SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-12-09, 05:09 PM   #4906
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Ok will try to follow your advice!

After reading it for so many times that radio message is starting to have a counter-productive effect on me, though. Every time I read it i feel so... inferior

As a small tribute to all of you guys here a screenshot of my worst enemies so far, those boats are like bulldogs and are so small that they are not worth a torpedo.

GWX rocks!
Why not try the small coastal freighter?

They can often make an 'interesting' adversary

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 05:48 AM   #4907
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339
Uploads: 0

But it looks so harmless, jimbuna. *famous last words*

As I missed my Type II boat so much, I deleted the Type VII career (Goodbye Peter Hasenberg) and started a new one. On 100% realism settings this time, only the map update is enabled.

May I introduce to you: Bert von Zollern, a brother of the famous and deceased Kurt von Zollern. His ship is the U-10 and has the correct "Pig with Umbrella" emblem of the original U-10.

I wonder what the story behind that Emblem is...

And in case i didn't mention it before: GWX with SH3Commander rocks!

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-09, 09:00 PM   #4908
jdkbph
Captain

Downloads: 104
Default Map symbols

Does anyone know how to get the ship-shaped map symbols back? Running GWX Gold and they seem to have been removed. I believe they are part of the ship file sets in the SEA folder (xxx_shp.tga perhaps?) but I'd hate to think I'd have to restore and rename each one individually. Is there a mod or some easier way to do this?

Thanks JD
jdkbph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 06:58 AM   #4909
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

They should appear when you are within visual range.

If you want the tails and colours back try the 'contact colour' mod available from my GWX3.0 FF account (link below my sig).

Old 12-01-09, 04:48 PM   #4910
jdkbph
Captain

Ah. They don't. Could it be OLC Gold doing that?

And thanks for the DL link....

JD
Old 12-01-09, 05:32 PM   #4911
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkbph View Post
Ah. They don't. Could it be OLC Gold doing that?

And thanks for the DL link....

JD
As in the previous post.....time to make a choice

Old 12-01-09, 08:25 PM   #4912
jdkbph
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
As in the previous post.....time to make a choice
Indeed. I hope I don't cause any offense if I choose to play the game my way?

Seriously though. The advice and the links... much appreciated.

JD
Old 12-09-09, 05:11 PM   #4913
vigilante
Watch

Downloads: 51
Default Bearing indicator is gone

Hello guys.
After playing many times the official SH3, I've just installed GWX3, which is a fantastic super-mod, but I have a problem there.
I can't see the sub's bearing indicator on the map. I mean I can see the small circle around my position, but not that small line that use to show the current direction. Also the ships/planes, no bearing indicator there too.
I know I have to replace some .tga files, I've tried to find the ones, but no luck. would you give me a hand please? Thank you very much and good hunting.
vigilante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 05:55 PM   #4914
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilante View Post
Hello guys.
After playing many times the official SH3, I've just installed GWX3, which is a fantastic super-mod, but I have a problem there.
I can't see the sub's bearing indicator on the map. I mean I can see the small circle around my position, but not that small line that use to show the current direction. Also the ships/planes, no bearing indicator there too.
I know I have to replace some .tga files, I've tried to find the ones, but no luck. would you give me a hand please? Thank you very much and good hunting.
Hi Vigilante. We removed the directional tails from all contacts because it really gives the player too much detailed information about distant contacts such as convoys etc. (Making it too easy for players to intercept enemy shipping... and contributing to entirely unrealistic tonnage hauls per patrol.)

You can replace the contact tails with this mod from Melnibonian's FileFront page: http://www.filefront.com/13424066/Co...for_GWX2.0.rar

However, I encourage you to run one or two full patrols before you re-enable the contact tails. (Getting tonnage too easily will make you bored with the SH3 and GWX anyway. )

Good hunting.
KL

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 10:43 PM   #4915
harleyguy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Help ! Please !

HI, I'm new to sub sim, I've been playing SH3 for a while and I am trying to install GWX 3.0 and I have tried following the instructions to the "T" and keep getting this:
access violation at address 00409942
Write of address 00400000. After uninstalling and installing 5 times I could really use some help. Thanks.
John~
Old 12-10-09, 01:19 AM   #4916
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyguy View Post
HI, I'm new to sub sim, I've been playing SH3 for a while and I am trying to install GWX 3.0 and I have tried following the instructions to the "T" and keep getting this:
access violation at address 00409942
Write of address 00400000. After uninstalling and installing 5 times I could really use some help. Thanks.
John~
Hi Harleyguy.

When you would uninstall the game, did you use the disk to uninstall... and following the uninstallation did you reboot your PC?

Also, did you download your copy of SH3 or do you have a disk copy?

Additionally, is your copy of SH3 already patched to version 1.4? (If it isn't, you will need to patch it.)

(PS: It may be tomorrow evening before I can reply again... unless someone beats me to it.)

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-09, 04:29 AM   #4917
vigilante
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
Hi Vigilante. We removed the directional tails from all contacts because it really gives the player too much detailed information about distant contacts such as convoys etc. (Making it too easy for players to intercept enemy shipping... and contributing to entirely unrealistic tonnage hauls per patrol.)

You can replace the contact tails with this mod from Melnibonian's FileFront page: http://www.filefront.com/13424066/Co...for_GWX2.0.rar

However, I encourage you to run one or two full patrols before you re-enable the contact tails. (Getting tonnage too easily will make you bored with the SH3 and GWX anyway. )

Good hunting.
KL

Sorry buddy, I've appplied Contact Lines Mod via JSGME, but it doesn't happened anything. I should install it manually, it's not JSGME ready?
I really would like to have that directional tails, not so much for targets, but at least for my own sub. I tried to compare the stock installation with GWX installation just to get that missing trail, but no luck
Few years ago I worked for a while on a real military submarine, we had to evaluate and replace the batteries pack. We had the opportunity to make a few tests submerged in order to check the old batteries and the ships around us were identified with course, speed, bearing, just like in stock SH3. Of course, it's a modern sub, Kilo class.
Good hunting!

Old 12-10-09, 06:44 AM   #4918
vigilante
Watch

Solved. Case closed, thank you.
Old 12-10-09, 10:24 AM   #4919
Kapitan Soniboy
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

For the first time, I've had a career from the beginning of the war to june 44. The snorkel has just been available but I can't afford it. I have looked in the cfg file for a way to reduce the amount of renown needed to buy a snorkel without luck. I'm playing GWX 3.0 gold with SH3 Commander. Please help.

Thanks
Old 12-10-09, 11:27 AM   #4920
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan Soniboy View Post
For the first time, I've had a career from the beginning of the war to june 44. The snorkel has just been available but I can't afford it. I have looked in the cfg file for a way to reduce the amount of renown needed to buy a snorkel without luck. I'm playing GWX 3.0 gold with SH3 Commander. Please help.

Thanks
Go to Basic config and change all the renown= to zero on equipment, or copy the basic config in the NYGM 3.0 mod