SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-10, 02:53 AM   #91
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Still can't get the launcher to understand that i dont want to save my games onto the server. Everytime i get to the main menu, it syncs my save games. A few times, it said failed to sync, and i have to reload.

Also, I've had about 5 disconnects so far, probably just my ISP, but while the game says to wait for a reconnect.. i ALT-TAB out and check my browser, and I can surf the web just fine. Go figure.

Only once though has it failed to reconnect, and i had to dump back to the main menu losing progress. I did notice however since the launcher was updated... the last time i got a connection problem the game immediately saved itself. Saved it as AutoSave_Reconnect or something like that. I didn't need to use it though, because it reconnected itself after about 5 seconds.

Maybe it's my ISP, maybe it's the router im using who knows. But as far as this whole thing being transparent.. it's not for me.
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 12:20 PM   #92
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Small report: Been 4 days playing this with my shady cable connection, DRM hasn't given me any problems.
I don't like the scheme
, don't want to upload/sync my saves(I know how to turn it off) but I was expecting at least a few disconnections due to DRM, nothing yet.

Lt.z.S. Barbaros Hayreddin, U-35, 2nd Flot/Kiel, Type VIIB
Oct.29.1939, 2nd Patrol Eastern English Waters
Running SH5/TWOS
piri_reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 02:51 PM   #93
ENtek-IO
Bosun

Downloads: 41

Between Tarjaks and ships R us was my Post where has it gone to???

Guys i got a copy of it and i will re-post it in 5 hours ok? has someone the nerve to explain to me what happened and why??.

I am prity sure i didnt attack anyone in person so wtf!!!??? Are we wandering now on UBis ways here or what?
ENtek-IO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 06:05 PM   #94
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENtek-IO View Post
Between Tarjaks and ships R us was my Post where has it gone to???

Guys i got a copy of it and i will re-post it in 5 hours ok? has someone the nerve to explain to me what happened and why??.

I am prity sure i didnt attack anyone in person so wtf!!!??? Are we wandering now on UBis ways here or what?

Before you wtf yourself into oblivion, read the rules here, please. Be sure when you make your post you do not step across that line.

FAQ & Rules: they have been here longer than you, and they keep this forum from becoming a zoo like most others.

best reagrds
Neal

Old 03-05-10, 06:48 PM   #95
ENtek-IO
Bosun

Downloads: 41

Ironic i am site Admin myself,i know exactly what i wrote , wtf , i used the very moment my post got axed.
I would like to know what was so offending in that post , maybe in form of a PM?
Otherwise i would face the possibility while i reformulate this post to trip the same trap again.

Best Regards.

PS"there was nothing anarchistic in that post."

Ok i re read the forum rules,based on this i would say,my post wasn't exactly deescalating the atmosphere regardless of how indirect it was.
Which is not ok.

Please accept my excuse.

ENteK-IO

Last edited by ENtek-IO; 03-05-10 at 07:09 PM.
ENtek-IO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 06:59 PM   #96
tomwhite56
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 13
Nope! Not even. As if. I'm so sure.

I never buy games new in any case. I figure the game is going to be at least as good if not better due to patches a year from now, and lots cheaper. It's like the idea of buying Windows 7 prior to at least the first Service Pack. Who in the world???

But my refusal to buy the game with the online DRM is definitely a principles question. You shouldn't have to rely on an internet connection to play a game, unless it's an online (multiplayer) game, period. It's very Big Brother of them. I'll be glad to install the game with the registration key that comes with the game, but if, for instance, I want to shut down my internet connection so I can turn off Firewall and close my virus protection to get the most out of my system, I have the right to do it. Never mind if I shouldn't have to or not. It has to do with MY RIGHTS as a consumer.

So I will NOT be buying SH5 as long as the online DRM is required.

tomwhite56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 07:32 PM   #97
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

@tomwhite56

First up and most importantly, welcome aboard. Second 'I did in the world buy win 7' and so far so good re win 7 Totally agreed as are many others regarding the DRM debacle, game is cracked including the update which on looking round the posts, still leaves many issues unaddresed. So what the hell use is the DRM ?

Stickiing with SH3 and the worlds best modders, for now.

If and when UBI drops the stupid DRM idea, fixes the bugs, and opens the game up to those that really care, ie. the modders. And those, that like me rely on them for their enthusiasm and willingness to detail, fix the devs/publishers (mishaps). Mishaps which are payed for I have to add. Then perhaps I will buy the game, then again , SH 8 will have raised it's periscope and we'll be in a cold war era........................... ?

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 07:33 PM   #98
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENtek-IO View Post
Ironic i am site Admin myself,i know exactly what i wrote , wtf , i used the very moment my post got axed.
I would like to know what was so offending in that post , maybe in form of a PM?
Otherwise i would face the possibility while i reformulate this post to trip the same trap again.

Best Regards.

PS"there was nothing anarchistic in that post."

Ok i re read the forum rules,based on this i would say,my post wasn't exactly deescalating the atmosphere regardless of how indirect it was.
Which is not ok.

Please accept my excuse.

ENteK-IO

Sure man, PM me your post and I'll look at it.
Old 03-05-10, 07:44 PM   #99
ERPP8
Commodore

Downloads: 161

I keep forgetting that it's there
ERPP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 07:50 PM   #100
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

@ERPP8

What is where? More to the point where is What ?

Best regards

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 08:13 PM   #101
Herodotus
Sailor man

Downloads: 85

Stepping away from "SH5"'s DRM for a moment.
Just wait for the screams and howls that will erupt when Oleg Maddox releases "Storm Over Britain". Previous "IL2" titles have of course been published by Ubisoft and if the DRM isn't addressed, there certainly will be a storm.
Back to "SH5", yes I bought the game and am enjoying the early Mods already published (thanks guys). A long way from being a complete product, however.
Ubisoft really should look at the business models of GFWL and STEAM (yeah I know, they have their faults and detractors), if anything at all. If they want a direct delivery system, which UPlay really is then they need to remove compulsory online connection at all times. As a DRM solution it is questionable at best (still waiting for Ubersoft to admit the game has been hacked).
Herodotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 11:26 PM   #102
theluckyone17
Captain

Downloads: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
Stepping away from "SH5"'s DRM for a moment.
Just wait for the screams and howls that will erupt when Oleg Maddox releases "Storm Over Britain". Previous "IL2" titles have of course been published by Ubisoft and if the DRM isn't addressed, there certainly will be a storm.
Last I heard, Ubiosft wasn't publishing SoB... 1C is.

Still haven't bought SH5 yet, too. As soon as Ubisoft drops OSP, or at least reduces the need to be constantly connected, they'll get my money.
theluckyone17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 11:37 PM   #103
Herodotus
Sailor man

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyone17 View Post
Last I heard, Ubiosft wasn't publishing SoB... 1C is.

Still haven't bought SH5 yet, too. As soon as Ubisoft drops OSP, or at least reduces the need to be constantly connected, they'll get my money.
Depends if Maddox wishes to appeal to the console crowd with "SoB", as his "IL2: Birds of Prey" was such a success.
1C doesn't have the publishing power of Ubisoft, though I do prefer them as publishers go.
Herodotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 03:02 AM   #104
dnunez
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1

I am having a horrendous time. Played fine yesterday (applied the 1.0.1 patch just after installing), and today I cannot get back into the game - it is stuck during the "Synchronizing saved games" bit on the main menu. The game is totally frozen.

Switching off the 'sync games with server' option in the launcher does not change the behavior.

This was supposed to be fixed on the 1.0.1 patch apparently, but had not effect. tried re-applying the patch and that did nothing. So now I cannot play at all. $50 down the tubes...
dnunez is offline   Reply With Quote