SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-20-15, 10:42 AM   #1
SeaviewSkipper
Loader

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default WANT TO POST THE 1946 FLEET TYPE SUBMARINE MANUAL

Hi everyone. I just saved as PDF files all 21 chapters and all 28 illustrations contained in The Fleet Type Submarine manual that the US Navy released in 1946. I put everything into a file that is 18.4 MB in size. Is there a way I can get that file into a post here so everyone who wants to can copy and enjoy it?
Please let me know. Thanks. Jeff
SeaviewSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 12:01 PM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Anyone can read it online any time they want.
http://www.maritime.org/doc/fleetsub/
Old 01-20-15, 02:38 PM   #3
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

There you go Jeff, just saved you a bit of time If you wanted to you could put Steve's link in your signature,
similar to what I have done with my own.

Fleet Type Submarine Manual-1946

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 04:42 PM   #4
SeaviewSkipper
Loader

Thanks. I don't know how to do that, just like I don't know how to install mod downloads, or much of anything else most people do here. I'm getting frustrated. I need a tutorial on how to use this website. I just thought it would be nice to have all of the chapters and illustrations in one folder so you could look at it if you weren't online. Oh well. I have my copy anyway.
Old 01-20-15, 05:40 PM   #5
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Most tutorials are at the beginning of the forums. Just look at the STICKY, REALLY STICKY, OMG They Make it that WET?,

You can also read actual war patrol reports, which I find fascinating and demoralizing since I alway learn something skippers did in real life that I can not do in my little PC software boat, here:

Patrol Reports and other Ubber awesome things

Many of the mods that we use here are based, at least the realistic ones, on reports o what happened or specifications of how the boat actually worked. There is a good many skippers here on the site who enjoy the game boat to be as real to specs and operations as possible.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Improved Ship Physics 2.6_TMO_RSRDC
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
Classe_Balao_CamoTri
Pacific Sound Mod
Nav Map Make-Over v2.1
NMMO Airbase Add-on
NMMO v2.1 Patch 1 with AB
NMMO Maps Add-on
NMMO Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start Add-on
NMMO Reverse Ocean Colors Add-on
Less Plankton 1.2

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Last edited by merc4ulfate; 01-20-15 at 08:26 PM.
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 06:09 PM   #6
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaviewSkipper View Post
Thanks. I don't know how to do that, just like I don't know how to install mod downloads, or much of anything else most people do here. I'm getting frustrated. I need a tutorial on how to use this website. I just thought it would be nice to have all of the chapters and illustrations in one folder so you could look at it if you weren't online. Oh well. I have my copy anyway.

Give it time and you'll be posting like a pro! It takes awhile.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 09:38 PM   #7
SeaviewSkipper
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Most tutorials are at the beginning of the forums. Just look at the STICKY, REALLY STICKY, OMG They Make it that WET?,

You can also read actual war patrol reports, which I find fascinating and demoralizing since I alway learn something skippers did in real life that I can not do in my little PC software boat, here:

Patrol Reports and other Ubber awesome things

Many of the mods that we use here are based, at least the realistic ones, on reports o what happened or specifications of how the boat actually worked. There is a good many skippers here on the site who enjoy the game boat to be as real to specs and operations as possible.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Improved Ship Physics 2.6_TMO_RSRDC
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
Classe_Balao_CamoTri
Pacific Sound Mod
Nav Map Make-Over v2.1
NMMO Airbase Add-on
NMMO v2.1 Patch 1 with AB
NMMO Maps Add-on
NMMO Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start Add-on
NMMO Reverse Ocean Colors Add-on
Less Plankton 1.2
Hi. Thanks for the information and suggestions. I own, and have read, many books about WWII submarines. Naval and maritime history have been a passion of mine since I watched the Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea TV series when I was a kid. I happen to be a stickler for detail and accuracy. I would like my SH4 experience to be as realistic, and graphically beautiful, as possible. Since I'm also a lover of sailing and the sea, I often just stay on the bridge of my Balao-class boat for 10-15 minutes at a time watching the changing beauty of the ocean and the sky. I especially enjoy the thunderstorms.
So I intend to download and install some of the good mods to enhance the game, after I discover which ones are best and learn how to do so. Peter, "theberbster", has kindly offered to help me. I would like graphically better instruments, if they're available. One thing that annoys me is that you can't just plug-in a specific numerical course, like 045 degrees, using the keyboard. Hunting-and-pecking on that cartoonish compass is Mickey Mouse. I would also like a more realistic diesel engine sound. Less plankton would be great. I don't know why they put so much of it in the game. Enhanced environment and boat physics and graphics would be excellent as well.
I'm very interested in the "TriggerMaru" mod. Would you please tell me what that entails? Thanks.
Didn't mean to ramble on and on.
Old 01-20-15, 09:42 PM   #8
SeaviewSkipper
Loader

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm more concerned about learning how to install and use mods at this point.