SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-31-12, 01:10 PM   #946
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
Antenae have been moved outside the tower and attachment structures have been added

Hope you like it and original authors of the modification I used will allow me to share

Bye,
Mith
I didn't build the Narwhal, only helped with putting on both deckguns so they would both work and a few other minor things they asked for help with.
Just want to make one point, because I didn't build it I do not know if it will be a problem. On some of the subs the antenna and radar gets changed throughout the war BUT they use the same nodes in the subname.dat file, so by moving things and making attachments, you may end up with some surprises when it gets changed to something else.
Just a word of caution.
Also you do not need to wait for permission from me, it is not my work.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 03:23 AM   #947
Mithrandir
Bosun

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

Hello Peabody,
I did not knew what was your contribution to the Narwhal project but, since I wanted to have the permission from all the authors, I checked the readme file to have informations on the people involved and tried to list them all.
If you see that I have forgotten somebody (like I did for Hitman - sorry for that), please, let me know!
Thanks for your suggestions, you are right, radar antennae, periscopes and all that stuff of sensors use a unique dat file and are not linked to a single unit (except if you add an additional one to the file used only by a specific unit). I did not modified this.
I did not expressed myself too well, indeed. I have changed the wires that start from the hull and are connected on the tower (usually on their sides) and that must be some kind of low-frequency / long-wave radio antennae. In the Narwhal model, these antennae pass through the tower and between you and the watch officer on the deck. As you can see in the figures, now they correctly pass to the side of the tower and outside the deck. To do this I only changed the 3D model of the Narwhal hull. This should not have any un-wanted side effect (I also tested each sub and each tower but they have their own antennae in the dat file of the tower and seems to be not affected by the modification.
I've also fixed similar problems in the P-class and Salmon/Sargo class towers (not simmetric stern cables), Probably for this I'll open a new [REL] thread...

Bye,
Mith
Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-12, 04:15 AM   #948
jeff1122
Swabbie

Downloads: 215
Default Great

Nice work...!!!!! It looks very good!
jeff1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 02:11 PM   #949
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Does this work with RFB 2.0? or is the Narwhal in RFB this Narwhal model ?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-12, 05:16 PM   #950
Soviet Creeper
Planesman

Downloads: 143

The narwhal in RFB is pretty much the same as this one, but its missing the moster deck guns. It gets two 4in guns instead of six. Still a really good sub, it has 22000 nm range, and can dive pretty deep. Its just lacking tubes :P
Old 04-21-12, 01:45 AM   #951
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Creeper View Post
The narwhal in RFB is pretty much the same as this one, but its missing the moster deck guns. It gets two 4in guns instead of six. Still a really good sub, it has 22000 nm range, and can dive pretty deep. Its just lacking tubes :P

I wish I could some answers on the donation Narwhal and versions to work with TMO RSRD RFB RSRD but no one ever seems to want to answer.Would be a great addition to have this in these great mods.
Old 04-30-12, 12:01 AM   #952
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
hello,
I've made a small mod to be installed on TMO 2-5 and Narwhal that should make them compatible. I've also modified the Narwhal to add the emblem and kills plus some fixes to the model. I would like to know if I can make them available on Subsim (I think that I should have a permission from the creators of TMO, Narwhal, emblem and kills for this)...
To make this mod I started from the work of the following people:
Sledgehammer427, Keltos01, Peabody (Narwhal), Ducimus, Othr, Privateer (TMO parts).
I would like to have from them the permission to share it.
Hereafter you can find some screenshots of the fixes to the Narwhal model I would like to share:

No more trasparent deck from below, tower emblem, kills and flag like for all other subs in TMO. Furthermore, no more artefacts on the starboard hull side is present

No more transparent periscopes

Antenae have been moved outside the tower and attachment structures have been added

Hope you like it and original authors of the modification I used will allow me to share

Bye,
Mith
did they grant permission? Where can I get the patch? Also, did you make it where it works with TMO RSRD? its badly needed.
Old 04-30-12, 05:03 PM   #953
Soviet Creeper
Planesman

Downloads: 143

I agree, Id love to get a narwhal in TMO
Old 06-02-12, 11:42 AM   #954
Revere
Swabbie

Downloads: 75

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...hlight=narwhal

see post #11
Revere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 09:06 AM   #955
chris455
A-ganger

Downloads: 97

Bubblehead, did you ever get permission to post your mod? It looks great!
chris455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-12, 01:34 AM   #956
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
That's brilliant

Of course you have my blessing to use it, contact Neal to redistribute it openly, I'm sure he will agree
Even though we made it, Neal bought it from me with the winning price he gave !

Bottom line : Neal Stevens is now the owner of the mod !

regards

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 11:31 PM   #957
TwinStackPete379
Gunner

Downloads: 32

Awesome. I once donated for this mod but lost the file. I really liked this boat.
Old 02-09-13, 11:53 PM   #958
maxgravity
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Default Installing the Narwhal and tweaking the guns

Hello,

I was a long time Silent hunter 3/4 player until someone burglarized my home in 2011. Just now getting back into the game and decided to support subsim by buying the Narwhal. I tried installing it to a clean 1.5 install via JSGME but do not see the sub in game. Is there a instal guide/instructions floating around?

Also, since I ahve those two gorgeous 6 inchers to play with, I'm thinking about designing a mod to tweak them into an over the top arcade mod for when I've temporarily had my fill of realism. The issue is that all my old mod info and software were lsot in the breakin and its been a couple of years since I messed with mods. Can anyone point me towards a guide for modding the guns without hopelessly crashing the game?

thanks,

-MaxGravity
maxgravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 05:02 AM   #959
Luno
Ensign

Downloads: 123

Any updates on this mod for RFB? The 3-D model is excellent.
Victories: 1 Merchants (4519 GRT), 0 Warships (0 GRT), 0 Aircraft
Sunk with all hands lost.

Luno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 05:57 AM   #960
Mithrandir
Bosun

Downloads: 199

Hello, I'm back... They gave permission but I didn't had the possibility to work on it anymore. Now I'm back. Hope I will be able to upload it for the end of present week. Sorry for having disappeared for so long...
Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote