SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-06-05, 11:19 AM   #1
Cale
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Missile Test & Severomorsk campaign missions

Am having problems with Seawolf campaign missions 3 & 4:

1. In missile test mission, I have no problem getting my boat in position to observe the missile test. I have the periscope, ESM & Radar masts all raised in preparation, but I never receive a message saying whether or not I was successful in monitoring everything. I'm really scratching my head over this, as i'm positive that I'm not being detected by either surface or subs.

2. In the severomorsk mission, I have no problems getting to the drop off point in time, but can't deploy my SEAL team. I right-click on ownship when I'm in the area, but no joy.

Does anyone have any feedback on this? Until DW becomes available in Canadian stores, I'll still be playing SC and would like to keep going with my campaign.

Thanks in advance,

Cale
Cale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-05, 12:09 PM   #2
Cale
Watch

**bump**
Old 12-10-05, 12:19 PM   #3
Ramius
Commander

Downloads: 43
Default Re: Missile Test & Severomorsk campaign missions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale
Am having problems with Seawolf campaign missions 3 & 4:

1. In missile test mission, I have no problem getting my boat in position to observe the missile test. I have the periscope, ESM & Radar masts all raised in preparation, but I never receive a message saying whether or not I was successful in monitoring everything. I'm really scratching my head over this, as i'm positive that I'm not being detected by either surface or subs.
You should be able to just finish this mission and then progress onto the next one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale
2. In the severomorsk mission, I have no problems getting to the drop off point in time, but can't deploy my SEAL team. I right-click on ownship when I'm in the area, but no joy.
Sorry, been i while since i played these and i cant remember
Old 12-19-05, 07:43 AM   #4
Sonny160
Swabbie

As you are on the aquired drop off point, you dont select youre sub or tubes....like you launch uuv´s and stuff, but you right click on the landtarget, this creates an option: "engage with"....there is the aslm rockets and stuff, and also youre special forces, be sure to launch NOT at 2200, like the mission says but before this time, 2145 or 21 55 works always.....dont know if there is a "to soon "launch time.

Good |Hunting
Sonny160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-05, 09:28 AM   #5
Cale
Watch

Awesome!!!

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try when I get home tonight!

Cheers & happy holidays,

Cale
Old 12-19-05, 11:28 AM   #6
Sonny160
Swabbie

hahaha, youre welcome.
As for the first mission, just add a range circle at start of the game, i always do this, 2 miles or 4 miles, those are the subs detection ranges. draw a circle what the mission range says, get within that range to the ship, be sure to have exactly 70 feet, for the periscope, then monitor, and the photo isnt that important, just raise all instruments, and the mission will get an update.

im just doing all mission over now, so if you have anymore questions, pm me...im at mission 6 now.

Have fun, and happy holidays to......
Old 01-13-06, 05:22 PM   #7
underwaterguy
Swabbie

Default reply mission 5

Hey Sonny160.

I've been notified about a reply from you but I can't find it!
Directions please!

regards.
underwaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-06, 10:40 AM   #8
Sonny160
Swabbie

When 1700 passes you have to get a small message, wich says something like, complete....leave battle area or go to deep waters, you can end it right there, if not ? then you might have a bug. cause after you find it and remain undetected, you should complete it quite easy, i just staid to the coastline, and tracked it with port towed array, 1 knot, then end mission.

Good luck

next mission is tougher :-D
Old 06-10-07, 01:56 PM   #9
ausraider
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny160
hahaha, youre welcome.
As for the first mission, just add a range circle at start of the game, i always do this, 2 miles or 4 miles, those are the subs detection ranges. draw a circle what the mission range says, get within that range to the ship, be sure to have exactly 70 feet, for the periscope, then monitor, and the photo isnt that important, just raise all instruments, and the mission will get an update.
I tried that - at exactly 70 feet (I'd been trying it at about 68-67 to get a good photo previously) and within 3 Nu of the Udaloy - about 2 nu actually.
I raised all necessary masts - ESM - Periscope - Radio. had the Starboard TA deployed also and maneuvering about 7knts.
The only things I didn't have up were, the Wire and the Radar Mast-for obvious reasons.

Contacted the Udaloy, the Neustrashimyy, and the Airbus via Sonar crew - all displayed on my Nav map, and clicked and snapped the Udaloy at the time of firing.

Result.
Goal 1:Remain undetected - Failed.
Goal 2:Start collecting data - Success.
Goal 3:Observe Missle Firing - Failed.

Goal 1 is mute IMO, because if I was detected - the Udaloy would delay the test as it says in the mission brief - and as I have made it do so in previous attempts.

Check this thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=82267

I think they must have got something wrong somewhere.

ausraider.

Ver. 108e.
SCU.

Last edited by ausraider; 06-10-07 at 02:25 PM.
ausraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 03:04 PM   #10
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Downloads: 164
Missle Test FIXED

Okay, here you guys go, please be gentle - it's my FIRST ever mod.

The file is the one for a Seawolf, but that in itself was customized from the 688 one.

This WILL work, so long as you do the following... it can also be converted back to the 688i ship if so desired using the mission editor.

Okay, copy my file over the original in the following (std) folder

C:\PROGRAM FILES\ELECTRONIC ARTS\SUB COMMAND\SCENARIOS

When you enter the mission you will be quite close to the UDALOY but in it's baffles, I suggest that you maintain a speed of about 12kts and heading 270.

Mark on the map the points 42-20n and ??-14-e as per the mission instructions.

When you get within a few hundred yards of the udaloy, slow to about 3kts and rise to 68ft.

When you get the message that you've entered the area to monitor the missle test, set speed to 0.

DO NOT raise ANYTHING

When the missle test is complete you will get a message, about 1 - 2 minutes after that you will get the mission complete.

As long as you've done the above you will get a full pass with no detection.

Is that okay for everyone?

Unfortunately I don't have a working site with which to host the file, so please leave your email here and I'll send it to you.

Hope that helps...

Elphaba
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote