SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-07-14, 06:22 PM   #1
haz
A-ganger

Downloads: 1401
Uploads: 0
Default return to sh 3

its been quite awile since i played sh3,and need help im not the best sub skipper enemys pretty safe from me,but would like to try a mega mod that is easier to seart with and works its way up thru the war,gwx while good seemed a bit the same in early war and late for sonor etc,maybe my imagination but any recommendations?Capt.Haz saying-the enemy is safer from me then i am from them
haz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 11:51 AM   #2
jakethescot
Engineer

Downloads: 904

I know it might be a hassle, but I suggest trying all of the super mods and using the one you like best. Anyone can tell you GWX or NYGM or LSH is the best. That's the easy part. That's also based on their personal preference. The only way to know what works best for you is to just try them all and decide what YOU like.
My personal favorite is NYGM. But, that's just me.

Old 03-09-14, 01:43 AM   #3
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

I like Nygm but I also like GWX they both bring much to the game and its hard to choos which one I like over the other.
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 12:50 PM   #4
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz View Post
its been quite awile since i played sh3,and need help im not the best sub skipper enemys pretty safe from me,but would like to try a mega mod that is easier to seart with and works its way up thru the war,gwx while good seemed a bit the same in early war and late for sonor etc,maybe my imagination but any recommendations?Capt.Haz saying-the enemy is safer from me then i am from them
Give them all a spin and compare against what is your personal preference....they are all worthy of an installation IMO.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 05:43 PM   #5
Friscobay
Mate

Downloads: 47
SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethescot View Post
I know it might be a hassle, but I suggest trying all of the super mods and using the one you like best. Anyone can tell you GWX or NYGM or LSH is the best. That's the easy part. That's also based on their personal preference. The only way to know what works best for you is to just try them all and decide what YOU like.
My personal favorite is NYGM. But, that's just me.

Aye. For my part, I mastered [ and tough it was, never being a Trig wizard ], the games in their stock version outside of SH5. It is easy to see why 3 was considered the best in stock for ease of play and for a lot of players , simple interfaces including damage control. [ the ''cutaway boat'' of 3 as opposed to 4 is an especially good touch ]. Basically, it was to place my boat into a supreme position facing into the T against an enemy C2 and then save.

Then fire, miss and re-load.

Then miss again.[and re-load the game this time ].

over and over even at dead stop. Or 1/3d ahead.

And then, the light dawns. Hit 1. Hit 2, Hit 3 and she is down by the bow.

Being a real ex-swab helps somewhat, but this went beyond all of the feeble skills I ever had being a surface snipe.

I tell newbies to the world of SH to try them all in their stock versions. Get free history lessons while you learn as most players I have spoken to wanted to learn more about the unterzeebooten and Japanese warship types who had never played such games before. And the mods are always there ready for install. My always and eternal chapter-and-verse is:

''I will tell you right now that SUBSIM has the best mods. Their men have given much to offer you a better game than you ever played before in a sim. So kick them down a few bucks before you download. Become a member. Stick around''.
Friscobay is offline   Reply With Quote