SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-15, 08:47 PM   #121
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

US strikes at Daesh leader in Libya, I hope they got him!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...bya/ar-BBn0mCr

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-15, 02:34 AM   #122
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Just send the Russians in.

They're not war weary like NATO is after Iraq and Afganistan and they'll bring a pleasant brutality to ISIS.
Just tell them where ISIS is, a lot of their bombs seem to fall on non-ISIS territory
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-15, 02:45 PM   #123
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Speaking of the Russians...could this picture be the start of increased co-operation between Russia and the US against Daesh?

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-15, 03:00 PM   #124
Betonov
Navy Seal

Slovene media reported a week ago that Russians are ready to make a deal with the non ISIS rebels in Syria about some govermental changes in Damascus.
I hope this is a) true and b) the terms on both sides won't be something neither side will accept
Old 11-15-15, 03:05 PM   #125
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Cool picture ... What are they saying?

Quote:
Obama: "We know from experience that if we do this then they wil do that"

Putin: "Maybe we should nuke them and then blame it on the USA"

Obama: "How about we blame it on France they have nuclear submarines we could blame it on"

Putin: "Won't work unless you wipe them all out"
Bottom line is that isis is saying stay out of our terrritory or we will get rough.

I bet they have some of those left over Syrian wmd hiding somewhere and if they get backed
into a corner they won't out with a whimper
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-15, 03:11 PM   #126
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Not so sure if the meeting went so well:

Old 11-15-15, 03:16 PM   #127
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Another way to look at the attack in Paris is perhaps we have hurt them so badly that they feel a need to lash out.
They say that a wounded and cornered animal is the most dangerous. Perhaps Daesh has been hit hard by the combined forces arrayed against them that they have reached out to try and change the tide by increasing paranoia in Europe so that more Muslim reinforcements join their cause.

Bloomberg has a good article on the difficulties of destroying Daesh:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...uge-challenges
Old 11-15-15, 03:41 PM   #128
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

They have been losing ground in Syria & Iraq, yeah.
Old 11-15-15, 06:47 PM   #129
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Well it looks like the French wasted no time in going after Daesh.
Quote:
Sky News
French fighter planes have dropped 20 bombs on the Islamic State (IS) stronghold of Raqqa in northern Syria.
The bombers hit a jihadi recruitment centre, training camp and arms depot run by the extremist group, according to the French defence ministry.
A spokesman described it as a "massive" attack and France's biggest to date in Syria.
The aerial raid was launched from air bases in United Arab Emirates and Jordan, and involved 10 of France's 12 fighter bombers based there.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...vkJ?li=AAa0dzB
Old 11-15-15, 06:47 PM   #130
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Read this article in a Danish online newspaper
authors Hamed Abdel Samad German-Egyptian Islam expert

"The dangerous prophet"

"Muhammad is the role model for millions of Muslims - but also for terrorists. This is due to Islam's holy prophet also had tyrannical and paranoiske personality traits

Many Muslims are still today taken captive by the mysterious figure Muhammad, who lived in the 600s. Conversely, also the historical Muhammad himself taken captive by the Muslims exaggerated worship and claim his sanctity

Prophet's omnipresence in education and politics and the excessive focus on the religious component in many Islamic societies blocks the development of alternative identities. Everything goes back to him; he hovers over everything and dominates the daily life of Muslim citizens, politicians and theologians. At the same time prevents Muslims strong emotional attachment to and unreflective exaltation of the prophet that there can be a historical-critical examination of Islam's founder.

The more I'm studying Muhammad, the more it seems to me, as I am, with a deck of tarot cards in your hand. Some cards offer comfort and hope, while others are deeply terrifying. Sometimes I draw the moral argumentative preacher from Mecca, sometimes intolerant warlord from Medina. Here is both a man who speaks of compassion and forgiveness, and a mentally ill mass murderer and tyrant.
"
This was just a part of it its very long and google translate isn't the most perfet toy to use.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-15, 08:11 PM   #131
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

"The dangerous prophet"

"Muhammad is the role model for millions of Muslims - but also for terrorists. This is due to Islam's holy prophet also had tyrannical and paranoiske personality traits

Many Muslims are still today taken captive by the mysterious figure Muhammad, who lived in the 600s. Conversely, also the historical Muhammad himself taken captive by the Muslims exaggerated worship and claim his sanctity

Prophet's omnipresence in education and politics and the excessive focus on the religious component in many Islamic societies blocks the development of alternative identities. Everything goes back to him; he hovers over everything and dominates the daily life of Muslim citizens, politicians and theologians. At the same time prevents Muslims strong emotional attachment to and unreflective exaltation of the prophet that there can be a historical-critical examination of Islam's founder.

The more I'm studying Muhammad, the more it seems to me, as I am, with a deck of tarot cards in your hand. Some cards offer comfort and hope, while others are deeply terrifying. Sometimes I draw the moral argumentative preacher from Mecca, sometimes intolerant warlord from Medina. Here is both a man who speaks of compassion and forgiveness, and a mentally ill mass murderer and tyrant.
"
This was just a part of it its very long and google translate isn't the most perfet toy to use.

Markus
It didnt translate very well.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-15, 01:26 AM   #132
Dmitry Markov
Officer

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

"The dangerous prophet"

"

Markus
This article word by word repeats what I've been told in institute during lectures on History of Religions. As I see it: it's always a matter of individual choice - what kind of a person you want to become and the same time it's a matter of your environment ( who are your family, how well are your economic conditions and so on). As for Muslims - their religion gives them way to become either a decent person from, say, Christian point of view or to become a person that is not so decent. What puzzles here is that people choose Islam because it gives an individual a very clear instructions what to do and what not to do - so being a Muslim means that you have strong moral base and confidence in your sacred fate. And here is where environment begins to play it's role - that is the only thing which defines will a person become a terrorist or a good citizen since you cannot criticize the Prophet.

My country is multicultural and I have friends who are Muslims, citizens of my country, and are very good people from any point of view. On the other hand we suffer from Islamic terrorists who are also citizens of our country. Sometimes I wonder what made the both what they are and why they are so polar while sharing the same religion. And I think that there must be some other factors - that work in pair with religion that define a person.
Old 11-16-15, 01:29 AM   #133
CaptainRamius
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
They have been losing ground in Syria & Iraq, yeah.
Definitely. After the continuous bombings by the US and NATO, ISIS is now on its way back down the food chain
CaptainRamius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-15, 03:28 AM   #134
Betonov
Navy Seal

Ugh, facebook at it's ''best''
The people behind the keyboards I mean.

While I understand people like eddy wondering where's the compassion for Palestinians, Lebanese and Afgans that also suffered attacks in the last week, where I can say for myself that it's my eurocentricity (that I'm not ashamed of) and media hypocrisy (whch is shameful),
I don't understand people that one week ago posted moronics that they should post machine guns on the border to prevent migrants coming in and now they're protesting people are more compasionate to the French than Palestinians.
No wait, I do understand them. They're morons and retards and... I should stop here

Old 11-16-15, 03:57 AM   #135
CaptainRamius
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 19

Did you guys know that ISIS is using the PlayStation 4 to contact possible recruits? Just wanted to get that out there
CaptainRamius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terrorism