for each crewman, the Purple Heart was highlighted.

However, when you mouse over the medal, the popup info box says "Bronze Star" over the Purple Heart, and "Purple Heart" over the Bronze Star.

Is there a mod / patch that fixes this? It's kind of annoying to me on a micro-detail level, to see crewmen who were not injured in any way shown as having a Purple Heart instead of a BSV.

Edit: After looking again, it's more than just the Purple Heart and BSV that are wrong. I think pretty much everything is wrong except the Silver Star...at least based on how I can see the images and what the popup box says...
AZTiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 03:48 AM   #2
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Welcome aboard!

I assume you are playing stock.

I didn't fool around with stock too long before using mods. There are innumerable problems with the stock game. If you incorporate a good selection of mods, it will greatly enhance your experience.

If you have version 1.5 of the game, you can use the latest mods; for instance:

Installed/enabled with JSGME
RFB_2.0 (Real Fleet Boat)
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575 (Run Silent Run Deep Campaign)
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Improved Ship Physics 2.15
This provides many improvements with only five mods. RFB (Real Fleet Boat) aims to achieve the most realistic gameplay and changes many elements. RSRDC (Run Silent Run Deep Campaign) changes shipping traffic and missions to historical volume/pattern. Stock has excessive traffic and isn't well configured.

ISP makes the diving, turning, acceleration, battery performance, and sea-keeping of your boat more realistic.

Note that you must have v1.5 of Silent Hunter 4 to run these mods (as most others).

Also, when you install and enable these mods (using JSGME), you should start a new career, and avoid experimenting with a lot of mods within this career. Playing 3 card Monty with mods will likely make for problems.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote