SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-15-13, 10:50 PM   #1711
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
That language (Russian) just isn't right. Neither is Chinese/Mandarin/Japanese. At least with French, German, and Spanish I can sorta make out what the word infers to or what the sentence is trying to convey.
For the same reason, and we can be difficult to understand other languages. And this is despite the fact that we have a lot of words borrowed from Latin. Great difficulty is the word order: remember how at school he studied German (oh, if I knew what he had to come in handy here!) And teacher We are constantly reminded that the proposal should be waiting to hear the end, otherwise you can properly understand the meaning. In the Russian word order does not matter - meaning of the sentence is clear.
Old 01-16-13, 05:32 AM   #1712
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post

The most right language is Latin
LOL, I started a debate here

Replying to Volodya, there is not such a thing as an overall "right" language, indeed. I think TDW's statement was relative to his understanding of Russian, Mandarine, Japanese, etc. which is obviously affected by his own linguistic roots.

Personally, I am very intrigued by whatever language. Though I haven't ever approached Russian so far, I would like to learn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
For the same reason, and we can be difficult to understand other languages. And this is despite the fact that we have a lot of words borrowed from Latin.
Really? I wasn't aware of it

Quote:
Great difficulty is the word order: remember how at school he studied German (oh, if I knew what he had to come in handy here!) And teacher We are constantly reminded that the proposal should be waiting to hear the end, otherwise you can properly understand the meaning. In the Russian word order does not matter - meaning of the sentence is clear.
This is exacly what I was suspecting, even knowing little or nothing of your language... but at least, with a bit of effort, we understand each other
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 10:37 AM   #1713
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
In the Russian word order does not matter - meaning of the sentence is clear.
This is only possible because we have an infinite number of declensions, cases and verbal forms..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
LOL, I started a debate here
It's your vocation

Quote:
Though I haven't ever approached Russian so far, I would like to learn it.
Welcome
Consult to Silent Steel for the first lesson..

Quote:
Really? I wasn't aware of it
Latin language was the basis for a common European civilization.. and Russia is part of Europe also.. I think so..

Quote:
..but at least, with a bit of effort, we understand each other

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 12:33 PM   #1714
silentmichal
Frogman

Downloads: 241

Quote:
That still doesn't show me anything. I need data, files, pictures, etc. so that I can see what the so called error is. I can import 3D model data from Wings3D with no problems so I would say S3D is exporting the data differently or by it's own rules. I tried to follow the OBJ format standard as best as possible (I don't support everything in the OBJ format).

OK, but now I'm very busy - I'll prepare data, files, etc in few days - And I'm using 3ds Max software. But OK, I'll tell everything in few days .
Old 01-16-13, 12:36 PM   #1715
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
It's your vocation
You think?

Quote:
Latin language was the basis for a common European civilization.. and Russia is part of Europe also.. I think so..
Indeed, our civilization got a common denominator which pemeates it from North to South, and from West to East. On the other hand I was convinced that Latin language never spread that much in the impenetrable Mother Russia

Quote:
Welcome
Consult to Silent Steel for the first lesson..
There are so many languages we can learn from SSteel: I consider him as a sort of living dictionary!
Old 01-16-13, 01:09 PM   #1716
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
On the other hand I was convinced that Latin language never spread that much in the impenetrable Mother Russia
Russia has a very deep historical roots in the relationship with the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. One time (1610-1612) the Poles were sitting on the Throne of Moscow. And a hundred years ago, Poland was part of the Russian Empire.

I mean: Poland - Catholicism - Latin

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 01:49 PM   #1717
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I don't know if I'll finish before I have to leave again for the airports but I started working on adding the ability to add subsets to a mesh
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 02:14 AM   #1718
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
I don't know if I'll finish before I have to leave again for the airports but I started working on adding the ability to add subsets to a mesh
WE LOVE YOU!!!

