SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-15, 11:12 PM   #1
Hambone307
Planesman

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0
Default Odd experience on shakedown patrol.

So I started another campaign earlier today to pass the time at work between EMS calls. I was given the USS Plunger (not wild about the name), and started out on my first patrol. I was sent to the Bandi straight north of manila to patrol for enemy shipping and found a couple of merchants. Deck watch called the contact out, and upon diving to periscope depth, my sonarman wasn't picking anything up.
Thinking that it was just an inexperienced crew member, I threw him to the side and took over the hydrophone station myself. I found to my surprise that the hydrophones weren't working! I knew that the contacts were 034 deg starboard of my bow, but couldn't hear anything.
I continued on, using frequent sweeps with the periscope until I was within range and sent those jap merchants to the deep with the first taking two fish, and the second exploding after one.
Upon returning to manila to complete my patrol, I found that the hydrophone slot on my boat was empty!
Anyone else have this happen on the first patrol?
Old 01-11-15, 11:40 PM   #2
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Are you sure you have no hydrophones?

It could be that you just couldn't hear anything. If the ships are going too slow, you won't hear them. Try and see if you can hear your own screws.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 05:52 PM   #3
Liston
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 22

Hello everyone!
I experienced that occasionally as well (but not atm).
Crew Members vanished without explanation (not injured, there wasn`t even a fight).
Further, when I start a new game, the boat is completely empty. Not one soul aboard.
And there are not enough crew members on stock to fill the boat, if I start a new career, I have to put the crewmen in, save, load, then the crew list is refhreshed and I can drag them to the boat. I have to repeat that about 5 times to get all stations manned.
Annoying.
Liston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 07:49 PM   #4
Hambone307
Planesman

Tried to listen for my own screws, but nothing. Placed the Hydrophone in its slot after the first patrol and haven't had any issues since, but I found it rather odd. I have had deck guns vanish before, but I hardly use them so it takes longer to notice that lack of equipment. Just curious if this was an isolated issue or if others have experienced the same thing.
Old 01-13-15, 11:57 PM   #5
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Are these your mods?
TMO2.5 overhauled
SHIII Warships

You might want to list your exact mod list. JSGME has a function that allows you to export your mod list to the clipboard. Your problems might be a matter of mod soup issues.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-15, 10:13 AM   #6
Hambone307
Planesman

Haven't updated my mod list yet, but the mods for SH4 are as follows:
TMO 2.5
RSRD
Traveller's mod pack
Ship mods pack
Enhanced Environment
ISP 2.0?
and some other random mods that I will plug in when I feel like having some "fun"

Hopped into another porpoise class for another test and had the deck gun missing again. I did change some files in the game myself, may have messed up one of the data files for the initial load out for the porpoise class.
Old 01-14-15, 01:38 PM   #7
suitednate
Planesman

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liston View Post
Hello everyone!
I experienced that occasionally as well (but not atm).
Crew Members vanished without explanation (not injured, there wasn`t even a fight).
Further, when I start a new game, the boat is completely empty. Not one soul aboard.
And there are not enough crew members on stock to fill the boat, if I start a new career, I have to put the crewmen in, save, load, then the crew list is refhreshed and I can drag them to the boat. I have to repeat that about 5 times to get all stations manned.
Annoying.

Maybe they saw some hot naked islander girls and vanished into the jungle with them...
suitednate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-15, 03:48 PM   #8
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Your missing at least two patches and run ISP 2.15.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote