SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-18-16, 02:34 AM   #1
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5
Support Why Japanese planes never drop bombs?

I frequently encountered the Japanese Zero type Fighters around Guadalcanal in Oct. 1942.

However, the strange thing is they never droped a bomb on my sub, they just made the gestures of diving but never throw a bomb out.

Then I noticed that the OTC mod removed the bomb by using a file named "AFB_A6M2_Zero.eqp" , so i replaced it with the one from RSRDC. But after that, there is still no bomb come out from the plane
Does anyone know how to restore the bomb of Zero fighters? it's true that we have a easier game without it, but i think it's not realistic, so i want the bomb back.

(I'm running TMO+RSRDC+OTC+Ralles ModSoup)
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-16, 11:19 AM   #2
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Now, I never stay on the surface to see what kind of plane is attacking or whether he dropped a bomb. But a little birdy told me that Zeros in the war never carried bombs. Some of the modders got their shorts in a wringer and just took the bombs away from the Zeros!

Now two things could be historically wrong with the situation. One, the Zeros are carrying bombs! But two, the bomb\s could be carried by an incorrect airplane. Which one is it? HMMMMMMMMM?

I'm gonna be unpopular and say that the developers meant for some plane to carry bombs into your neighborhood and make your day. I'm gonna say that the developers wanted a bomb presented to you and they just picked the wrong airplane, which you shouldh't see anyway because you should submerge on any converging airplane contact before he can see you!

I say those bombs are being sent as a gift, courtesy of the Emporer, not the planes. Mods should change the kind of planes carrying those fine care packages, not take away the bombs. And if you were operating your sub properly you wouldn't even know there's a problem.

When stuff falls out of the sky and goes boom why do you care what kind of plane dropped it? Is a bomb from a Kate better than a bomb from a Betty? If it's the same kind of bomb, is it more or less deadly because of the kind of plane that dropped it? If they go boom that's all that matters.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-16, 03:38 PM   #3
andy_311
The Old Man

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0

Try the FORTS mod am in 45 just of the coast of Okinawa I got jumped by a multitude of planes and they do drop bombs.torpedos etc and if your unlucky one might just smack right into your conning tower as I where.
Old 05-25-16, 08:10 PM   #4
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215
Uploads: 0

Try the Webster´s Better Air Patrols and the Webster´s Aircrafts patrols demo mission and comment your results.

In all the mods I used (And I mean "all" available supermod), the bombers and fighters drop damned bombs to my boat....

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote