SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-11, 12:31 PM   #61
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 49

I agree with Rowi58, always respect every modder; every work require time and passion from authors, don't forget this.

Btw, if someone want a specific mod, everyone is free to self create it, without criticism and disappoint

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 01:23 PM   #62
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Sorry VonDos,

if it comes a little bit strange. Your great work is allways wellcomed - absolutly.

But i must say, that since the good old tiimes of GWX 1.0, when everyone respect the work of the modders - as Kpt Lehman and all of the entire GWX crew did - and you do it with all your work, - that 's it.

As you does it allways, i want do give credits to all the great contributers to SH3. Sometimeds we do not recognize them as they are hidden in a kind of invisibly.

Hope it 'll getting better with every ship-

Greetings
rowi58

Last edited by rowi58; 03-27-11 at 02:29 PM.
rowi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 06:13 PM   #63
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

I would like to add these ships to my game, but I'm also using OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3 which contains a modified Search_Lights.dat... which would get overwritten by the one in this mod.

I really, really, really don't want to go back to the blinding, OMG MY EYES searchlights I had before getting OLC's mod. Does the Search_Lights.dat included here make any similar adjustment to the searchlight beams, or if not, is there some way to alter some of the settings using's OLC's file as a reference? I've tried comparing the two files, and I know where OLC's file differs from the unmodded GWX version... but the nodes or whatever you call 'em in this new version don't exactly match up line by line so it's not like I can just go in and find the same bits and put in OLC's values, even if that would work.

So...er... HALP!?!?!
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 10:59 PM   #64
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
I would like to add these ships to my game, but I'm also using OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3 which contains a modified Search_Lights.dat... which would get overwritten by the one in this mod.

I really, really, really don't want to go back to the blinding, OMG MY EYES searchlights I had before getting OLC's mod. Does the Search_Lights.dat included here make any similar adjustment to the searchlight beams, or if not, is there some way to alter some of the settings using's OLC's file as a reference? I've tried comparing the two files, and I know where OLC's file differs from the unmodded GWX version... but the nodes or whatever you call 'em in this new version don't exactly match up line by line so it's not like I can just go in and find the same bits and put in OLC's values, even if that would work.

So...er... HALP!?!?!
The SearchLights of these converted ships are Stock-SH3 SearchLights (or modified objects of them - by gerome_73).

I don't know OLC's SearchLights MOD - but i'm sure you can use it. But don't forget to alter the "LinkName" in the EQP files (NodeName=L0x) if OLC's MOD is using different object names for his SearchLights.

Greetings
rowi58
Old 04-23-11, 05:12 AM   #65
kibeldede
Torpedoman

Downloads: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthos View Post
its no use since they are not playble:/ i dont need them...
if you want playable ships, get Chinese U-47's Warship mod. i like these ships, coz i can have some fun making .mis files with them in and watching them fight to the death! You don't like 'em? then GTFO. Learn some respect.

rowi58 and kovall and everyone else who contributed to this effort: thank you. They are perfecto!
kibeldede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 10:36 AM   #66
Missing Name
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 131

I just downloaded the mod. Looks great from the screenshots... but I am somewhat picky.

How can I install only the Flower-class corvette? It's the main file I was looking for, as the Flower class I'm used to seeing doesn't really look like the pictures I have... Could you please help me out?

Read Brag's stuff

Last edited by Missing Name; 04-23-11 at 10:47 AM.
Missing Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 12:16 PM   #67
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowi58 View Post
The SearchLights of these converted ships are Stock-SH3 SearchLights (or modified objects of them - by gerome_73).

I don't know OLC's SearchLights MOD - but i'm sure you can use it. But don't forget to alter the "LinkName" in the EQP files (NodeName=L0x) if OLC's MOD is using different object names for his SearchLights.

Greetings
rowi58
So I can enable it after SH5 Ships, even though it completely overwrites your Search_Lights.dat? OLC's version of that file just alters a few of the values in the GWX version, but yours contains a bunch of completely different entries, and more of them IIRC, so I'm not sure what in your file corresponds to the entries in the other versions.

