SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-09, 04:51 PM   #1036
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta Sigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight
I also love to take the regular oil rigs, and place them on the ocean floor to make underwater bases as well. I would really like to set one of these underwater rigs up with torpedos eventually once I get the hang of database editing.

That's a bit 007.

Would be fun, though.
Heck yeah ! I love occasionally adding a little fictional element to Dangerous Waters once in a while. I've done stuff like stick several those armed oil rigs together real close to make a single giant battle platform bases out of them (along with a defending navy). The resulting battle was like something out of a GI Joe cartoon.
Old 04-25-10, 12:38 AM   #1037
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
Heck yeah ! I love occasionally adding a little fictional element to Dangerous Waters once in a while. I've done stuff like stick several those armed oil rigs together real close to make a single giant battle platform bases out of them (along with a defending navy). The resulting battle was like something out of a GI Joe cartoon.
hehehehe... been done for real....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
LWAMI v3.09 mod download link seems to be a bit hard to track down around here (I found it on another site), so I have hosted it on my site.

Download LWAMI v3.09 here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mwi2mbylzgm
lol... sure give everyone v3.09 which they will have to overwrite in few days...

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-10, 07:24 AM   #1038
Delareon
Planesman

Downloads: 77

is the Seawolf Modell from RA Mod also one of yours TLAM Strike?
And is it included in LWAMI 3.10?
Because it looks really really nice
Delareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-10, 09:18 AM   #1039
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delareon View Post
is the Seawolf Modell from RA Mod also one of yours TLAM Strike?
And is it included in LWAMI 3.10?
Because it looks really really nice
I don't know if the model in RA is mine or not, I don't have the RA mod installed.

Could you post a pic or two and I'll tell you.

My new Seawolf and Akula models are not in 3.10. I had trouble getting the tube doors to work and set them aside. In the future when I fix that problem and remake the sails of both they will be included in a future release.

Old 04-26-10, 01:18 PM   #1040
Delareon
Planesman

Downloads: 77

Have a look:

Delareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-10, 05:47 PM   #1041
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Nope that's not my model. I like it though...

Old 06-11-10, 10:21 AM   #1042
Mast
XO

Downloads: 49

Quote:
My new Seawolf and Akula models are not in 3.10. I had trouble getting the tube doors to work and set them aside. In the future when I fix that problem and remake the sails of both they will be included in a future release.
Bummer... I was looking forward to your models in 3.10. The RA Mod models/skins are beautiful but wonder how realistic their database is. I've got LWAMI 3.10 activated now and I'm trying to get used to the game again. Been a long time since I installed and played DW. Hopefully you figure out the problems with the torpedo doors.
Mast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 02:19 AM   #1043
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220

A word of appreciation for the Lwami 3.10s Teams excellent work - THANKS.

Having not been involved since 3.09, flirting with the 'other' lady in town, I had'nt realised what a major step forward this mod has taken.

Apart from the superb under the bonnet /hood supercharging , the quality of the models, and the excellent documentation is up there with the best !

Great work guys.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 02:28 AM   #1044
Bellman
Sea Lord

Default LWAMI 3.10 Manual

One small query regarding the new improved AI sonar sensitivity - I would have expected the manual para. 3.1.3 & 3.2.2 to read -
less than twice the range rather than 'less than half the range a human can detect a contact in the same conditions.'

Old 06-16-10, 04:50 AM   #1045
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellman View Post
One small query regarding the new improved AI sonar sensitivity - I would have expected the manual para. 3.1.3 & 3.2.2 to read -
less than twice the range rather than 'less than half the range a human can detect a contact in the same conditions.'
What's written is correct, but maybe it was a little ambiguous. What we're saying is that without any changes, the AI might not classify (and engage) a target until it's at half the range a human player would have detected the same contact. That's why stock AI is so easy to pick off. AI sonar sensitivity is boosted so that their detection/classification/engagement occurs at ranges comparable to a human adversary.

This is an older change--it probably came rather early in the 3 series.
Old 06-16-10, 05:31 AM   #1046
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
What's written is correct, but maybe it was a little ambiguous. What we're saying is that without any changes, the AI might not classify (and engage) a target until it's at half the range a human player would have detected the same contact. That's why stock AI is so easy to pick off. AI sonar sensitivity is boosted so that their detection/classification/engagement occurs at ranges comparable to a human adversary.

This is an older change--it probably came rather early in the 3 series.

That you speak - rather doubtfully.

The speech can go only about sensor controls in bandwith 800-2000 Hz.

Besides - after detection of contact - the submarine will make zig-zag turn (so is established in the doctrine).
And by that - will unwrap to the target Hull and Towed Array sonars.
It is necessary to say, that at force of contact TgtConf - more than 40 units - the classification ALWAYS works.
Even on the maximal distance of a sensor control. Only if it not a sensor control with 800-2000 Bandwith.
You have given the good extra charge for AI of a sensor control.

The business not in classification - and that that N.S.Engine does not obey to a command FireBest or AtackBest from doctrine.

ML - you know about what I speak: aggression .
Old 06-26-10, 04:12 AM   #1047
Bellman
Sea Lord

Default Hyper 48s

I have been looking at close-in (killing-zone) torpedo performance namely within 1.5nm of target.
Whether or not a mods blurb flags-up changes, often subtle tweaks occur, somewhere on the modding journey.

Under test, a 48 locked on to my sub and bit on my active cm, 300 yds from my sub, as I attempted to slip out of its 'cone.'
Spoofed it climbed to preset depth, levelled then performed a manic vertical rotation to dive verticaly on my sub.
(The cm was released and remained, at subs depth 700 ft, torp preset 100 ft. All action above layer.)

Four issues:-
1. Minimal delay from spoofing to reengagement'
2. Speed of rotation in vertical plane.
3. Exhibits a very large vertical cone.
4. Overall time/distance factor demonstrating 'hyper' sensitivity. (Climb then descend 600ft within 300yds appx.)

However I have also observed some anomolies in RA torp/cm performance so I need to eliminate the possible effect of game
acceleration and/or Windows 7. I wonder whether anyone else may have had Windows 7 effects ? Hate to criticise
the modders excellent work, if the fault lies elsewhere.

Last edited by Bellman; 06-26-10 at 04:50 AM.
Old 06-26-10, 08:47 AM   #1048
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I have been looking at close-in (killing-zone) torpedo performance namely within 1.5nm of target.
Whether or not a mods blurb flags-up changes, often subtle tweaks occur, somewhere on the modding journey.

Under test, a 48 locked on to my sub and bit on my active cm, 300 yds from my sub, as I attempted to slip out of its 'cone.'
Spoofed it climbed to preset depth, levelled then performed a manic vertical rotation to dive verticaly on my sub.
(The cm was released and remained, at subs depth 700 ft, torp preset 100 ft. All action above layer.)

Four issues:-
1. Minimal delay from spoofing to reengagement'
2. Speed of rotation in vertical plane.
3. Exhibits a very large vertical cone.
4. Overall time/distance factor demonstrating 'hyper' sensitivity. (Climb then descend 600ft within 300yds appx.)

However I have also observed some anomolies in RA torp/cm performance so I need to eliminate the possible effect of game
acceleration and/or Windows 7. I wonder whether anyone else may have had Windows 7 effects ? Hate to criticise
http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...t=4912&page=12

Post #456 at this forum, shows properties of a vertical cone.
Old 06-26-10, 10:49 AM   #1049
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Just to be clear, game acceleration has to be limited to 8x.
Anything greater than this and you get problems with the mod. Its also specified in the weapons manual to set time acceleration to 8x and not 16x (default value in DW).
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 12:44 PM   #1050
Bellman
Sea Lord

My opening remarks above were about LWAMi and I doubt I accelerated even to x8 - to get the 48s into terminal test positions.
The reported behaviour is not the freaky type of event associated with over accelerations which have been present in the game for a long time.
The behaviour is 'normal' at normal game speed - but super sensitive !

I have modified my config settings to eliminate any negative effects of unguarded acceleration in RA and will have another look at it.

Last edited by Bellman; 06-26-10 at 12:57 PM.