SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-08-08, 01:44 PM   #271
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Default WIP Shots of Schnellboot Skin

Hey kids, here's a couple of WIP shots of the hi-res skin I'm working on. The skin shown here is 1024x1024. The original skin is 2048x2048, but it won't load up in game... or I just didn't have the patience for it to load (after the load-bar stood still for 10 mins I ctl alt deleted). I don't see why though, 2048x2048 skins load fine on the player sub models.

Anyway, heres some shots of a simple skin in Schnellbootweiss (Speed Boat White), which is what the majority seem to have been painted in. Still have a lot to do on it, though.

Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 02:14 PM   #272
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Looking good Boris
As ever

Variations on markings\colours

http://www.prinzeugen.com/SBOATIND.htm

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 02:17 PM   #273
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

Cheers BBW! That should give me a lot to work on.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 02:26 PM   #274
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Great work Boris!

It'd be great if someone could touch up the model a bit though. Aside from the length, there's parts of it just begging for more a bit more detail, and it would be great to have the railing fixed up a little bit, too. But this is all a great start!

Here's a great plan someone could use for reference by the way: http://www.collectrussia.com/sBoot/lateplan1.jpg

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 03:10 PM   #275
CCIP
Navy Seal

So are you ready to release the screen yet?

Also, have you tweaked the damage for this new version? I actually was going to mention how hard it seems to damage the boat's systems. In my recent patrols, my boat was usually destroyed (by hull integrity going down to 0) before any of the systems in it went offline...

-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 02-08-08, 03:36 PM   #276
CCIP
Navy Seal

Yea, this is what I thought as well (I've worked on zones.cfg for RuB in my day, too )

I actually changed some of the settings in there last night, but haven't had a chance to test them yet. I also boosted up the 37mm efficiency for good measure.

-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 02-08-08, 03:57 PM   #277
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Things you really don't ever want to see:

I was on patrol just outside of Southend when I'd spotted a tribal destroyer. As I didn't want to tangle with it I laid doggo and hoped it would miss me.

No joy.

Yanno, those things can catch up to you in a stern chase!

I found the same thing with these as I did with the elcos: I managed to flak gun it to pieces; took out all of her offensive armament, d/c racks included . . . but she just wouldn't slow up, or sink! This was a half hour engagement. I couldn't out-run her, and until I'd swept her decks clear of anything that could shoot back at me, trying to torpedo her would have been suicide.

Once I did clear her decks, though . . .

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd like to try adjusting some warships for this with hulls and superstructures that react to flak damage.
Old 02-08-08, 04:07 PM   #278
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I've tried waterline shots, yes. With that %$^# eloc yesterday I plastered somewhere upwards of 200 rounds into her bow waterline, and just got my efforts laughed at. I'll keep trying it out though.

Visibly it looks as if the rounds just visually impact with no damage impact; like deck gunning a lighthouse. --grins-- I'm wondering if the damage zones for the ship hulls and superstructures were made to be moderately invulnerable to flak attacks. Guess I'll find out.

Also, does anyone have any idea where I should try looking to make ships auto-attackable by flak guns, like you can do with the deck guns?
Old 02-08-08, 05:12 PM   #279
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Oh well. My seventh patrol was not my lucky one. Spotted a convoy in the dead of night and made a perfect run in. Sank a whale factory ship!

Then starshells all over the place and I was spotlighted like a deer. Tried to evade and run but four minutes after launching against the whale factory ship I was splattered all over the waves.
Old 02-08-08, 05:32 PM   #280
CCIP
Navy Seal

It's shells.zon. I've tweaked that, but haven't totally had a chance to try it yet.

-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 02-08-08, 06:24 PM   #281
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Did a few more patrols with the S-Boot mod. I was wondering, would it be possible to change the ownship symbol in the navmap from a sub to warship symbol? Also, will the loadout screen get the S-Boot graphic? I see all this cool work being done for the other screens, I just hope the loadout screen isn't forgotten.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 06:45 PM   #282
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

LOLOLOL!!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was working on a single mission and was testing it out. I got bombed by an aircraft. It went off just feet to one side . . . and my S-boot literally rolled sideways four or more times!! I mean, all the way round and round and round four to six time before finally rolling back onto her keel!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It was hysterical!! And happened so fast I didn't have time for a screenhot.

Got a quick question I hope someone can answer: in this lil mission of mine I have a German AI U-boat on the surface. But it just sits there dead in the water (I gave it a speed and waypoints) plus has no crew manning the flak stations. Eh?

Is there something special I have to do with AI subs to get them to move and to man the flaks?
Old 02-08-08, 06:46 PM   #283
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
I can do it but if you have a map contact that is supposed to be a sub, it will show as a warship
For the second, if you mean the "shopping" screen it's half done, the profile shows about the same as on the damage screen, I just need to change the graphics of the updates (engine and stuff) and their position to fit
Ok, I didn't know it would change all the other U-Boat icons. On the loadout screen, I was talking about when you are on patrol and press the "I" button to bring up the screen to place torpedoes into tubes or drag external torpedoes into an internal spot.

On a different note, I had decided to check out the Museum. I don't know if this is already known or not, but I thought I would bring it up anyway. I clicked the IIA in the Museum and this is what I got.

I don't know what, if anything, can be done to bring the S-Boat to the surface. I just thought it was a funny little quirk.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 06:56 PM   #284
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 24

LMAO
sh3rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 06:58 PM   #285
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 24

How about a link to the newest beta? I'd like to try out those nice loading screens.
sh3rules is offline   Reply With Quote