Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Is the cat now out of the bag?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46856149
Could well be Sky...

If May loses the vote as predicted and expected I'm hoping a full list of which way each MP voted will be published so they can be held to account by the electorate for their actions. In particular those who vote against it despite their constituencies voting to leave.

They should be held further accountable for making it easier for the crazy gang to get the keys to No 10.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-14-19, 05:41 AM   #8913
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-14-19, 06:23 AM   #8914
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Old 01-14-19, 07:23 AM   #8915
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I am not posting links until Wednesday due to lots of "FAKE NEWS" about like Tory MP's are flocking to May to get the vote through.

Here is how I see it, May will be defeated if its a big one I can not see her lasting six months. If its a moderate defeat she will remain in power as damaged goods. And if its a minor defeat she will go on until she steps down shortly before the next general election.

In the first two cases parliament will do its upmost to remain in the EU. In the minor case take up the extension offer from the EU.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 01-14-19, 12:48 PM   #8916
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Watching the parliamentary debate this afternoon I got the impression in response to one of the questions she could well be gone by April

Old 01-14-19, 12:53 PM   #8917
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-14-19, 06:28 PM   #8918
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

So old Jezzer is going for it by calling for a vote of no confidence in the government, is he aware the chances are not good. Anyway I'm hearing this will change British politics for the better. What a load of dribble, this shower will continual to walk over the voters. You work for them and don't forget it.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 01-15-19, 05:14 AM   #8919
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Icon12

^^ Since Landrover and Jaguar belong to Tata Motors in India, maybe a shift of production to this country would be better?

Seriously does anyone who rejects May's plan at least know what is written in it? Because from what i have to read no one has the faintest idea. Boris Johnson and those 'patriots' slam May for Ireland, i just wonder what they want to do instead? Get out Ireland of the EU by force? If those have their say it will be the end of the UK.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 01-15-19, 05:16 AM   #8920
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
So old Jezzer is going for it by calling for a vote of no confidence in the government, is he aware the chances are not good. Anyway I'm hearing this will change British politics for the better. What a load of dribble, this shower will continual to walk over the voters. You work for them and don't forget it.
To win that vote he needs every member in his party plus every member of all the other opposition parties plus the ten DUP members to vote against the government.

Not gonna happen...simples.

Old 01-15-19, 05:19 AM   #8921
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^^ Since Landrover and Jaguar belong to Tata Motors in India, maybe a shift of production to this country would be better?

Seriously does anyone who rejects May's plan at least know what is written in it? Because from what i have to read no one has the faintest idea. Boris Johnson and those 'patriots' slam May for Ireland, i just wonder what they want to do instead? Get out Ireland of the EU by force? If those have their say it will be the end of the UK.
Tis one big pan of confusion Kai and I'm simply glad that we are coming to the end game whichever or whatever that may turn out to be.

I said a few posts ago that the tide was shifting towards a remain position and I still feel that way but heaven only knows what future relationships will be like.

Old 01-15-19, 06:52 AM   #8922
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Mays defeat is almost certain, but the real question is what they will do after today. Stick with hard Brexit, which i doubt they will, or ignore the referndum and stay in the EU? Big humiliation, an essential display of politician'S disrespect for the referendum, and a triumphant propaganda victory for the EU: Once the EU's, forever the EU's. There is no opting out of its treaties. Long live the EU superstate.

And a second referendum? Would immensely deepüen the rifts and lead to a polarization of civil society that may be really dangegrous for the stability of it. Plus it would rape "democracy's" holy grail: the majority decision principle.

When little kids are too small to play responsibly with matches, you send them on an even bigger playground where they can play with barrels of fuel and open fire. Logical. And where adults act corrupteldy on a limited scale, and you expand their reach and freedoms for decision making, they will not grow the consequences of their corruption and their seflish basic attitude at all, because it is a sane, reasonable world where power-hungry people act good and nicely and nobody seeks to push his priviliges to the max. Dozens and dozens of different cultures and ethnicities - and we are all a happy family.

The answer is not more and more and bigger and bigger state and more and more fat cats - the answer is to cut back states and deny fat cats their playgrounds and give people back their self-responsibility.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-15-19 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01-15-19, 11:19 AM   #8923
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ I'm not sure what will happen after May is defeated tonight (I suspect) but whatever the future holds, matters are about to become very interesting.

One outcome I certainly don't want is to see Corbyn end up with the keys to No 10.

Old 01-15-19, 12:32 PM   #8924
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

One outcome I certainly don't want is to see Corbyn end up with the keys to No 10.

So I take it this money-greedy, revisionist Nazi that you are is against social justice, freedom and equality and everyone being his brothers' keeper and emphatic servant?

Old 01-15-19, 02:45 PM   #8925
Skybird
Soaring

432 : 202 .

Clearer than clear.

More than two thirds against. Any PM with even just a minimum of format and character would step down now immediately.

Quote:
Theresa May says it is clear MPs do not support the deal.
However, she says that "tonight's vote tells us nothing about what it does support, nothing about how or even if it intends to honour the decision that people took in a referendum".
"EU citizens here and UK citizens in the EU deserve clarity as soon as possible," she says, as do businesses and ordinary people.
The focus now is confirming whether the government still has Parliament's confidence, she says, [...]
With a minimum of format and character, I said. It was not meant to imply that the minimum would be met in May's case. Not to mention reasonability, and brains.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-15-19 at 03:01 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics