SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-08, 02:40 AM   #151
ssconvert
Bosun

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Um Asanovic, just a quick question from a purely mod user....
When enabling Racerboy's SH4 effects for GWX 2.1 MOD, do you automatically get the ship's PA announcement, ship's horn/whistle for civilian and military ships?

Do you also automatically get the starshells on the ships as well?

Any advice welcome.

P.S I did read the readme but I'm not a modder so it was mostly all over my head..soz.
ssconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 07:35 AM   #152
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT
Halifax / Brest, January 1944

But is very rare to hit one under GWX normal conditions (=without mod for gunspower...). They have hundreds of hit points...

And, if you please, a question for a question: do you know if these attacks are planed for every partrol start? (because I hat not, for many times, just a couple of ME 109 patroling – allways Jan. 44 + Brest)
NGT, sorry about "ntg" , yesterday I experienced your sh3sim-act bug and I think I know what's causing it..
In my eagerness to try brest and as I am starting always the game with sh3commander, I started one patrol, was fine(no ctd), then immeadiately started second when I exited the patrol by docking to brest. I experienced everything like you, even the ctd.
So, this is the answer to your bug question. I think it says in sh3commander manual that you need to exit the game after patrol to start another.. If I am not wrong..

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6INTRUDER
I know I am wrong and I show it..
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Yes, your funnel bug was related to "without bugfix". This goes to every bug seeker..
Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer
Gandalf the Grey
Yeah, but I found out for some things you pretty much have to know hex.. :rotfl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybody
Cletus Jackson
New version is on the way.. Hopefully I will satisfy everybody, esteticly, fps and everything else..
In the meantime try olc's ubermod.. without reflections, I like it, it raises fps.. And do it with this mod! it is still compatible as he extracted particle effects in the different folder, that olc is really something, cheers to him and..
Cheers to all!
Marko

OOPS forgot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssconvert
Disco fever..
Hey, no, you don't get them immeadiately, just for three ships which I added for show.
In the readmes everything is explained, just read it carefully..
WORD BY WORD..

With v204d you also have sea folder, but that is not deletable as it adds different funnels to warships, and you don't have to do anything with it, just don't delete it..

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-23-08 at 07:51 AM.
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-08, 08:32 AM   #153
asanovic7
Captain

Default this is for NGT

Old 05-24-08, 02:09 PM   #154
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
Flags For IX U-boot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woaou !!!!!!!!

I CANT BELIEVE IT !!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Are you the secret Racerboy's brother? The grandchild of Nikola Tesla?
Sorry for the delay of my response, but I had to recover from the shock. Now I feel better, ok.

About SH3Commander: I dont use it, but only for changing grades and giving supplementary medals. I dont like surprises ingame (random stuff), I have enoug in RL... Anyway, I will exit before every new patrol...

About the download, I have the last edition. I look forward for the next one.

Thanks again for the flags. I wait for this release.
(perhaps a little bigger flags..)

Keep modding!!!

NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-08, 06:00 AM   #155
asanovic7
Captain

Default woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT
I CANT BELIEVE IT !!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Are you the secret Racerboy's brother? The grandchild of Nikola Tesla?
Sorry for the delay of my response, but I had to recover from the shock. Now I feel better, ok.

About SH3Commander: I dont use it, but only for changing grades and giving supplementary medals. I dont like surprises ingame (random stuff), I have enoug in RL... Anyway, I will exit before every new patrol...

About the download, I have the last edition. I look forward for the next one.

Thanks again for the flags. I wait for this release.
(perhaps a little bigger flags..)

Keep modding!!!

Didn't expect this kind of treatment.. :rotfl:
Thanks, wow now my grades are on 4th level. When will that happen in real life, I wonder..
Easy, I did that to test if I can do it. I was planning to give only to you that mod anyway, so I cannot say anything else for now. You tell me..
I am not shure if somebody else isn't allready doing it and if I could or should deliver that mod. And the compability issue(with reflection, without for olc). Then those damn pennants, rb linked them with snorkel but that is such a bugger for me I don't like them. It looks cool but noo.. When snorkel shows they don't appear and I don't know if I can add another extensible item to the turm, Gandalf should know better. Racerboy mentioned also about making the flags not wired to the turm so that they can be also extensible, but that goes to pennants section.
Next, I placed the flags next to each other because that flag pole for 9c is too short. I tried to extend it(3dsmax) but me and my buddy(who doesnt love this s..t ) got stuck with importing that 3d model in the game. Since fubar is the right word that describes my knowledge about models I have to read more in s3d forum or ask skwas himself.
And the last thing. Flags are 3d models that have animation imported. If I figured that correctly, those animations imported in the dat file are in fact frames from 1 to let's say 30. So if I would make the flag bigger, shorter or anything(counting on I could import it :rotfl: , I didn't try) then I would probably mess up those animations.
HUH so you see.. YOU MIGHT BE OVERREACTING!
For the new version of this mod, I am working on it, but I am not satisfied with the smoke texture and that dkruger is not answering on pm. So I am working my own.
I hope I can do it properly, but I don't know if I don't try.
Only today I managed to download lifeboats mod and it sound file I think differs from the one I enabled for compatibility so I don't think they are compatible...
In the meantime check out this event:

