SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-08-11, 04:20 PM   #196
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
I believe there is a Menu Editor for SH3/4 also.

It was released as a Modder created Tool.
I know I have it.

jimimadrid search for him.
Excellent, Thanks for info Privateer .

EDIT: Is this the tool your refering too? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi mate,

Eh eh i didn't want to announced name until people where sure about their decision in joining my crazy venture

Welcome aboard shipmate and prepare to suffer

For the first few custom UVW template of battleships i will do them so you can start working on them at your own pace

Depending on the model hull length i have to do some magic trick on the unwrapping process.

Best regards Hans
Thanks Hans, look forward to starting. Will make a nice change from Sh5 (Especially since I haven't even played it yet ).
I've avery good feeling for your mod - think its gonna reach new heights .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 04:46 PM   #197
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
The Type II was superceded by the type VII.
Very litle seems to have been changed on the various versions of the type II aside from some Turm modifications.
It was mostly an obsolete Boat as far as modifications go.
Hi mate,

I wonder if the VIIA turm was the same as TYPIID??

Regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 04:52 PM   #198
stringy
Swabbie

Downloads: 65

Looks like I am destined to patrol the high seas in a typeII for a while yet. Excellent Job with this mod and looking forward to the release. Really enjoyed the videos just hope my steam driven computer can cope with the extra strain.

Viel Erfolg!
stringy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 04:53 PM   #199
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Excellent, Thanks for info Privateer .

EDIT: Is this the tool your refering too? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131625

Thanks Hans, look forward to starting. Will make a nice change from Sh5 (Especially since I haven't even played it yet ).
I've avery good feeling for your mod - think its gonna reach new heights .
Hi mate,

I had a good feeling starting this last spring and i still have full enthusiasm doing it

And i still have some others nice surprised along the way never before seen in Sh3

Best regards Hans

Old 02-08-11, 04:58 PM   #200
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringy View Post
Looks like I am destined to patrol the high seas in a typeII for a while yet. Excellent Job with this mod and looking forward to the release. Really enjoyed the videos just hope my steam driven computer can cope with the extra strain.

Viel Erfolg!
Hi mate and thank for your support and i would say that you won't have problem running it because myself i am running it flawlessly on an old rig :

Core 2 duo 6750E
3 GB of Corsair 667 MHZ ram
Ati x1900

And you won't be stuck with IIA for all your campaign because others boats will be add as updates

I will also release 2 versions of it one with higher res texture and one with lower res texture.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-08-11, 05:01 PM   #201
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

I spend the few free hours of my day browsing the net and my books on the matter TypeIID, and it really is scarce.

Even in the all of the U-Boot literature i have, there is so few on the IID.

The books keep saying that, when the war started the type2 was already obsolete, but was still used, since it was still a solid coastal boot and trainings boat for the Kaleun wannabees.

His small/short Operational radius and load, were compensated, by making it commit two patrols in a row sometimes. If they were under a certain length or early spent. ( and with a handful of torps it was easy being spent early)
Re-arming and refueling, and back into the waters.

But little is left of the boot, picture-wise. Especially the detail pictures! Even Buchheim who had a camera-fetish and talent has not much on them. Sorry!

@Makman, I am not qualified to make statements concerning historical accuracy or performance given by equipment or sensors.
I have to rely on other people on that matter, who are better versed.

Nor did i test the sensors in great detail like some other people here.

But as far as I am concerned, you should use NYGM (which i personally prefer too) as an template, and build from there.
Or GWX ( given the consent of the makers, of course )

Those mods are around for some time now, and the modders invested lots of time into the sensors.

Last edited by Myxale; 02-08-11 at 05:15 PM.
Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 05:21 PM   #202
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale View Post
I spend the few free hours of my day browsing the net and my books on the matter TypeIID, and it really is scarce.

Even in the all of the U-Boot literature i have, there is so few on the IID.

The books keep saying that, when the war started the type2 was already obsolete, but was still used, since it was still a solid coastal boot and trainings boat for the Kaleun wannabees.

His small/short Operational radius and load, were compensated, by making it commit two patrols in a row sometimes. If they were under a certain length or early spent. ( and with a handful of torps it was easy being spent early)
Re-arming and refueling, and back into the waters.

But little is left of the boot, picture-wise. Especially the detail pictures! Even Buchheim who had a camera-fetish and talent has not much on them. Sorry!

@Makman, I am not qualified to make statements concerning historical accuracy or performance given by equipment or sensors.
I have to rely on other people on that matter, who are better versed.

Nor did i test the sensors in great detail like some other people here.

But as far as I am concerned, you should use NYGM (which i personally prefer too) as an template, and build from there.
Or GWX ( given the consent of the makers, of course )

Those mods are around for some time now, and the modders invested lots of time into the sensors.
Hi mate,

Yes i know resources are scarce regarding TYPIID but i will improvise on the area with the most logical choice but i have some pictures that are relevant for the job.

There where only 16 TYIID made so not a surprised we don't see much pic around.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-09-11, 05:02 AM   #203
Jankowski
Frogman

Downloads: 17

Hi, Hans!

This is great work! I havent really kept up to date with all the subsim stuff after my computer commited suicide and then had linux on it for some time. but now I still have to look at the videos.

also, if you need some extra information, there is one last surviving type 2 in existance, the Finnish Vessiko, maybe worth checking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhB8_kvT9ms
Jankowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 06:47 AM   #204
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

this is fantastic work, mate. you have given the game another great lifespan. I hadn't really been a type 2 player, but now I will be! Very much looking forward to this excellent mod. I can wait to see what your type VII will be like.
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 02:28 PM   #205
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Does,indeed, the real thing at UIIA's scopes had the Kurswinkel 'thingy' ?if yes, thats very nice news becuase i have allready created(for my own use) a Zielkurswinkel Rad that is totally design from scratch and it is very more accurate than the allready released but this 'new' one is also 'designed' by hand so i can't tell that it is 100% perfect. if the real scopes at UIIA had this tool i will import it in its scopes . it needs only to polish it (i have all its layers seperately) so i don't think that will be difficult to make the changes that you noticed
AFAIK yes, all type II were equipped with the same type of early war monocular periscopes with Zielkurswinkel Rad (Attack scope) and without it (Observation scope). But the interesting feature is that the FOV was not rounded, but instead more like the observation periscope in my optics mod. I found it by looking in detail to the plate on the periscopes, you can see there that it indicates the vertical and horizontal FOV, and they are different, with a wide-view
Old 02-09-11, 03:04 PM   #206
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
AFAIK yes, all type II were equipped with the same type of early war monocular periscopes with Zielkurswinkel Rad (Attack scope) and without it (Observation scope). But the interesting feature is that the FOV was not rounded, but instead more like the observation periscope in my optics mod. I found it by looking in detail to the plate on the periscopes, you can see there that it indicates the vertical and horizontal FOV, and they are different, with a wide-view
Hi mate,

To complement your explanation U-boat 1 to 6 have the same periscope, the Carl Zeiss Jena that you can still see in the Vesikko.

The interior of boat 1 to 6 is almost the exact replica of the Vesikko except for some instruments and dials.

There was no captain quarter, the officers share the bunk with the crew.

I also found interesting info on the torpedo load out it was the typIID who start that 6 torpedoes load out scheme, it is quite logical considering that boat has a wider range of operation.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-09-11, 03:06 PM   #207
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post
this is fantastic work, mate. you have given the game another great lifespan. I hadn't really been a type 2 player, but now I will be! Very much looking forward to this excellent mod. I can wait to see what your type VII will be like.
Hi Brett25,

Thank for your support mate and for the typVIIC just look at the typIIA in video and imagine the same amount of detail and quality texture plus that metallic reflection and you have a pretty good idea

Best regards Hans

Old 02-09-11, 03:20 PM   #208
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankowski View Post
Hi, Hans!

This is great work! I havent really kept up to date with all the subsim stuff after my computer commited suicide and then had linux on it for some time. but now I still have to look at the videos.

also, if you need some extra information, there is one last surviving type 2 in existance, the Finnish Vessiko, maybe worth checking out.

Hi Jankowski,

Thank mate, for the Vesikko i already have all the info and i used it to model our typIIA.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-10-11, 08:33 PM   #209
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Default Update News

Hi shipmates,

Everything is going fine i am finishing the TYPIIA interior, the control room and torpedo room are almost in their final stage.

I have start the engine room texture and i am testing new rendering techniques and baked shadow.

Also did some test with crew positioning and torpedo loading animation.

As i already mention earlier in this thread don't expect the level of detail you saw in Tomi diesel room this is simply impossible to have in SH3 and even SH5 could not have such a high polycount.

When modeling for game even in today most recent game engine you cannot escape this fact too many polygons will kill the fps, the minute the sub will cross a big convoy you will crash to desktop with this tremendous amount of details!

So in U-BOOTTYPIIA_HAHD we will have a balance between beauty and functionality i have model enough detail for immersion factor but as an example i didn't model pipe and fitting that are behind the engine this would be a pure waste of resources in the wrong place!

Anyway when you play are you going to go see behind the engine??

We have to do thing logically in modeling for game because first no engine can stand all the detail and second it would take us too much time to finish. So enough detail to feel you are in the right boat but no overkill

Best regards Hans

Old 02-10-11, 10:50 PM   #210
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Also did some test with crew positioning and torpedo loading animation.
Do you mean you've animated torpedo loading inside the boat?

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote