SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-18, 10:17 AM   #121
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

I just want to comment the media's reactions to the German defeat: they are all wrong. Any technically capable footballer seeing the 2nd 45 minutes played against South Corea will notice that:

- Germany had about 70-80% ball possess
- They were mainly in the 16m square with their actions, and so:
- From the numerous chances they had 5-6 goal chances; in brief:
- They were mainly leading the game, but: No goal performed...

That's just bad luck and nothing else. Nothing to do with the players, their capabilities or the coach.

The fact that they lost 0:2 is no mystery of course, they had to mark a goal to advance in the Cup, so like in Poker they went 'All In' at the end and lost, nothing mysterious.

The media have to write their pages, and they write nonsense to fill their duty.
It's totally normal in Football that even with so many goal chances, no goal is made. Re-watch the most important Champions League games and count the goal chances in relation to the goals performed. Even CR7 will miss 1 out of 3 or more when 20m or less from the goal keeper...

Defensive play has much improved when seeing the games of Iran, South Corea and other 'non-favorite' teams. It's the 6-man defense in the back; some c.t's even tell their players to neglect completly the middle play, focusing entirely on counters etc. There are no easy teams anymore, perhaps for the fans, but for sure not for any football player. They don't make underestimations, they are all professional players.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-05-18 at 10:33 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-18, 02:49 PM   #122
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

^ maybe, but something was wrong within the Mannschaft, it really looked like they carried a burden or so. My take is they project much too much into football, even if it's the world cup. Ersatz-Krieg

Now it is 2:1 for Belgium, against Brazil. But the latter still attacks like crazy..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 07-06-18 at 02:58 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-18, 02:56 PM   #123
Catfish

And Belgium wins, 2:1 against Brazil. 2nd half time was crazy, what an effort by Brazil!! The Belgians were on their last legs (does one say that, in english?), but they resisted.

Old 07-06-18, 03:08 PM   #124
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Good riddance, Mr. Neymar. Too sad that you have not made it for an Oscar.
Old 07-06-18, 03:16 PM   #125
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
I just want to comment the media's reactions to the German defeat: they are all wrong. Any technically capable footballer seeing the 2nd 45 minutes played against South Corea will notice that:

- Germany had about 70-80% ball possess
- They were mainly in the 16m square with their actions, and so:
- From the numerous chances they had 5-6 goal chances; in brief:
- They were mainly leading the game, but: No goal performed...

That's just bad luck and nothing else. Nothing to do with the players, their capabilities or the coach.

The fact that they lost 0:2 is no mystery of course, they had to mark a goal to advance in the Cup, so like in Poker they went 'All In' at the end and lost, nothing mysterious.

The media have to write their pages, and they write nonsense to fill their duty.
It's totally normal in Football that even with so many goal chances, no goal is made. Re-watch the most important Champions League games and count the goal chances in relation to the goals performed. Even CR7 will miss 1 out of 3 or more when 20m or less from the goal keeper...

Defensive play has much improved when seeing the games of Iran, South Corea and other 'non-favorite' teams. It's the 6-man defense in the back; some c.t's even tell their players to neglect completly the middle play, focusing entirely on counters etc. There are no easy teams anymore, perhaps for the fans, but for sure not for any football player. They don't make underestimations, they are all professional players.

Bad luck? 7 preparing training matches before the cup going all bad, no improvement seen and no lessons learned between them, no adaptation and refinement added as a consequence? Four of 6 playing halves at the cup having been bad? Seeing the Germans in parts getting played into the ground by their opponents? The other ticki-tacka- team, Spain also failing with showing the same kind of football tactics that now seems to be from the prehistoric age? The Koreans had the right tactic to defeat the German tactic. he Germans copied the Spaniards in the past, but now this Spanish kind of playing is outdated - other teams have found out how to defeat it. Löw lives in the glorious past.

Just bad luck? Are you kidding...?

LINK (German) - A Robust Non-Analysis

Lets not mistake a real crisis with just a minor industrial accident, a mishap. This all came with at least 9 months of announcement.
Old 07-06-18, 06:54 PM   #126
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Good riddance, Mr. Neymar. Too sad that you have not made it for an Oscar.

Youngster Neymar will mature over time, realising that he doesn't need these 'circus acts'. But the sooner, the better...

Too bad that Marcelo's super centimeter precise passes didn't make the difference for Neymar and other attackers.
Belgium did the best game I've ever seen from this team, congratulations

Old 07-06-18, 07:13 PM   #127
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

(...)

Just bad luck? Are you kidding...?

LINK (German) - A Robust Non-Analysis

Lets not mistake a real crisis with just a minor industrial accident, a mishap. This all came with at least 9 months of announcement.

'Bad luck' was my impression after re-watching 2 times the 2nd match half.
But I must admit that the German play was badly slow, as if they were carying some extra weight with them...That's absurd, but it's like ex-keeper Oliver Kahn said after the match (roughly translated): "The trikots of the players seem to have the weight of 1 ton..."

But the best comment from Mats Hummels, re-inforcing my 'bad luck' theory was: "If I make this goal (head goal), everyone will cry a chorus of joy and compliments, if I don't put the ball in we'll speak about how mediocre we are..." (roughly translated). I think that's the point.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-06-18 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-07-18, 06:09 AM   #128
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

England better go out there today and attack attack attack and stop farting around like a lode of peacocks strutting around. And if they loose don't give me that BS about it was to hot along with the rest of their normal worn out dire tripe.

I do not wear rose tinted glasses.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 06:17 AM   #129
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Both my first two picks are now out so I'm thinking (hindsight being a wonderful thing) that the eventually winner will be from the semi final match between France and Belgium.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 06:18 AM   #130
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
And Belgium wins, 2:1 against Brazil. 2nd half time was crazy, what an effort by Brazil!! The Belgians were on their last legs (does one say that, in english?), but they resisted.
Yeas, that is an often used phrase here in the UK

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 10:51 AM   #131
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Clearly some one in England read my post and took note. Better game and a good victory.

Right for the next match forget attack go out there and kill slaughter and take no prisoners.

England 2 Sweden 0

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 10:55 AM   #132
Catfish

^ thanks Jim

And England wins 2:0 against Sweden. I was not exactly sure who I should be for, but Sweden was clearly not as good this time and England deserved to win.

A young team that obviously did not carry any ballast of the past.
Congratulations!

Old 07-07-18, 12:42 PM   #133
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Clearly some one in England read my post and took note.
NO

Same style same approach same philosophy same belief same teamwork what do you mean ? This young team will improve as they progress the only thing that has changed is your view of the Team

Henderson had me little worried in the first 10 min or so. Not for his performance which was excellent. He always looks like he's going to punch someone including the Referee

The clip of the Newcastle fans at half time was hilarious. Did they think it was all over and it was the final ? the beer must be strong over there
Old 07-07-18, 02:48 PM   #134
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default how to 'get your kicks' bby

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED
Clearly some one in England read my post and took note. Better game and a good victory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
I FOLLOW THESE PROCEDINGS WITH SOME INTEREST ...ENGLAND UBER ALLES!
BOLLOCKS! THEY'VE READ MY POST AND ARE IMBUED WITH 'MINNESOTA NICENESS' MOREOVER:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daysWSJ
As we've seen in recent weeks, (ie England's great win over Columbia) the most dramatic moments of the World Cup are the penalty kicks, when the outcome can rest on a showdown between the shooter and the goalie. The ball at eleven metres dead center of the net; the goalie must stay on the line but may lateral R OR L prior to the kick. The best strategy may be not to move at all (mine in college soccer). In a 2007 study of 300 penalty kicks taken against goalies in professional games goalies go left 49.3%; to the right 44.4% and stay centered only 6.3% of the time. Kicks however go left, right or center 32.2%, 28.7% and 39.2 of the time respectively...This means that goalies are much more like ly to stop a kick if they just stay put...which means overcoming a natural tendancy towards action bias and the need to be seen 'doing something; in short: wait for it!
having played goalie against the touring Nigerian national team in '72 <(I'm the good looking guy in row three!)... and tried out for the San José Earthquakes in '75; my expertise is unassailable... and:
PENALTY SHOTS FROM A WORLDCLASS NIGERIAN IBO TRIBESMAN, STOPPED DEAD CENTER AMIDSHPS( on my stomach), REALLY HURT bby!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 04:10 PM   #135
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

And so Russia is out over penalty.