/ahem... I'm ok...
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 03:48 PM   #1719
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Been working on the ability to add new subsets to a mesh. This ability currently exists but only when you are importing (loose) 3D data to replace an existing mesh. Now I have coded in the ability to add subsets to a mesh by selecting an OBJ file to add to the mesh You are not limited to the number of subsets you can add to a mesh. However many subsets are in the OBJ file are the number of subsets that will be added to the selected mesh. The materials for the new subsets currently will not be created or imported. You'll have to do that manually.

Here I have the small boat GR2 file opened and I'm going to add some new subsets to it.

When you decide to add new subsets to a mesh this is the first window you will see:

Pretty self explanatory. After you click Import you will be presented with an open file dialog so you can select the OBJ file. NOTE: do not select the AO OBJ file. Select the non-AO OBJ file. If you elected to import UV2 data (AO) the app will read the non-AO OBJ file and the AO OBJ file (same file name as non-AO OBJ file but with _AO appended to the end).

I selected an OBJ file that has 5 subsets in it. These subsets are what makes up the periscope. I elected to import UV2 data also as you can see from the screenie above.

And here was the result:

Saved the file. Reopened with app and no problems. Opened with Granny Viewer and no problems. Excellent

This though has exposed something I never thought of. The ability to import subsets is excellent but there is no way to move individual subsets so you can place them where you want. Currently you have to move the entire mesh (which encompasses all of it's subsets). This of course is a slight problem that I am currently pondering how to implement
Old 01-17-13, 04:38 PM   #1720
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Been working on the ability to add new subsets to a mesh.
Excellent, I haven't managed replacing a mesh yet, and you have already implemented to add a new subset!

I am sure silentmichal will be glad about this addition: I was trying to add food hanging from the roof, but he needed them to be a separate subset, in order to be able adding to them a pendulum controller

Quote:
This though has exposed something I never thought of. The ability to import subsets is excellent but there is no way to move individual subsets so you can place them where you want. Currently you have to move the entire mesh (which encompasses all of it's subsets). This of course is a slight problem that I am currently pondering how to implement
Looking forward to this new feature

By the way, have you seen this thread by privateer. Seems he is addressing a possible limitation of your editor, though I couldn't undertsand which one exactly
Old 01-17-13, 04:42 PM   #1721
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I am sure silentmichal will be glad about this addition: I was trying to add food hanging from the roof, but he needed them to be a separate subset, in order to be able adding to them a pendulum controller

That's still not going to solve his problem. A subset doesn't have an ID. Only the entire mesh has an ID.

By the way, have you seen this thread by privateer. Seems he is addressing a possible limitation of your editor, though I couldn't undertsand which one exactly
Yes I've seen it. I don't understand what the 'problem' is. As I've said before I need data, files, pictures, step by step procedure (so I can try and duplicate), etc. to show me what a problem is. Without those then there is no problem.
Old 01-17-13, 05:32 PM   #1722
gap
Navy Seal

May I a suggestion?

Would it be possible adding a function giving the ability to find/replace automatically a string within bones and/or mesh names?

It would be useful when looking for a specific item into big files, or when we need to rename many of them...
Old 01-17-13, 05:37 PM   #1723
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
May I a suggestion?

Would it be possible adding a function giving the ability to find/replace automatically a string within bones and/or mesh names?

It would be useful when looking for a specific item into big files, or when we need to rename many of them...
Excellent idea. How are you thinking it would be implemented
Old 01-17-13, 05:47 PM   #1724
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Excellent idea. How are you thinking it would be implemented
Well, shouldn't bee too different from the usual search/replace function found in most wordprocessors.
Adding a filter to determine where to look for the given string (mesh/texture/bone, etc.) would be a cool feature though
Old 01-17-13, 05:58 PM   #1725
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Well, shouldn't bee too different from the usual search/replace function found in most wordprocessors.
Adding a filter to determine where to look for the given string (mesh/texture/bone, etc.) would be a cool feature though
Support this 100%!
Great idea, gap!
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote