Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-19, 12:12 PM   #11476
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-21-19, 12:57 PM   #11477
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The Sun's (hell of a newspaper to quote I know) political editor Tom Newton-Dunn has highlighted another headache for Boris and co which would have made a 31 October exit day an impossibility with his deal. The Constitutional Reform and Governance Act (2010) requires that any international treaty (the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement is such a treaty) be laid before the House of Commons for 21 days before it can be ratified. I don't know if that means 21 calendar days or business days but either way the latest the deal would need to have been submitted would have been 10 October and Boris's deal hadn't been done by then.
Let me guess that the over rated, over paid, over due law makers were not aware of this Constitutional Reform and are at this moment having lunch laughing how they stalled the treaty again.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 10-21-19, 03:03 PM   #11478
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Let me guess that the over rated, over paid, over due law makers were not aware of this Constitutional Reform and are at this moment having lunch laughing how they stalled the treaty again.
I've no idea but I suspect you could well be right.

Old 10-21-19, 03:07 PM   #11479
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

From no liability comes irresponsibility.

And for some: just sports.
Old 10-21-19, 03:25 PM   #11480
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

For the likes of Boris it is all a game.
Still i somehow thought that Boris' deal would get through.
What does parliament intend to accomplish with this in the long run

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-21-19, 07:11 PM   #11481
Skybird
Soaring

Delaying and frustrating Brexit to death - thats what parliament hopes to achieve. They cannot openly steal the referendum without being hekld accoutnable for it by voters an d oublic opinion - so they must frustrate people until people themselves demand that for the sake of getting out of the stall Brexit shoulkd be cancelled.

Majority of parliament never wanted to exit from day one on, and desperately sought for ways how to get out of Brexit mode. Especially Labour members.

An endless parliamentary filibuster, not made of speeches, but made of tricks and more tricks. Politics at its fouliest. Even more so since Corban already amditted what the purose of the recent delay way: to pave the road for even more delays by endlessly raising amendements to the treaty legislation until either the treaty is not about a Brexit weorth the name anymore, or the battle over the amendements continues. If this gets its ways, it could go for years like this, just so to prevent Brexit. And all while the fighting lasts, the UK stays in the EU .

War of attrition.
Old 10-22-19, 04:32 AM   #11482
Skybird
Soaring

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/21/u...gbr/index.html

Quote:
The wider problem Johnson's team faces is the can of worms opened by Saturday's vote.
Every part of Johnson's deal can now be amended in Parliament with whatever shades of Brexit that MPs wish to attach to it.
That means that, all of a sudden, a so-called Soft Brexit customs union arrangement is back on the table -- potentially enticing a handful of moderates to switch their support from Johnson's plan.
The Democratic Unionist Party (DUP), which supposedly props up Johnson's minority government but whose MPs were left livid by the proposed installation of a customs border in the Irish Sea, have already enacted revenge by pushing the Letwin amendment over the line. They could now heap further misery on the PM by backing a softer alternative plan.
Also likely to emerge is another longshot push for a second referendum, which Labour would be expected to back. That follows a march on Saturday that saw hundreds of thousands demand another say.
So Parliament-watchers are now essentially faced with the prospect a series of indicative votes on Brexit alternatives being considered in tandem, a scene not too dissimilar from the hodgepodge of suggestions put forward in Parliament after it rejected Theresa May's deal three times. In case you've forgotten, all of those suggestions failed too.

Frustrate it to death. Yeah, frustrate it too death.Thats what it all has degenerated into. More destructive political culture cannot become. We see the very idea of majority votes and modern "democracy" being raped . I am not an of modern conception of these two, I do not hide it - but when the others want it that way, I at least insist that they stick to and play by these their chosen rules, principles and ideals. But even that these dubious figures are not willing or capable of.
Old 10-22-19, 05:44 AM   #11483
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Delaying and frustrating Brexit to death - thats what parliament hopes to achieve. They cannot openly steal the referendum without being hekld accoutnable for it by voters an d oublic opinion - so they must frustrate people until people themselves demand that for the sake of getting out of the stall Brexit shoulkd be cancelled.

Majority of parliament never wanted to exit from day one on, and desperately sought for ways how to get out of Brexit mode. Especially Labour members.

An endless parliamentary filibuster, not made of speeches, but made of tricks and more tricks. Politics at its fouliest. Even more so since Corban already amditted what the purose of the recent delay way: to pave the road for even more delays by endlessly raising amendements to the treaty legislation until either the treaty is not about a Brexit weorth the name anymore, or the battle over the amendements continues. If this gets its ways, it could go for years like this, just so to prevent Brexit. And all while the fighting lasts, the UK stays in the EU .

War of attrition.
I concur 100%. The only way out of this is to have a general election and let the electorate decide.

What I like about the above and no doubt those horrible people in Parliament don't is the fact every vote by every MP is now viewable online so the accountability factor is a credible one.

I have spoken face to face with my MP who knows me personally and knows full well the couple of decades I was a party member and told her she has been voting against the wishes of her constituents and as such, she is running the risk of being deselected at the next general election.

The look of horror on her face was worth much more than a lottery win.

Old 10-22-19, 05:49 AM   #11484
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Boris Johnson will urge MPs to back his Brexit deal in a final bid to get the UK to leave the EU in nine days' time.

MPs will vote on the PM's Withdrawal Agreement Bill and if they back it they will be asked to approve a three-day timetable to consider the legislation.

But the decision to curtail the scrutiny of the bill to three days has sparked anger from opposition MPs.
I would be genuinely surprised if this happens.

Quote:
MPs believed by ministers to be ready to back the prime minister include pro-Leave Labour rebels and former Tory MPs now sitting as independents who would rather leave with Mr Johnson's deal than no deal at all.
That is the only possibility but I'm still not convinced.

Old 10-22-19, 06:16 AM   #11485
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
The only way out of this is to have a general election and let the electorate decide.
I have been thinking about this jim and now come to the conclusion it will be a wast of time. Why, simple the voters will be voting in most part that rotten lot of useless wet paper bags! Sack the the lot of them and ban them from standing ever again in any elections and lets have a brand new parliament 100% new people.

I know this will never happen so this rotten lot go on laughing their socks off at us the voters. Time for a massive shake up I say, read my old posts where I present good ideas.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-22-19, 06:18 AM   #11486
STEED
Lucky Jack

I see the EU has had a belly full of Brexit, something we can both agree on.

Quote:
Brexit has been a 'waste of time and energy', EU's Jean-Claude Juncker says

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-ha...-says-11841837

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-22-19, 06:19 AM   #11487
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

As you correctly state, that will never happen unfortunately.

Old 10-22-19, 06:22 AM   #11488
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
As you correctly state, that will never happen unfortunately.
Yep............

Booking a ticket for Mars is now looking very interesting.

Old 10-22-19, 06:23 AM   #11489
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
I see the EU has had a belly full of Brexit, something we can both agree on.
Noticeably Tusk has stated the choice of a no deal would never be made by the EU.

Old 10-22-19, 06:28 AM   #11490
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Noticeably Tusk has stated the choice of a no deal would never be made by the EU.
Oh yea they will never do that in a million years. They do not want to look like the boogie man.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics