SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-10, 06:46 PM   #16
clayp
The Old Man

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 0
Thanks Peabody,that clears that up fine...How are you doing? I'm feeling a little better....

clayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 06:46 PM   #17
de vliegende hollander
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

hi all

i have here a xxi with a fore and a aft 5inch gun turret
only i have a couple problems the aft turret is facing to the front and not to the back
and i can use only one turret
is it possible that i can use both ?

grt henk

Old 02-23-10, 07:21 PM   #18
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayp View Post
Thanks Peabody,that clears that up fine...How are you doing? I'm feeling a little better....
I feel with my fingers mostly.... Glad to hear you are doing better. You know how to feel better right? You give up everything that tastes good or is fun. Take care, if you need any help, just dial 1-555-PEA-BODY, if I don't know the answer, I will make something up.

Take Care, My Friend,

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 07:27 PM   #19
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by de vliegende hollander View Post
hi all

i have here a xxi with a fore and a aft 5inch gun turret
only i have a couple problems the aft turret is facing to the front and not to the back
and i can use only one turret
is it possible that i can use both ?

grt henk
What is that? A BattleSub? As far as I know you can use one deckgun and 3 flakguns. As for the one facing the wrong way, open in S3D and find the node (M01 or M02 usually) that is facing the wrong way. In the "Node Positioning" section that you used to position the guns, make Rotation y=180.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 02-23-10, 07:44 PM   #20
de vliegende hollander
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

i have change it to 1 fore main gun 105mmdg and the 2 20 mm aa

but i can play with one aa and the 105mmdg

how can i make it possible that i can use the second aa also

grt henk

ps: do you not like a batlle sub peabody ?
Old 02-23-10, 09:37 PM   #21
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by de vliegende hollander View Post
i have change it to 1 fore main gun 105mmdg and the 2 20 mm aa

but i can play with one aa and the 105mmdg

how can i make it possible that i can use the second aa also

grt henk

ps: do you not like a batlle sub peabody ?
Just like he is doing the tutorial, only you add A01 and A02 nodes in the tower which is usually in the Objects folder. And the upc stuff and they are usually in the Unitparts section inside the UPCData folder. That is the upc file for the tower. But the XXi is not a stock sub so I am not sure how it is set up. But if you find the A01 or first flak gun you need another node in the .dat and info like the tutorial like the A01 that you already have. Compartment, Crewman (usually only one on a flakgun unless it is a "heavy") and the flakgun entry. Just look at A01 and do the same thing only make it A02.

Peabody

Old 02-23-10, 10:39 PM   #22
clayp
The Old Man

I'm as far as placeing the new compartment in the Gato UPC file,I cant find where it goes in the Gato file and I dont really think I have done anything right to this point..Maybe so....

Old 02-24-10, 03:12 AM   #23
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayp View Post
I'm as far as placeing the new compartment in the Gato UPC file,I cant find where it goes in the Gato file and I dont really think I have done anything right to this point..Maybe so....
Clay,
The tutorial is mainly for new subs/ships made from scratch that don't have any guns yet. The Gato already has the compartments and crewmen and slots necessary to add a gun. So some of the steps you don't need to do. But, so you will know if you need to do it in the future, the compartments just goes next in line for the compartments.

If you take a few minutes to go through the subs.upc file you will see a pattern to it. At first it just look like a mess. But this is the way it is layed out.
1. Compartments
2. Crewmembers for the compartments
3. Equipment and Weapons for the compartments
4. Upgrades for the Equipment and weapons.
5. Functional subsystems..These entries just define what all that stuff it so the game wil know.

So once you see how things go in order, you can follow the tutorial to see how it got there.
If it was the Gato it would be put on like this:

[UserPlayerUnit 1. Compartment 7]
That creates the compartment. A gun is considered a compartment, just like the engine room is considered a compartment.

[UserPlayerUnit 1. Compartment 7. CrewmemberSlot 1]
And
[UserPlayerUnit 1. Compartment 7. CrewmemberSlot 2]
This creates a place to put the men on the gun

[UserPlayerUnit 1. Compartment 7. WeaponSlot 1]
That creates a place to put the gun

Then he show how to put upgrades if you want the gun to change or be able to buy a different one during the war.

Then he shows the funtionalsubsystems.

So I think maybe the reason you got confused as to where to put it is because it is already there on a stock sub, and most of the mod subs. The only difference is in the tutorial he is using compartment 6 and on the gato it is compartments 7 and 8. So if you follow through reading the tutorial but look at the gato compartment 7 it will make sense.

So if you go to part 2 of the tutorial you can put a gun on the sub that isn't normally available for a sub. Etr3 is going to take one out of the GunsRadars.dat which are normally on ships and put it on a sub, and on the Gato you already have a place to put it.

Hope that makes sense.

Peabody

Old 02-24-10, 02:20 PM   #24
clayp
The Old Man

Ok Bro then theres no sense me messing with it..I have 2 deck and 2 AAA on my Gato..Thanks for clearing the whole thing up...

Old 02-25-10, 02:02 PM   #25
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Part 3 of the tutorial is now up! See 3rd post.

P.S. @ peabody, thanks for stepping in and helping out!

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 02:49 PM   #26
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Part 3 of the tutorial is now up! See 3rd post.

P.S. @ peabody, thanks for stepping in and helping out!
Hope I didn't step on your toes. Clay was having a little trouble because he was using a sub that already had the stuff you were describing and it got a bit confusing because of that.
Great tutorial on a difficult topic. Appreciate the time you put into it.

Peabody

Old 02-25-10, 03:02 PM   #27
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
Hope I didn't step on your toes. Clay was having a little trouble because he was using a sub that already had the stuff you were describing and it got a bit confusing because of that.
Great tutorial on a difficult topic. Appreciate the time you put into it.

Peabody
No toes on stepped on at all.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-10, 09:53 AM   #28
DJ_Reonic
Nub

Downloads: 147
This is AWESOME!!! Now I can make my Ohio a death ship, even without nukes. Now I'm just curious, how would I go about setting up the guns so they are stored in the missile tubes, and then on the surface, the tubes open and the guns pop out.

I just want to see how to get the tubes to open, and get the guns to lower and raise. If possible, I'd like to learn how to set up the commands/timing so the guns come out only when the guns are manned, so that the sub looks like a regular Ohio until I call GQ.

Kinda like a Q-ship, just really fast, mean, and quiet.

I hope it's not too much trouble, I'm just a complete n00b in this stuff and want to learn.
DJ_Reonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-16, 07:56 PM   #29
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

etr3 this is great tutorial all i want to ask is that does it work with surface convert playble ships or liners wich dont have any deck gun to fire back at enemy and antiaircraft gun too?
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 03:01 AM   #30
itadriver
Commander

Downloads: 221

Thanks.!!!!!!!!!
itadriver is offline   Reply With Quote