In the "old" days that would be 0 or 1 fps, so I raised it 5 fps, so do you think explosion is less clearer, uglier, or.. ?
Cheers
Old 05-27-08, 04:20 PM   #156
NGT
Lieutenant

Nice explosion

Ok (super)man, one by one:
1. For my taste the explosion above looks wonderful.
2. The smoke, indeed, should be darker with more volume.
3. Why you feel oblige to do pennants? Flags are more than enough. And people wont flags. Go to RB thread for flags and pennants and look how many people wait for that.
The key-word is personalisation: flags are like skins for U-boot. You can see how many visitors to skins threads, because they can personalise the U-boot. And flags go in the same way. (Same for uniforms —Venatore is Great— but less popular than skins.)
4. As far as concern the sound for lifeboats I can't say something, I took out the folder anyway, I don't wont it. Remember, I am not the target public, I stay definitely in OLCE 1.7 (with tweaked underwater visibility, thanks S3D) with the original GWX sh3.sdl.

Thanks again for your effort. Hope the best for you.
Old 05-29-08, 11:55 AM   #157
wizardmatt
Helmsman

Downloads: 58

hey asanovic7 - feedback!
first of all id like to say thanks for all your great work so far. this mod is no doubt the best FX mod there is, in terms of eye candy. keep it up!
just a coupla thoughts tho. the texture of the smoke is great, much better than normal. however, i agree with some of the posts above that the colour does need to be darker, especially at night (im using olce2 2.3 at the moment). also, i'd be wary of downgrading the quality of the FX: the whole point of this mod is that it is high quality. sure, it hurts fps, but on my new-ish mid-range computer even the most catastrophic explosion only causes a drop to around 20 fps, where it still looks great! it would be nice for your fans with older computers to use it, so maybe you could keep what youve done so far intact and do another version which is more lo-res for older computers? like i said, aside from the colour of the smoke i like it as it is!
a final thing. like you suggested in the readme, i tried using the original gwx zones.cfg instead of yours. to be honest, i dont think this combination worked that well - i prefer your zones.cfg. it certainly didnt seem to me that it caused any unrealistic, extra damage in comparison. also, ive istalled this mod over the latest version of lifeboats&debris and everything seems to work ok.
if we meet, i'll buy you a beer. if racerboy ever comes back i'll get him one too
wizardmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 11:58 AM   #158
R1fl3M4n
Gunner

Downloads: 86

nice

The Merchant season is open!
R1fl3M4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-08, 09:17 AM   #159
asanovic7
Captain

Default HEY

I will try to upload the new version today, but right now I am going to drink a beer.. If I don't make it today, until monday no show.
I will hurry.
Cheers!
Old 05-30-08, 11:50 AM   #160
NGT
Lieutenant

We can see here the negative influence of alcohol in modding SH3 ! ! !

Hope you drink after modding, not before...
:rotfl:
Old 05-30-08, 12:11 PM   #161
asanovic7
Captain

Default HEY

NEW VERSION IS RELEASED, CHECK THE FIRST PAGE.
UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE UPLOADED ONLY ONE PIC FROM THE NEW RELEASE AND YOU CAN SEE IT ON THE PAGE 1, AS WELL AS THE RELEVANT INFO. HERE IS ONE OTHER SCREENIE FROM A BONUS I ADDED TO THIS MOD.

Cheers

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-30-08 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-31-08, 04:42 AM   #162
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Downloads: 22

Hi!

Sorry I couldnt find any info for this question in the readme:

Do I have to roll back SH3 Commander before enabling this mod? And can I enable it mid patrol?

Awesome mod btw... many thanks!
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-08, 07:25 AM   #163
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuppes
Hi!

Sorry I couldnt find any info for this question in the readme:

Do I have to roll back SH3 Commander before enabling this mod? And can I enable it mid patrol?

Awesome mod btw... many thanks!
As a rule of thumb I tend to play it safe and always enable/disable any mods while in port and after I have rolled back SH3 Commander.

With regards to this mod SH4 Effects I haven't even tried it yet but I'm sure users of it here will come back to you on that.
"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist." Sheikh Abdul-Hakim Murad (Timothy Winter)
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 09:08 AM   #164
asanovic7
Captain

Default new version v204f1 is out

Just to tell you the truth, ROLLBACK SH3COMMANDER EACH AND EVERY TIME BEFORE YOU WANT TO ENABLE SOME MOD. And enable mods in port, the safest way, it seems.

The screenies are pretty much the same as they were, but there are big differences, check it yourself!
Cheers!!
Old 06-06-08, 10:35 AM   #165
NGT
Lieutenant

Default hello Asanovic7

In the Thread starter, first page of "SH3 Mods Workshop", you have "....MOD V2.04e" instead of "2.04f1" Perhaps is interesting to change that.

I will try this new version the weekend. I hope without problems with Subsim (it was unavailable during 1 hour). But now I have your address from the readme (Rbs8flagisreadme.doc), so I can pm you from outside Subsim.

Just one question: The See folder remains the same since version 2.04e ?

Thanks !