I'd have to go back and check but I think the only differences I found between the GWX file and OLC's were in one embedded image (which is the same in your file as in GWX) and in the values for all the 'BEAM' entries.

So I'm wondering if I just switch in his version of the embedded image and try to adjust all the 'BEAM' entries in your file, if that would work.
Old 04-23-11, 02:51 PM   #68
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

You are right, Frau Kaleun,

there are some more objects in my SearchLights.dat. But if you are using GWX 3.0, you don't need these additional objects (some tunable directors and a small optical "Richtsäule" i've made for my CCoM and LSH3 some times ago).

Just try it - i'm sure you will get the results you want.

Greetings
rowi58

@MissingName;

if you only want the new "Flower class", just (regarding my MOD):
- delete all folders in "data/Sea" except "NCO_FlowerMOD"
- delete all folders in "data/Roster" except "British/Sea"
- within the folder "data/Roster/British/Sea" delete all files except "COFlowerMOD.cfg"
The other fiiles won't disturb your SH3 installation.

Greetings
rowi58
Old 04-23-11, 03:06 PM   #69
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowi58 View Post
You are right, Frau Kaleun,

there are some more objects in my SearchLights.dat. But if you are using GWX 3.0, you don't need these additional objects (some tunable directors and a small optical "Richtsäule" i've made for my CCoM and LSH3 some times ago).

Just try it - i'm sure you will get the results you want.
So the GWX version of the file, with a few values altered by OLC, but still all the same entries and nodes and whatnot, will do fine? Awesome.

EDIT: Okay, I don't know if I'm doing this right or not.

In the eqp files for the SH5 ships, these are the LinkNames that appear in the entries with NodeName=L0x:

LinkName=REF_big
LinkName=Optic
LinkName=REF_small
LinkName=REF_small01

When I open the OLC Searchlight's version of Search_Lights.dat in S3ditor, and use the filter thingy just to look at all the nodes in it, I find one for each of those except for Optic. I have no idea what node in the file would correspond to that, provided I'm even looking at the right stuff.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 04-23-11 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-30-11, 07:44 PM   #70
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

*bump*

Any hints on the above question about LinkName=Optic? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 04-30-11, 08:09 PM   #71
the_frog
Commander

Downloads: 17

Hi, the OLC searchlight file does not contain the "optic" item (which is a kind of a small rangefinder); the little thing has been done by Rowi58 and one can find it, e.g., in the searchlight file of LSH5. When using other searchlight library files, just replace the "optic" by "NULL" in the eqp file ...

the Frog
Old 04-30-11, 08:13 PM   #72
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_frog View Post
Hi, the OLC searchlight file does not contain the "optic" item (which is a kind of a small rangefinder); the little thing has been done by Rowi58 and one can find it, e.g., in the searchlight file of LSH5. When using other searchlight library files, just replace the "optic" by "NULL" in the eqp file ...

the Frog
Thanks for the info, I'm actually working on adding it to OLC's SearchLights.dat, to see how that goes. If it's a problem (or I've just done a shoddy job of it) I'll try the "NULL" edit instead.
Old 02-06-14, 01:27 PM   #73
WTCC
Swabbie

Downloads: 31

Archive not unpacked
http://unionunabhaengigerwerften.wor...2012/01/22/42/

Give a working link.
WTCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14, 05:53 PM   #74
flag4
Watch Officer

Downloads: 147

...hell. this is complex
Kurt Vonnegut
flag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14, 11:01 PM   #75
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTCC View Post
Archive not unpacked
http://unionunabhaengigerwerften.wor...2012/01/22/42/

Give a working link.
Hi WTCC,

you can download this mod from my MediaFire site too. But you must have 7z to unpack this archive - or any other programm that is able to read and unpack 7z files.

Greetings
rowi58