SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-15, 08:16 PM   #1096
Flyingsub
Watch

Downloads: 315
Uploads: 0

Is the CCOM mod the same as LSH6?. I notice some screens on LSH and CCOM are the same.

"What we need now is fried potatoes and beer!" Das Boot the book.
Flyingsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 02:38 AM   #1097
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post
How do YOU know?
The quoted posting by Schmozo is correct.

Greetings
rowi58
Old 03-01-15, 03:51 PM   #1098
Metalogic
Loader

Downloads: 11
I have Living Silent Hunter 5.1 installed and SH3_XPSP2_Res_Fix_for_1.4b (running the game at 1080p on a Nvidia 970M GPU).

The game itself seems to work okay as far as I can tell, but the game locks-up after completely after loading 100% of the "Ships and Planes" section, I have to kill it in task manager, and even that doesn't always work!

Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here, and how to fix it?

I did apply the 4GB RAM patch (it's on Windows 8.1 64 bit and I actually have 16Gb RAM)
Metalogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 03:07 PM   #1099
Metalogic
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalogic View Post
I have Living Silent Hunter 5.1 installed and SH3_XPSP2_Res_Fix_for_1.4b (running the game at 1080p on a Nvidia 970M GPU).

The game itself seems to work okay as far as I can tell, but the game locks-up after completely after loading 100% of the "Ships and Planes" section, I have to kill it in task manager, and even that doesn't always work!

I did apply the 4GB RAM patch (it's on Windows 8.1 64 bit and I actually have 16Gb RAM)
Does this happen to anyone else running LSH 5.1? I tried re-installing it again from scratch, but it still locks up when I try to access the Ships and Planes section. I have no other Mods installed in this install yet (apart from the 4Gb patch).

On the stock game, I am able to access the "Museum" section, it's only in LSH I can't load the equivalent without it locking up
Old 03-03-15, 02:10 PM   #1100
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post
Now I know.

Hello Tiefgang...

Well I find it VERY irritating that the team spends so much time in senseless discussions and at the same time does not show up here(rarely to hardly, if at all). In fact the team appears to show up in other threads rather than in their own thread here.

That time would be better spent into support and actually doing something instead of postponing and postponing and postponing again. I can hardly smile when seeing that writing simple text-files takes so such a lengthy time - be it a hobby-work or not.

This all appears to get more and more like HAHD and ATWAR...years of big announcements of "the only bigmod around" (as could be read at MS) and nothing gets done and released. And in the same time we have seen new NYGM-releases which clearly prove these claims wrong.

And I say this as a former DEV-Team-member: We all are so much looking forward, but seeing it postponed again and again and at the same time seeing so many useless word-wars (for instance in the UBI-forum) clearly detracts from LSH's fame of old times.

Sincerely wishing the very best (especially for BLUEDUCK personally!!!)

Foot-note:
The rest has all been said before again and again (are we repeating us since years?)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1045
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1052
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1031
BL!TZKR!EG,

i don't know the source of your information. I'am in intensive contact with the LSH3 DEV Team - the next version of LSH3 IS READY! Only the hard work - manuals - must be done.

The comparison with other projects as you wrote above is is unfair against LSH3 and the other projects mentioned in you quoted posting. Everything will take it's time and - as Kpt.Lehmann posted here many times - "it's ready when it's ready".

So wait some weeks and you can download the new version of LSH3 - and i mean weeks, not months.

Greetings
rowi58
Old 03-03-15, 03:45 PM   #1101
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowi58 View Post
BL!TZKR!EG,

Everything will take it's time and - as Kpt.Lehmann posted here many times - "it's ready when it's ready".

Greetings
rowi58
AMEN!
Old 03-03-15, 04:06 PM   #1102
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Downloads: 6

Dear L/SH3 friends

As i wrote some times ago;
BLITZKRIE tried to work with us years ago in the LSH3 Team (English translation of serveral files).
He nerver was a activ/productiv member of the LSH3 DEV Team - he quit under the circumstances of my quality philosophie.
BLITZKRIEG is not able to talk/write in the Name of the LSH3 DEV Team.

Fact is:

1. First read the LSH3 History here (http://www.lsh3.com/v5/index_en.html)
2. LSH3 Supermod Edition 2015 is finaly done since January and work very well
3. Right now we work hard on documentation files in german and english language

I will release our 5 years of L/SH3-Artwork if ALL neccesary work is done – not one day before!
So please my friends have patience couple of weeks to release – more Info soon.

Regards, Urmel & LSH Team
Urmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 04:19 PM   #1103
Metalogic
Loader

Quote:

Is the "Ships andPlanes" component just broken in LSH 5.1, or am I the only one experiencing this problem? Should I just wait for LSh 6 and play the stock game in the meantime?
Old 03-04-15, 05:31 AM   #1104
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Hi metalogic,

as i understand you have got problems with the "Museum" or "Ship and Plane Section". I suggest NOT to start the "Museum after a patrol. It's better to make a "cold" start of the computer (not a re-start) and than watch the "Museum". But it can take some time - up to 15 minutes or more - until the "Museum" shows its ships an planes.

Greetings
rowi58
Old 03-04-15, 05:42 AM   #1105
danasan
Elite Spam Hunter

Downloads: 39

Hi Metalogic,

I refuse to say that parts of LSH 5.1 are just "broken by default"

But I'll quote a statement from another thread:

Quote:

If you have some bad units in your game [broken warships, ships, aircrafts - then Museum won't load. You can check this. Backup your game save folder, run new carrer with all your mads and check museum. If museum won't load [crash] problem is in units. One broken texture, one bad weapon config for one unit, or Id collision and game won't work good. Stock GWX should work fine, but you run it with large number of new units. Maybe the collision is between campaign files? Also many mods changes the same files. [dat, cam, zon, sim, dsd, cfg, eqp...] This can be everything.

/Quote

Found here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...86&postcount=3

That should give you a rough idea of what can cause your trouble.

You may never come in trouble during your campain --- or on your very first patrol --- You'll never know until you try it out!

"I invite you to go inside this submergible hole in the water where you can nicely hide from destroyers."

Last edited by danasan; 03-04-15 at 09:38 AM. Reason: typo ooohoooh
danasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-15, 05:50 AM   #1106
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Use SH3 Validator for the check of the state of units in your roster.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-15, 06:25 AM   #1107
Metalogic
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowi58 View Post
Hi metalogic,

as i understand you have got problems with the "Museum" or "Ship and Plane Section". I suggest NOT to start the "Museum after a patrol. It's better to make a "cold" start of the computer (not a re-start) and than watch the "Museum". But it can take some time - up to 15 minutes or more - until the "Museum" shows its ships an planes.
Okay, I'll try doing this and will just be patient and what to see if it appears after a while - it seems odd that it totally locks up by computer, though, so that I can't do anything else when the bar reaches 100%
Old 03-04-15, 06:30 AM   #1108
danasan
Elite Spam Hunter

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
I TOTALLY forgot about that handy tool... We have to tell Steve about it

"I invite you to go inside this submergible hole in the water where you can nicely hide from destroyers."
danasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-15, 08:37 AM   #1109
Metalogic
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Okay, I'll do that - I found the link for this here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=187453
Old 03-04-15, 08:47 AM   #1110
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Okay, I'll do that - I found the link for this here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=187453
Here is a working link I found in another thread:SH Validator

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote