Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-17, 03:23 PM   #1531
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

You know all the arguements are pretty boring and petty.

Btw, did ya hear about Pelosi commenting before the press she couldn't find anything in common with President Bush since his inauguration two weeks ago? Next to speak was Maxine Waters chastising Putin for invading Korea!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 02-07-17, 03:25 PM   #1532
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Tell it to the Grizzly bears.
How about we tell it to the victims of the Bowling Green Mass... Oh right, there was that...

Old 02-07-17, 03:26 PM   #1533
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

And do you know the best thing, August?

This is just the beginning. We're not even three weeks into Trumps presidency...just think of all of the things you're going to be defending in the future! Because this isn't going away, the liberal left aren't going to just roll over and die like the right might hope that they will...sure, the Democrat party seems to have died, but their supporters haven't, and they will protest, and they will lobby, they will run news stories and every time Donald Trump opens his mouth and puts his foot in it, or rage tweets at 2am, he will just give them more and more ammunition to use against the right. Every gaffe, every goof, every flippant remark from Spicer, Conway, Pence or Bannon will be retweeted, reblogged and run on SNL. You can hide in Fox News, you can pretend that it's all just fake news and liberal whinging...but it won't go away, just like Hillarys emails, just like Benghazi, it'll sit there and it will fester.
Enjoy it, because there's at least four more years of it to go, and there's no way to stop it because any news article you use can now be declared as 'fake news' and immediately discarded, it's one of the best plays on the field...and it works for both sides now.
Old 02-07-17, 03:31 PM   #1534
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
You know all the arguements are pretty boring and petty.

Btw, did ya hear about Pelosi commenting before the press she couldn't find anything in common with President Bush since his inauguration two weeks ago? Next to speak was Maxine Waters chastising Putin for invading Korea!

For the life of me I have no idea how this woman continues to keep her office. She must have a great set of pictures of somebody.
Old 02-07-17, 03:33 PM   #1535
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
For the life of me I have no idea how this woman continues to keep her office. She must have a great set of pictures of somebody.
I can't disagree, she really is...different.
Old 02-07-17, 03:34 PM   #1536
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
And do you know the best thing, August?

This is just the beginning. We're not even three weeks into Trumps presidency...just think of all of the things you're going to be defending in the future! Because this isn't going away, the liberal left aren't going to just roll over and die like the right might hope that they will...sure, the Democrat party seems to have died, but their supporters haven't, and they will protest, and they will lobby, they will run news stories and every time Donald Trump opens his mouth and puts his foot in it, or rage tweets at 2am, he will just give them more and more ammunition to use against the right. Every gaffe, every goof, every flippant remark from Spicer, Conway, Pence or Bannon will be retweeted, reblogged and run on SNL. You can hide in Fox News, you can pretend that it's all just fake news and liberal whinging...but it won't go away, just like Hillarys emails, just like Benghazi, it'll sit there and it will fester.
Enjoy it, because there's at least four more years of it to go, and there's no way to stop it because any news article you use can now be declared as 'fake news' and immediately discarded, it's one of the best plays on the field...and it works for both sides now.

The Dems will be using Tea Party tactics! The news will continue to report what they like. Nothing will get done for ANOTHER 4 years. I expect nothing less!

Protest have become the norm. Won't be long before no one really cares about the protests.
Old 02-07-17, 03:41 PM   #1537
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
The district that Nancy represents is I believe San Francisco which translates to the people of that part of our nation have seen fit to elect her and let her represent them

Quote:
Nancy Patricia D'Alesandro Pelosi is an American politician who is the Minority Leader of the
House of Representatives, representing California's 12th congressional district.
Born: March 26, 1940 (age 76 years), Baltimore, MD
Height: 5′ 5″
Office: Representative (D-CA 12th District) since 2013
Spouse: Paul Pelosi (m. 1963)
Previous offices: Representative, CA 8th District (1993–2013), Representative, CA 5th District (1987–1993)
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 02-07-17, 03:45 PM   #1538
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
It's not fake news, it's alternative facts.
Yeah...it's like being a little bit pregnant.
Old 02-07-17, 03:46 PM   #1539
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
I don't know why the Democrats voted against her, but she certainly is incompetent. That much became clear from her hearing.
to be an actual teacher? perhaps, certainly if you base your opinion solely on a 30 second clip, but that is not the post she is up for.

What exactly do you think the U.S. federal education secretary does anyway?

He/she does not teach or establish school curriculum, education is a state responsibility in the U.S.A.

The Secretary sets broad education policy. DeVos has been working on the Michigan Charter school system for over 20 years. By all account, Michigan charter schools, like Charter schools throughout the USA generally out perform public schools, so she has the experience and she has gotten results.

Quote:
So that first point is taken: She is inexperienced in running the sort of shop she's about to take over. But then again, if she's a competent administrator, that's really what the job demands. As education analysts such as University of Arkansas' Jay P. Greene and Reason Foundation's Lisa Snell have told me, the education secretary has relatively little to do, as most federal funds are pre-committed through funding formulas that are difficult to monkey with very much. What the secretary can do is set a broad agenda and a tone. And that, not her lack of credentials, is why Democratic senators tried to "hold the floor" against her. DeVos has been very involved in Republican politics at the national and state levels, where she chaired the Michigan Republican Party and has supported all sorts of school-choice plans.

Given that, Senate Democrats and teachers unions are dead-set against her. The DeVos vote isn't ultimately about whether or not a Detroit billionaire runs a program that accounts for only 10 percent of K-12 spending around the country. (The federal government's influence is magnified by the conditions and rules it attaches to schools that receive any federal money.) It's about DeVos's outspoken support for both the general idea of publicly financed school choice and specific plans.
http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/07/th...upport-betsy-d

again, just politics.

Last edited by Bilge_Rat; 02-07-17 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-07-17, 03:51 PM   #1540
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The Dems will be using Tea Party tactics! The news will continue to report what they like. Nothing will get done for ANOTHER 4 years. I expect nothing less!
Eyup! Tea Party tactics seemed to work this time around, so maybe they'll work for the Dems? Who knows.

Quote:
Protest have become the norm. Won't be long before no one really cares about the protests.
That's usually around the point they turn into riots, but we'll see. We're already pretty much at the point where no one really cares about protests...but, that being said, there is one person who really cares about their figures and ratings, one person who really gets upset when people say bad things about them....and that person sits in the White House right now.
Old 02-07-17, 03:53 PM   #1541
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

BTW, why does no one call out Google on their blatant liberal bias?

I try to google various subjects and all I get are links to liberal media.

But then when I google: "why does google have such an obvious liberal bias?"

I get this:

Quote:
According to a new study reported by The Wall Street Journal, Google's search results tend to lean liberal. "An analysis by online-search marketer CanIRank.com found that 50 recent searches for political terms on Google surfaced more liberal-leaning webpages than conservative ones, as rated by a panel of four people." The Denver Channel reports:

"Minimum wage" tended to yield more liberal results, while "does gun control reduce crime" resulted in more conservative ones. Searches for "financial regulation" and "federal reserve" found mostly nonpartisan links. CanIRank used the opinions of four people to determine how liberal or conservative each website was. For 16 percent of the political search terms studied, no right-leaning results showed up at all on the first page of results. CanIRank noted this could be a problem for democracy. A different study found most people click on one of the first five search results. Users rarely move on to the second page.

A Google spokesperson said in an email to the WSJ: "From the beginning, our approach to search has been to provide the most relevant answers and results to our users, and it would undermine people's trust in our results, and our company, if we were to change course." According to Google, their results are "determined by algorithms using hundreds of factors" and "reflect the content and information that is available on the internet."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/google-...nds-1479760691

can't trust anyone anymore.

The only objective site is still: REAL CLEAR POLITICS.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/
Old 02-07-17, 04:00 PM   #1542
Oberon
Lucky Jack

That's because everything has a liberal bias, even the water you're drinking....

We're everywhere....
Old 02-07-17, 04:02 PM   #1543
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
The only objective site is still: REAL CLEAR POLITICS. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/
Roger that. They have stuff from both sides but they are not trying to sell a view point.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 02-07-17, 04:02 PM   #1544
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
The district that Nancy represents is I believe San Francisco which translates to the people of that part of our nation have seen fit to elect her and let her represent them
She is such a twit.
Old 02-07-17, 04:05 PM   #1545
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Eyup! Tea Party tactics seemed to work this time around, so maybe they'll work for the Dems? Who knows.

That's usually around the point they turn into riots, but we'll see. We're already pretty much at the point where no one really cares about protests...but, that being said, there is one person who really cares about their figures and ratings, one person who really gets upset when people say bad things about them....and that person sits in the White House right now.
It is to the point the riots have become the norm. And have become boring news.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter