SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-09, 11:50 PM   #1
Crunch Troll
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Multiple messages about base change (GWX 3.0 Gold)

Hi!

I have just recently started using the Grey Wolves mod (3.0 Gold specifically) after playing SH III for some time.

With the addition of other starting flotillas, I decided to choose 7th/13th as I usually transfer to the 7th after it is available in regular SH III.

My second patrol in area AO98 (next to Konigsberg and containing Danzig) with 7th/13th began in the last week of August 1939 so I stayed on station in order to attack as soon as possible.

When 39 Sept 01 0000 rolled around, I started getting messages about base changes alternating Kiel and Konigsberg at a rate of about 8 per minute.

After doing some searching on the board (for keywords "base change multiple messages", the only messages I could find concerned GWX 2.1 and was supposedly fixed in GWX 3.0. From these messages, I know the error is likely caused by a data file that listed my homebase for 39 Sept as both locations.

To ensure this was not a one time occurence, I went to a save point a couple days prior and played up to this point making a couple of save points within a couple hours of Sept 01. This issue reappeared on all three save points tested.

I would rather not go through an entire month of base change messages (at 8 messages/minute or 11520 messages/day). Might miss something importart, like when I can shoot at someone. Or not shoot.

Has someone run into this issue with GWX 3.0 and more importantly, is there a fix?

Game Information
Windows XP SP3
SH III DVD - USA version (I presume that is the version Canadians get)
Patch 1.4b
GWX 3.0 Gold with following mods added (in this order):
- 16km Atmosphere
- English Nav Map and Grid Refs (I can read German but am lazy)
- Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
- Enhanced Damage Effects
- Integrated Orders
- No Medals on Crew
- Lite Harbour Traffic
- Open Hatch Mod
- VIIC/41 Player Sub
- Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
- Alternative Flotillas

If any further information is required, just ask and I will do what I can.
Crunch Troll is offline   Reply With Quote