SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-13-18, 04:52 AM   #1
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

About this loading bar!
I saw once in the sh3.exe where are the coordinates, but passed as not important for me.
If there is demand, I can find that and add to my patch.
So, you can move the loading bar where you want on the screen.
Old 06-14-18, 04:45 AM   #2
ThePrody
not dead yet

Downloads: 130

I like the mod, i was also using a modified Ahnenerbe GUI mod but the full screen maps from your mod are a huge improvement .
Just a small observation : the night filter only affects the Navigation Map, i tried the old night filter and its the same thing, the Attack Map remains bright during the night, is there any way to change that ?
ThePrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-18, 01:07 PM   #3
Brodaga222
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrody View Post
I like the mod, i was also using a modified Ahnenerbe GUI mod but the full screen maps from your mod are a huge improvement .
Just a small observation : the night filter only affects the Navigation Map, i tried the old night filter and its the same thing, the Attack Map remains bright during the night, is there any way to change that ?
Hi! I'm not sure if it's possible to make a night filter on the attack screen. It can be added, but it will not turn on/off (It will be displayed day and night). I will try to make it in the next versions
Old 06-15-18, 04:09 AM   #4
ThePrody
not dead yet

Downloads: 130

In the original Ahnenerbe mod, the Attack map has an "evening" look, its not as bright as the day navigation map, i think it will be nice if you can make that change , the Attack map being so bright at night doesnt look good.

Navigation :

Attack :

Also, i remember trying a red night filter with the original mod and it affected the attack map also albeit not in a desirable way, the map became pink and the 1500m bearing overlay around the uboat was not visible anymore .

Now, with the full screen map the red night filter has no influence over the attack map,if anyone is interested , it looks like this on the nav map :

ThePrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-18, 03:23 AM   #5
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201
Uploads: 0

Awesome GUI, is it somehow possible to scale it down to 1680x1050 since this is the highest resolution my monitor supports? I would do it myself but are there things I have to watch out for?
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-18, 01:16 PM   #6
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodaga222 View Post

1. Fullscreen Navigation Map
2. Fullscreen TDC

thats it ! Bravo Brodaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

About this loading bar!
I saw once in the sh3.exe where are the coordinates, but passed as not important for me.
yes Tycho ....go for it please ! Also , can you locate the color of the loading bar at the main (first) loading screen ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 10:55 AM   #7
Baraa22
Swabbie

Downloads: 27
Default 3d engine error

When i opened the game after mod instaliton the game crached and show me an error (can not intlize 3d engine) please help me!!!
Baraa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 11:27 PM   #8
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 848

1.Yes
2. After
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 05:49 PM   #9
PirateKaluen
Swabbie

Downloads: 53
Default Trouble with the Instillation

so when i get the the "preparing supplement mod" part of the installation it says "Extract the Supplement to V16 Mod archive" i have no idea what your talking about, and then can you help me figure out what they say after that please, its "Put the patched sh3.exe into that mod (into the same folder where the 4 DLLs are
located)." i also don't know what they mean there. anyway thanks and please help.
PirateKaluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 01:14 AM   #10
all_my_loving
Watch

Downloads: 144

http://www.mediafire.com/view/05rkkg...50-02.png/file
How do I change the font color to prevent confusion among the background color?
all_my_loving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 04:57 AM   #11
Capn'Cy
Nub

Downloads: 5
Default Map split/tear problem?

Hi I'm new to the subsim world, and this is the first mod I've tried for SHIII! So I'm having a problem where both the navigational and attack maps are splitting in half and having scaling issues. Is this a common problem that's been fixed or is something screwy on my end? Any help would be much appreciated!!

Last edited by Capn'Cy; 03-25-21 at 05:37 AM.
Capn'Cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 12:17 PM   #12
Brodaga222
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipersHunter View Post
Awesome GUI, is it somehow possible to scale it down to 1680x1050 since this is the highest resolution my monitor supports? I would do it myself but are there things I have to watch out for?
This is possible, but requires completely rewriting the entire mod. It will take a very, very long time and effort
Old 06-19-18, 01:33 PM   #13
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodaga222 View Post
This is possible, but requires completely rewriting the entire mod. It will take a very, very long time and effort
This is unfortunate.

I guess I could resacle the pictures myself, I guess this is the easiest part. But i know there are also alot of "config" files which place the elements. How could I get the correct position, which I have to enter there? Just set a value and try and if it does not work set another one and try again? So trial and error?
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 12:08 PM   #14
Brodaga222
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrody View Post
In the original Ahnenerbe mod, the Attack map has an "evening" look, its not as bright as the day navigation map, i think it will be nice if you can make that change , the Attack map being so bright at night doesnt look good.

Navigation :

Attack :

Also, i remember trying a red night filter with the original mod and it affected the attack map also albeit not in a desirable way, the map became pink and the 1500m bearing overlay around the uboat was not visible anymore .

Now, with the full screen map the red night filter has no influence over the attack map,if anyone is interested , it looks like this on the nav map :

Later I will change the night filter for the attack map. The night filter no longer affects the attack map because there is another file for it Night_filter_Attack Map.tga

Please send me a red filter. I'll add it as an optional mod
Old 06-14-18, 12:47 PM   #15
Brodaga222
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

About this loading bar!
Hi Tycho!

Thanks for the patch! Without it, I would not make a fullscreen navigation map and TDC.

Do it if you have free time and a desire for it. But I do not consider this very important, necessary. I'll add it as an optional mod. I saw a patch that moves the load bar down. He was with the Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 for CCoM 11.1 (by Wurmonkel). Maybe this will help to find the right value in sh3.exe:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hj37m7...M_11.1.7z/file