SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-09-11, 02:12 PM   #106
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
Thanks,

Before i do, am i to uninstall the original "Fistfull of emblems" and the "Weathered emblems", then install this mod?

And what is different about the mod your suggesting?...why will this make a difference?, the fistfull of emblems mod does work and they are all there for me to use, its onlt my emblem i can't get working..just in-case you thought the mod was'nt working aswell.
unninstal boths mods

make a back-up copy for "Fistfull of emblems

overwritte my mod in mod file over "Fistfull of emblems

enable the Fistfull of emblems and Weathered emblems

i do not know what you are doing wrong - i explained to you the steps that i made when i did my emblems

P.S. if is still not working desable Weathered emblems and try again ( i do not use Weathered emblems)
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 02:38 PM   #107
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Ok, one question, how do i overwrite the Fistfull of emblems with your mod. Will your mod not overwrite Fistfull of emblems when it is activated through JSGME automatically??
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 03:05 PM   #108
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Ok, one question, how do i overwrite the Fistfull of emblems with your mod. Will your mod not overwrite Fistfull of emblems when it is activated through JSGME automatically??
,,my mod'' is Fistfull of emblems but it has and your emblem on it

it is Fistfull of emblems plus your emblem - just enable
Old 02-09-11, 03:15 PM   #109
Poacher886
Chief

Nope it does'nt work. Never mind, i shall make it my lifes work to get my emblem on my boat.
Old 02-09-11, 03:21 PM   #110
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Nope it does'nt work. Never mind, i shall make it my lifes work to get my emblem on my boat.
imposible

if you just enable the mod that i sendet to you

not other emblem mod
and go in the game
you shoul see your emblem
i will make a pictue with you emblem on my uboat to see
2 min
Old 02-09-11, 03:54 PM   #111
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

here is your emblem

folow my steps and it must to work
Old 02-09-11, 04:06 PM   #112
Poacher886
Chief

Excellent, though i've seen a problem already. I was expecting the chopped bits on the side to not have a white background! i thought i was deleting the picture!

I will have another go, but first i have bigger problems, it seems even extracted files using 7z now turn automatically into Rar files and not the usual ones you find in your folders! all my files on my decktop now have 7z on them and are not the usual windoes looking file.
Old 02-09-11, 04:10 PM   #113
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Excellent, though i've seen a problem already. I was expecting the chopped bits on the side to not have a white background! i thought i was deleting the picture!

I will have another go, but first i have bigger problems, it seems even extracted files using 7z now turn automatically into Rar files and not the usual ones you find in your folders! all my files on my decktop now have 7z on them and are not the usual windoes looking file.
right click on on file
open with
chose default program
win rar archiver
Old 02-09-11, 04:41 PM   #114
Poacher886
Chief

I've sorted my file problems thanks.

I will have to admit defeat with this emblem mod. I totally removed the original Fistfull of emblems from my mods file and just installed yours, i get no emblem of mine and only 12 of the original.

Im beat.
Old 02-09-11, 04:44 PM   #115
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I've sorted my file problems thanks.

I will have to admit defeat with this emblem mod. I totally removed the original Fistfull of emblems from my mods file and just installed yours, i get no emblem of mine and only 12 of the original.

Im beat.
you enabled over this another emblem mod?
Old 02-09-11, 04:52 PM   #116
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

here you must have enabled the mod at the end of jgsme

your mod is in my picture called a fistfull of emblems v1.51test

and i have no other emblems mods enabled after this mod

Old 02-09-11, 05:08 PM   #117
Poacher886
Chief

I,ve reloaded the original and all is fine now. i might read through your original procedure and make sure i do everything correctly, strange how it works fine for you!
Old 02-09-11, 05:26 PM   #118
Poacher886
Chief

My god, finally i've got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbeliveably i was making many mistakes and by reading your original instructions about 5 pages back its worked!!!

Basically mistake No:

1. I was'nt disabling the fistfull mod first Doh!
2. I was just droping it in the pile and not copying a name of an existing file for it to replace (maybe this isn't necessary as someone said, but replacing U-201.dds with my file named the same has worked!.

Thanks for your patience everyone especially stoianm, i got there in the end.

Now, ive selected it as my new Emblem and equipted my boat with it, i then took a walk down the jetty to view it but my boat still has my old emblem on it? im guessing the new one will appear when i start a new patrol yes?

Also, thinking the bits aon the side of the emblem that i cut away to make it look a bit beaten have left a nice shinny white patch!, what im wanting to do, is colour those bits with a light crey similar to my U-boat to cover them, but im worried that if i open my file in Paint.net i will once again be faced with the size problem??
Old 02-09-11, 05:33 PM   #119
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
My god, finally i've got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbeliveably i was making many mistakes and by reading your original instructions about 5 pages back its worked!!!

Basically mistake No:

1. I was'nt disabling the fistfull mod first Doh!
2. I was just droping it in the pile and not copying a name of an existing file for it to replace (maybe this isn't necessary as someone said, but replacing U-201.dds with my file named the same has worked!.

Thanks for your patience everyone especially stoianm, i got there in the end.

Now, ive selected it as my new Emblem and equipted my boat with it, i then took a walk down the jetty to view it but my boat still has my old emblem on it? im guessing the new one will appear when i start a new patrol yes?

Here i do not understand - to chose a new emblem you must to be in bunker and after that you normaly go in the patrol - how you choosed the emblem and you say that after you will start a new patrol you will see the emblem. you are losing me here

Also, thinking the bits aon the side of the emblem that i cut away to make it look a bit beaten have left a nice shinny white patch!, what im wanting to do, is colour those bits with a light crey similar to my U-boat to cover them, but im worried that if i open my file in Paint.net i will once again be faced with the size problem??
you can rework your jpeg and send to me and i will send you the dds

Old 02-09-11, 05:41 PM   #120
Poacher886
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
you can rework your jpeg and send to me and i will send you the dds

Basically i am in the bunker. I have selected my Emblem and equipted my boat with it, it shows my emblem as the one selected in the upgrades panel.

I then came out of the upgrades panel and walked down the peir/jetty to look at my conning tower in the pen, but my old emblem is still on the boat!, what im thinking is when i start a new patrol (and teleport to boat) it will then show on my U-boat.

I've just taken a copy of my emblem and opened it in Paint.net. I made some adjustments to the cut away bits on the sides (coloured them shades of grey), then i saved with default dds settings (i.e i didn't touch anything) and once again my emblem is back to 32.1kb !!!!!

Remember this is a copy to test with, i have not screwed with the one in the game...thanks for the offer of doing it for me, but i dont want to have to bother you every time i want to do a new emblem, why is it that i cant seem to size it to 85.4kb regardless of leaving the sizes untouched??

What do i need to do?

Thanks