SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-16, 07:30 PM   #391
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Depends on your rig specs.
Mine is around 2 minutes from the saved game loading.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-16, 11:04 PM   #392
BooBooLovesAll
Helmsman

Downloads: 32

Just did the first patrol (the training one).

There is no way to keep more than one tube open for a quick torpedo launch? (My memory is a bit fuzzy, but, I think there was an issue with the original SH3 and torpedo tubes)

The dry docks are... interesting.

Love the mod though. Huge improvement.

Last edited by BooBooLovesAll; 02-07-16 at 12:17 AM.
BooBooLovesAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 01:50 PM   #393
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208

First question: As Peter said; but for me, 1.5 min from "Gamestart" in SH3 CDR for LSH3 2015 and 2min from "career/saved career/load save" in main menu.

Second question: Yes you can, but only from the "Attack Map". Any tube, any combination of tubes, or all tubes, can be opened separately with the "Q" key and closed individually with the "W" key.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 04:34 AM   #394
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

There are 3 places to open all the tubes manually :

-in the command room, right clic on the attack officer or use the free camera and you will see the selector above the table.
-on the coning room, use the camera and you will see the selector above the table.
-on the coning room, clic of the attack periscop or use the camera to moove behind and you will see the selector down the persiscop
ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 04:54 PM   #395
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114

Keep in mind manually selecting any open tube in periscope view will close the open tubes, with the exception of the one you clicked on IIRC. Hate that 'feature', but oh well...
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 05:06 PM   #396
siege00
Officer

Default Neutral Ship Lights at Night?

Can anyone confirm whether neutrals have ship lights at night in LSH2015?

I've only come across 1 neutral at night so far, a Russian in Sept. 1939, and he was running without lights and was almost torpedoed for the trouble. I had to get to within less than 100 meters to see the hammer and sickle on the flag it was so dark.

If LSH15 doesn't have neutrals lit up at night, is there a mod that can fix that? Or did I find a random neutral that was running dark?

TIA,
Siege
Old 02-08-16, 06:22 PM   #397
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208

Default That's strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege00 View Post
Keep in mind manually selecting any open tube in periscope view will close the open tubes, with the exception of the one you clicked on IIRC. Hate that 'feature', but oh well...
Not if you fire the selected tube before selecting another one. At least that's how it works in my installation. I can even change the tube selection before firing, between a forward tube and the aft tube, or vice-versa, w/o having the first one close when I open the second one...makes it handy when engaging a convoy from inside the convoy.

I've only seen neutral C-2 Cargo ships and Hospital Ships with running lights and deck lights. IIRC, the 2010 Manual said those were the only ones that were illuminated; that probably hasn't changed. Sorry, don't know of any MOD to change that either.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 11:23 AM   #398
THEBERBSTER

Hi siege
Liking the OLC Widescreen mod a lot that you recommended.
The stopwatch you mentioned is not independent and only works when the U-Jagd is used.
Having the U-Jagd now is a nice addition and will certainly be used.
There is no manual on/off TDC switch in the attack periscope station, however the switch in the attack map can be set to start in the on or off position.
Many nice features especially a big improvement with the tools, although I do miss the large compass from the widescreen mod , I will have to start using waypoints rather than compass and rudder.

Peter
Old 02-10-16, 07:22 PM   #399
siege00
Officer

Hi Berbster,

Glad you're enjoying it. I've always loved OLC style GUI's, they are really great with functionality. Maybe someone will post an update that includes a large compass, because you're right about that being a really nice to have item.

In regards to the TDC being able to be switched on and off, with OLC, anytime the TDC buttons are showing via his switch, you're able to edit the dials manually. The switch toward the bottom right, next to the officers will pop open a TDC panel (manual mode while it's showing) and another click will hide it (back to auto-update and tied to the periscope) and you should be able to open that from any screen. You may have to have manual targeting selected in the options to make it work properly (I can't remember). Also there is a small button in the middle of that panel that will pop open OLC's implementation of the Attack Disk (front side only and missing a dial). There is another mod that works on top of it that you can find here: http://www.marinesims.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=15304 (German language only but pretty self explanatory) or can be popped into Google translator for a very rough translation. I've used that mod without any problems and there's even a tutorial (again in German) underneath it that shows you how to use that implementation. Maybe I'll post the instructions in english here and credit back to the original page, but I don't know about copying the mod to subsim since I'm not the author of it.

Also, in case you didn't find it, the button on the left side of the messages window (opposite the TDC switch) will enable slide out panels on the left that give you all the standard controls.

Hope this helps and provides you with another piece of the pie.
Old 02-11-16, 05:26 AM   #400
THEBERBSTER

Hi siege
Thanks for the info.
I found what I was looking for which was called 'Toggle TDC update' > Shift + T
There is also CTRL + L > 'Solution to target' but I cannot see where the solution is?
Another strange one is the stadimeter puts its data on the face of the U-Jagd which makes it difficult to make out the information.
Ship identification is very good and the way the recognition manual pops open at the correct page is a nice touch also.
Peter
Old 02-11-16, 10:05 AM   #401
siege00
Officer

Yeah. The OLC interface was primarily designed for pure manual targeting using the scope wheels and accepting input into the TDC controls that appear when clicking the switch.

You can find OLC's video tutorials here which are really good: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1112

Tailmange did a pretty good video on Youtube using OLC GUI, not exactly the same as the LSH3 interface but pretty close:

I've discovered that the only differences between the videos and the LSH implementation is that the recognition manual is different and where the controls show up is different (I think OLC vid matches). When using the rings, when you get the mast height in marks, you have to compare it against 2x the mast height listed in the recog manual (OLC's mast heights were actually doubled in his recognition manual IIRC) ie. master height is 23.1 then you would compare against 46.2, and reading only half of the horizontal marks to determine AOB. You can practice this in the torpedo training mission to confirm. In OLC's vid he also shows how he uses the Attack Disk.
Old 02-18-16, 05:10 AM   #402
Kumando
Commodore

Downloads: 283

I think my game is messed up, just got an air raid in 1939 in Whilelmshaven and before this i made the first mission in the training flotilla, transfered to the 2nd flotilla and exited the game, then when i started the 2nd patrol got teleported to the west coast of africa lol, wich then i aborted the patrol and got teleported back to the base and got a iron cross medal lol, i dont think this is normal at all.
Kumando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-16, 10:52 AM   #403
THEBERBSTER

Hi Kumando
1st mission is the Eprobungstelle testing mission from Stralsund.
This sometimes can glitch and you find yourself as you say in Africa although you can see that this is incorrect as it shows Stralsund as your starting point.
Do not make any changes at all to the crew or equipment before completing the test mission.
It is also important as in the instructions to have visited the naval academy to set your game data up.
After completing the test mission you pick up the telephone and request a transfer to the 2nd flotilla Wilhelmshaven.
Exit the game before starting your 2nd mission.
When in the office now you can safely make any changes you want.
The 2nd mission should start in Wilhelmshaven where as you correctly say you are caught up in an air raid.
Peter
Old 02-18-16, 11:42 AM   #404
Kumando
Commodore

Downloads: 283

Do i have to complete the exams in the naval academy before the test mission?
Kumando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-16, 02:41 PM   #405
THEBERBSTER

Hi Kumanso
No I do not think so IIRC.
When the game is installed just enable the main mod (essential) and wide screen mod (optional) as well.
Load the game through commander and go to the naval academy.
I chose the navigation tutorial as it was a good way to get used to the boats controls.
Doing the tutorial adds a bonus amount of renown which you can use after the testing mission (start of misssion 2).
When finished enable the rest of your mods.
If using the HSIE then the mod needs to be disabled before making any changes.
Peter